Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedDog
    replied
    Exactly! Totally agree and have been saying the same thing for a long time. Nice college player but size and strengths don't transfer well to the NBA. I still say, Tre's length and motor are more appealing at the next level and he has an outside shot down the road, but I just don't see JC finding a role.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

That's absolutely ridiculous! The guy who wrote the article is obviously clueless... I guess between College / International Players, you will find a 100 who are more draft worthy?
    Based on the list I’m not sure I don’t agree with leaving him off. I know this was paywalled article so I don’t know if you’ve seen the whole thing, but you have to take the whole list into consideration. Precious Achiuwa is the #25 ranked player on the list for some context. This guy was supposed to be the highest rated draftee in the conference after James Wiseman ( #2).

Also take into consideration that the NBA often drafts on potential upside. There’s a difference between being a top 100 college player and a top 100 draft prospect. Jarron is definitely the former but his athleticism and game don’t translate that well to the NBA. He got better as a ball distributor last season but I don’t think he can play PG in the NBA. I also don’t think his bully ball style of driving to the rim would work in the league nearly as well as it did in college. I think despite his size and build he’d end up on the deck a lot.

Can he work himself into the NBA? I think that’s possible if he improves his ball handling skills. Personally I hope he proves this list wrong. I think he’s going to have to put some effort in and work for it. College ball was easy for him.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    The Athletic’s Sam Vecenie did his yearly NBA Draft rankings. It’s an 89 page breakdown of his Top 100 players. It also includes international prospects.

Jarron Cumberland is not listed. I didn’t think Jarron would get drafted but I was surprised to see him outside the top 100.

That's absolutely ridiculous! The guy who wrote the article is obviously clueless... I guess between College / International Players, you will find a 100 who are more draft worthy?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    The Athletic’s Sam Vecenie did his yearly NBA Draft rankings. It’s an 89 page breakdown of his Top 100 players. It also includes international prospects.

Jarron Cumberland is not listed. I didn’t think Jarron would get drafted but I was surprised to see him outside the top 100.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    It's funny, I've heard absolutely nothing on Jarron since the season ended. He went into radio silence for the most part on social media.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X