X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoBearcats31
    started a topic Rayvon Griffith 2023 OH SG 6'7 commit

Rayvon Griffith 2023 OH SG 6'7 commit

Rayvon is a Top 50 recruit attending Taft HS in Cincinnati.

Today (Jan. 17), he went for 28 and 7 rebounds at the Flyin to the Hoop event up in Dayton https://twitter.com/FlyinToTheHoop/s...035650/photo/1 (box). I believe UC staff was on hand.

He recently (Jan. 1) announced a top 10 of Cincinnati, OSU, Kansas, UCLA, Alabama, Penn State, Louisville, Oklahoma State, Arizona State and South Carolina. https://www.on3.com/news/4-star-sg-r...op-10-schools/

Rayvon Griffith was born and raised in Cincinnati and it’s been home his entire life, so you might imagine the Bearcats have made him a priority recruit.

“It’s a great program,” Griffith said. “They’ve been riding me real hard, people in the city and stuff because I’m from Cincinnati. And you know, I’m like a top-level kid so they definitely want to do everything they can to try to keep me in the city.”

With that being said, does Griffith feel any pressure to stay home and attend Cincy? “I don’t think there is any pressure,” Griffith responded. “Whatever decision I end up making, I think my family, friends, and people in the city will respect my decision.”

Cincinnati’s coaching staff had a complete change once Wes Miller was hired as head coach in April of 2021. Obviously, the staff is new to Griffith as well. So, what’s their relationship like now that they’ve gotten to know each other over the last several months? “It’s great,” Griffith said. “They came in and told me I was the one. Ever since then, they’ve been recruiting me hard just trying to build a relationship.”
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-16-2022, 10:32 AM.

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Final Rankings:
    #58 247
    #82 Rivals
    #105 On3

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Once you get past 25 or so, you can throw the names in a hat and rank them however you want.

Leave a comment:

• BearKatz
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

#58 in the final 247 rankings

Wow! Rayvon moved up 24 spots from his previous ranking.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    #82 in the final Rivals 2023 rankings

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2023
    #58 in the final 247 rankings

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    #82 in the final Rivals 2023 rankings

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2023

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    https://twitter.com/griffithrayvon/s...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

You saw what I saw too.
    Griffith must have been doing something right on defense. I saw the whole game and the opponents he was assigned to weren't the ones scoring.

The kids in that tourney are just that: kids. They've received good coaching for that level, but not to the extent that they will at UC or any other top D1 school.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by SawyerHall68 View Post

I agree with you from the standpoint of his effort being intense all the time; however, he overreacts, often losing his man. That can be corrected through good coaching. Effort was there for sure all the time.
    You saw what I saw too.

Leave a comment:

• SawyerHall68
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Again, I thought he defended really well.
    I agree with you from the standpoint of his effort being intense all the time; however, he overreacts, often losing his man. That can be corrected through good coaching. Effort was there for sure all the time.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Again, I thought he defended really well.

Leave a comment:

• SawyerHall68
    replied
    Griffith's play reminded me of Davenport. An affinity to shoot the three and drives to the basket and weak on defense.
    Last edited by SawyerHall68; 04-02-2023, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I thought his defense looked pretty good, he certainly has the length.
    Yes, he reminds me of Skillings.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I am no expert, but from what I saw he needs work on his defense. But, the talent is there to be an immediate help.
    I thought his defense looked pretty good, he certainly has the length.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
    Griffith was quiet in the first half, with one basket on a fast break. The second half was 180 degrees from that, as he knocked in 10, including two treys.

He's long and quick, with a good first step. AZ Compass Prep utilized him at the top of their press.
    I am no expert, but from what I saw he needs work on his defense. But, the talent is there to be an immediate help.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X