Ill bring it up Cronin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joco45215 View Post

AAU changed things, it became bigger than the high school game....... Mick was really good at finding talent during this time.....he found the guys the were under the radar....what hurt Mick was when the recruiting went heavy on the internet....no as much under the radar recruits with the net blowing everyone up hype wise.......now the NIL is changing things again.......
    Your internet comment is spot on. I'd go so far as to say that the Social Media portion of that, specifically Twitter, has made it really, really hard to keep things quiet in recruiting. I say that as someone who benefits from it not being quiet. Sometime I wonder if we'd be better off as a program if it went back to incognito mode.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Speaking of Mick ... not a good look https://burnerball.com/off-the-burner-1-4-24/

Comment

I have always thought that Los Angeles would not be a good fit for Cronin. Los Angeles just does not appear to be his style.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
          I have always thought that Los Angeles would not be a good fit for Cronin.
          Los Angeles just does not appear to be his style

The hard nose style is not a LA staple, just not a natural combination
          L

Comment

I have always thought that Los Angeles would not be a good fit for Cronin. Los Angeles just does not appear to be his style.
            John Wooden was pretty successful and I'd say his style was much more hard-nosed than Cronin; however, I'd also say that Wooden probably fostered an environment of trust in the program where players and staff worked hard together. I'm sure Wooden yelled some too. Rather than say LA is not Mick's style, I'd say the times have changed and players don't respond well to Mick's style in general.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I wonder if he like earthquakes. They just had a 4.1 in LA
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Joco45215 View Post

The hard nose style is not a LA staple, just not a natural combination
                There aren’t many places where they like playing games scoring in the 50’s or 60’s. You may get in the tournament every year, but at some point you’ll face a team with multiple shooters and have to outscore them, and get bounced out every year.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

i think that cronin was set on leaving uc, come **** or high water. he was, what, the 7th or 8th guy that ucla talked to / offered the job to. mick came off, to me, as just desparate to leave uc. ucls was more a means to an end.
                  I wonder if UCLA knew about the Big Ten and hired a coach with Midwest recruiting ties.

Comment

Bruins lose 66-57 at home to a bad Cal team. The wheels are really starting to fall off in Westwood.

Comment

Wow! What a bad loss for Cronin.

Comment

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post
                        Bruins lose 66-57 at home to a bad Cal team. The wheels are really starting to fall off in Westwood.
                        Cronin skipped the postgame presser and the media tore him a new one this morning.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/...responsibility
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Not that anybody is doing it, but I don't find pleasure in Croin's situation. He is a local kid and he gave his all for the Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                            Not that anybody is doing it, but I don't find pleasure in Croin's situation. He is a local kid and he gave his all for the Cats.
                            Seems like a good portion of our fan base has a whole issue with Schadenfreude towards past coaches that leave on their own. It's a bit weird. With the bad coaches I can understand it a bit but Cronin was mostly successful at UC. Same with Kelly and Fickell in football.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Cronin skipped the postgame presser and the media tore him a new one this morning.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/...responsibility
                              I really do not care for the author. He seemed to have insulted Cincinnati fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Seems like a good portion of our fan base has a whole issue with Schadenfreude towards past coaches that leave on their own. It's a bit weird. With the bad coaches I can understand it a bit but Cronin was mostly successful at UC. Same with Kelly and Fickell in football.
                                I didn't care for the way Kelly left before the biggest game in UC's history. CLF stayed and it may have cost him the ND job. Then again, there is a seat in Columbus that is on fire and the deep pockets like alums. I took my shots at Mick's coaching, but it was for love of the program and not about Mick. I remember talking to him after the disastrous road loss to Seton Hall. I spoke to George Jackson and Hep too about no defense. It is like family with Mick. We can disagree and get hot, but don't let anybody do it. I didn't like the Senator though.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X