Mika Adams-Woods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    I know GB31 said that this was unexpected and perhaps it was but if MAW wasn't disgruntled and wasn't told that his pt. was going to be diminished. If CWM was counting on him to be a mentor to JJ and DT and utilizing his experience going into the B12 then I see no reason for MAW to transfer even if the rumor about more NIL is true. Not when this transition year could be the most important of his career if a pro path is his goal. I do wish MAW huge success wherever he goes and He did represent UC very well. But I'm still convinced that this coaching staff will have something to announce and not go into the B12 with two point guards having just one year above high school between them "generaling" the team.
    Agreed as this is a BIG BIG BIG year for CWM. This is his third year and UC didn't join the BIG12 to be a BIG embarrassment on the BIG stage.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
      Chad also hinting that MAW is receiving significant NIL from a southern school.
      There's more than one. :whistles:
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Flory time?
        It sure seems like they are keeping a spot open. They had nolley leave, then davenport right before a signing. Then Hensley right before a signing.

Comment

There's more than one. :whistles:
          Well good for him. I hope that He gets all he can. I would never begrudge a man for getting all that he feels he is worth. As I said earlier I wish him all the success. My concern was his entering the portal so suddenly and it being the last week the portal being open. Makes me wonder what's going on internally, plus with multiple offers with NIL money already in place suggests that negotiations have been ongoing prior to his entering the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

Well good for him. I hope that He gets all he can. I would never begrudge a man for getting all that he feels he is worth. As I said earlier I wish him all the success. My concern was his entering the portal so suddenly and it being the last week the portal being open. Makes me wonder what's going on internally, plus with multiple offers with NIL money already in place suggests that negotiations have been ongoing prior to his entering the portal.
            It does at that. Appears to be more than meets the eye.

Comment

I think maximizing the ebb and flow of the transfer portal is a work in progress for all teams, but I hate to see it coming down to money. I'm not sure anyone but the usual blue bloods can compete. On the other hand there seems to be a massive upgrade in basketball talent over the last several years.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                I think maximizing the ebb and flow of the transfer portal is a work in progress for all teams, but I hate to see it coming down to money. I'm not sure anyone but the usual blue bloods can compete. On the other hand there seems to be a massive upgrade in basketball talent over the last several years.
                Hunter Dickinson's transfer to Kansas from Michigan was due to his getting less than 6 figures at UM plus the chance to win the Natty doesn't hurt.

Comment

MAW to St Bonaventure https://twitter.com/tiptonedits/stat...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-14-2023, 11:58 AM.

Comment

You’d think at first that this makes no sense at all until you remember he’s from the area and his childhood friend that he tried to recruit to UC, Charles Pride, just transferred there.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

You’d think at first that this makes no sense at all until you remember he’s from the area and his childhood friend that he tried to recruit to UC, Charles Pride, just transferred there.
                      so much for the southern schools with huge NIL. Still might be NIL money. Maybe he wanted to go where he could still play X.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                        I disagree with the blue bloods idea. All it takes is 2-3 good players and 1-2 great players to win. Look at MSU's 1979 championship with Magic Johnson. So, any school that has a few wealthy alumni, could buy themselves a pretty good team. Look at this year's final 4.

I think that the power structure in college basketball will change dramatically over the next few years. All they have to do is buy themselves a team (think of the Fab 5).

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

so much for the southern schools with huge NIL. Still might be NIL money. Maybe he wanted to go where he could still play X.
                          The Bonnies & Muskies don't regularly play. SBU are in the A10 & XU are in the BE.

Comment

Congrats to MAW! Glad to see him extend his career some place that has a tradition themselves.

Comment

Smart move for MAW. He's going somewhere where he'll likely play big minutes and won't be overwhelmed by high major athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

A couple things here:

1. What some schools promise in NIL to players and what players actually get are entirely different things. Some schools coached by certain people in the profession are not only BS’ng kids but it looks like in one case, they did it on purpose just to get players, including MAW, into the portal. Tampering is one thing but this is bordering on fraud. There will be sooooo many player vs. collective and school vs school lawsuits if the NCAA doesn’t get a handle on this NIL **** really soon.

2. I’m still trying to make things jive with stuff posted elsewhere on MAW and that particular school vs. what I was told leading up to his commitment today because those two things and the schools involved do not add up.

Considering the coach involved with #1, I won’t be shocked if it’s true. Terrible human being IMO.

Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X