2022 Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Per Jake Weingarten, initial teams that have reached out to Saunders include: BYU, Miami, UNLV, Utah, Wichita State, Santa Clara, Iona, Grand Canyon, Nevada, Cal, Wyoming, Duquesne, Tulsa, Winthrop ... sounds about right
    Miami is still playing...so not all bad.
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

Miami is still playing...so not all bad.
      The U or Miami-OH reached out?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        ^^ 4 minutes per game? What was the reason? Only 15 games? Was he injured? However, if he was only getting 4 minutes per game, I understand why he would transfer.
        This is the problem with the portal. If you come in as a highly rated freshman and don't immediately get minutes, you hit the portal and try again. Makes filling recruiting classes or any continuity almost impossible in basketball.

That said I don't think the problem here is EVDH. He was not the only one to leave the program and Kermit Davis has caused some eyes to roll with some of the things he's said the past couple of years.
        Last edited by Lobot; 03-23-2022, 09:31 AM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I would add re: EVDH above that lots of tall players are raw and may have decent rankings but are still about potential. Many don't develop, whereas there are plenty of 3-star/low 4-star guards who end up solid players because they were already very good just not ranked all that highly for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

The U or Miami-OH reached out?
            The "U"--confirmed.
            Cory Huffman
            Cin City

Comment

Evidently Miami is also interviewing Travis Steele for their vacant hc job as well.

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/basket...yon-185040221/

Saunders:

“The process has been hectic,” he said. “The one thing that's surprising is the names of the schools that have hit me. I didn't really expect some of them to come calling but that's just attributed to my hard work and what I showed this past year. Returning is not what I want to do, I'm looking for something different, a different opportunity.”

“I'm looking for more time and a bigger opportunity,” he continued. “I want to feel like a team needs me to win. I want to be out there and be able to maximize my full potential and be the player I know I can be with a bigger role.”

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/basket...yon-185040221/

Saunders:

“The process has been hectic,” he said. “The one thing that's surprising is the names of the schools that have hit me. I didn't really expect some of them to come calling but that's just attributed to my hard work and what I showed this past year. Returning is not what I want to do, I'm looking for something different, a different opportunity.”

“I'm looking for more time and a bigger opportunity,” he continued. “I want to feel like a team needs me to win. I want to be out there and be able to maximize my full potential and be the player I know I can be with a bigger role.”
                  He wants to play more.

Comment

So.. wants to skip a bunch of steps and go directly to "being the man". I do wish him well but... this does make me think about comments on this board talking about JC guys that come in with a chip willing to scratch and fight for absolutely everything.

Comment

Alabama transfer and former four-star recruit Alex Tchikou has been in contact with Florida State, Xavier, USC, Washington, Arizona State, Georgetown, Wake Forest, Cincinnati, Cal, Ole Miss, Memphis, UCSB, Tennessee State, Georgia Tech and others, source told @247SportsPortal

6'11, played 5 mins this year after missing his true freshman season with a lower body injury.
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-23-2022, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Former 5-star recruit and current Indiana guard Khristian Lander into the transfer portal. Had trouble adjusting last year as a reclassified freshman (should've been a HS senior) and this year was not in the rotation and barely saw playing time down the stretch.

Comment

https://twitter.com/portal_updates/s...55465874804738
                          First team All-Ivy league guard Jaelin Llewellyn just put his name into the transfer portal. This past season Llewellyn averaged 15.8 ppg, 4.1 rebounds, and 2.6 assists shooting 45% from the field, and 40% from 3. Former top 100 recruit in the class of 2018.

https://twitter.com/portal_updates/s...35501831290881
                          Jaelin Llewellyn has heard from: Alabama, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Minnesota, DePaul, Northwestern, Creighton, WKU, Clemson, Cal, WVU, Butler, OSU, UNLV, Georgetown, George Mason, SMU, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, PC, Texas A&M, and Miami

I believe Jaelin was a former Cronin recruit at UC

Has at least one year of eligibility

6'2 guard from Canada
                          https://www.si.com/college/cincinnat...elin-llewellyn

Comment

The transfer portal and NIL is killing the college game for me. Gone are the days when a guy stays for 4-5 years. Could be, UC fans haven't had a team worth watching since the Mick days. Sad times. I can't keep up with the comings and goings and losing interest. My kids couldn't care less about basketball. Football rules now (and possibly for a long time to come) - sad days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat1996 View Post
                              The transfer portal and NIL is killing the college game for me. Gone are the days when a guy stays for 4-5 years. Could be, UC fans haven't had a team worth watching since the Mick days. Sad times. I can't keep up with the comings and goings and losing interest. My kids couldn't care less about basketball. Football rules now (and possibly for a long time to come) - sad days.
                              My concern is that when the courts are done, every player will be a free agent every year, with big deals announced publicly just like in pro sports, but with TV networks and shoe companies deciding where kids will play.

Comment

Via @recruitszone:

Trevon Brazile tells me that he has heard from the following schools since entering the transfer portal: Kentucky, Arkansas, Illinois, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Cincy, & more. Freshman (F) from Missouri. Former three-star prospect. Averaged 6.6 PPG & 5.1 RPG this season.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X