Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Jarron’s G League contract has been acquired by the Delaware Blue Coats. He was previously with Raptors 905

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Cumberland is headed to Greece https://basketball.eurobasket.com//n...ns-Aris/697536

I know things might have been complicated in 2020 and rightfully had interest in trying to catch on with the NBA. But seems like a good move to start making a living overseas, where he has the potential to be very successful.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    A little discussion of it in the John Brannen thread

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Has anyone read the article today about Cumberland on Brannen? I was curious to the contents..

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...o-raptors-905/

The Vipers traded Cumberland to Raptors 905 in exchange for Dewan Hernandez on Thursday.

Cumberland has just four games under his belt so far this season and has averaged only 4.6 minutes in those contests. It appears another squad is interested in giving him a shot, so he'll change uniforms but won't have to travel given that the league is all taking place in a bubble in Florida for the 2021 season

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    4 mins so far in the G League in one game, two straight DNPs

(Kenyon Martin Jr. averaging 17.3 and 10.7 through three games on the same team)
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 02-15-2021, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Was slected in the first round by Rio Grande Vipers (RGV). RGV is the G league affilate of the Houston Rockets. If he gets called up we'll all be Rockets fans again.

Speaking of Gary Clark, he did a lot of moving between Houston and RGV when he was with them on a 2 way contract.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Jarron selected #12 in the G League draft - maybe now he can get off his couch and stop criticizing Brannen on social media!

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by RedDog View Post
    I like what they are saying about selecting the best fit and not the most money. That's a tough call for someone in his position as money at this point is I'm sure important. I really think he's better off playing and developing overseas and hoping to catch on later. Money should be better too. Best of luck either way. We will be watching and hoping he can fine tune whatever suggestions he is getting.
    Not sure Jarron can go to Europe currently. COVID travel restrictions over there have US citizens fairly isolated right now. I think this is why Tre Scott is playing in Puerto Rico currently.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    Another thing to keep in mind, the NBA has agreed to increase roster sizes to 17 this year. That adds an additional 60 roster spots that previously didn't exist. Doesn't necessarily translate into minutes, but does equate to opportunities.

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I like what they are saying about selecting the best fit and not the most money. That's a tough call for someone in his position as money at this point is I'm sure important. I really think he's better off playing and developing overseas and hoping to catch on later. Money should be better too. Best of luck either way. We will be watching and hoping he can fine tune whatever suggestions he is getting.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Looks like he’s getting a Free agent deal. Should at least result in a G league contract .

https://www.wnewsj.com/top-stories/1...th-5-nba-teams

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by RedDog View Post
    I think a better comparison might be Sean Kilpatrick. He too had some limitations but managed to hang around for a few years and make a few bucks. So there's a chance with the absolute right situation.
    Nobody in the NBA is afraid to take a shot but its predicated on guys being able to go one on one and create their own shot. JC's size dictates he must play PG or SG and he just isn't quick enough nor does he have the handle to play PG and setting up others just isn't his strength. I personally don't think he shoots well enough nor can generate his own shot well enough to play the SG spot, which is loaded with super athletes at that level.
    Look, we all love our Bearcats, especially the guys that commit to staying 4 years and developing their game. Sometimes they morph into bigger than life characters and we have a tendency to over evaluate them as we look through Bearcat colored glasses. They often can be great college players but that has very little to do with their ability to be good NBA players. It can work in reverse also as we occasionally see guys who just don't get it in college but move on to decent pro careers. Its two distinctly different skill sets. There is nothing wrong with having a great college career but not making it in the league. As said many times there are good careers to be made overseas. I try to be as honest as I can be and always root for our guys but sometimes the answer is not what we want to hear.

Yes, it's all about honesty... and I always will root for a former Bearcat to do well... But I always try to deal in reality... Yes, Jarron has plenty going against him, but also has some strengths... As far as making it to the NBA and not being afraid to take a shot? Did u watch Jacob Evans last year? Not only looking and feeling out of place, he looked traumatized and always gave up the ball, even when wide open... I thought that pick by the Warriors was a reach, but I was thrilled Jacob was picked... I do believe if Cumberland somehow makes it, he might just prove everyone wrong... And I would disagree with you on creating a shot, Jarron was one of the few Bearcats over the last few decades who could actually manufacture a shot and get to the foul line when nothing appeared open... Regardless, if the NBA does not come calling... Jarron will definitely play overseas like other former Bearcats in the past.... Brannen, Hicks to name a few making and easy mid six figures for years to come.... You and I have been going back n forth for years on just how good Cumberland really is... and that's okay...

Leave a comment:

• RedDog
    replied
    I think a better comparison might be Sean Kilpatrick. He too had some limitations but managed to hang around for a few years and make a few bucks. So there's a chance with the absolute right situation.
    Nobody in the NBA is afraid to take a shot but its predicated on guys being able to go one on one and create their own shot. JC's size dictates he must play PG or SG and he just isn't quick enough nor does he have the handle to play PG and setting up others just isn't his strength. I personally don't think he shoots well enough nor can generate his own shot well enough to play the SG spot, which is loaded with super athletes at that level.
    Look, we all love our Bearcats, especially the guys that commit to staying 4 years and developing their game. Sometimes they morph into bigger than life characters and we have a tendency to over evaluate them as we look through Bearcat colored glasses. They often can be great college players but that has very little to do with their ability to be good NBA players. It can work in reverse also as we occasionally see guys who just don't get it in college but move on to decent pro careers. Its two distinctly different skill sets. There is nothing wrong with having a great college career but not making it in the league. As said many times there are good careers to be made overseas. I try to be as honest as I can be and always root for our guys but sometimes the answer is not what we want to hear.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    I understand his athleticism does not translate into a 1st or 2nd Player.... But, I believe if he is given the chance, he will be a better prospect than Clark or Evans.... Because he is a scorer, and while he might be slightly undersized, he is strong enough to overpower most guards, and hang with some of the power forwards in the league.... One thing Cumberland showed during his UC Career , he's not afraid to take a shot... and has a scorers mentality which is what the NBA looks for.... It will play out, and we will see....
    Last edited by BearKatz; 11-18-2020, 08:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X