2022 Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Per Jake Weingarten, initial teams that have reached out to Saunders include: BYU, Miami, UNLV, Utah, Wichita State, Santa Clara, Iona, Grand Canyon, Nevada, Cal, Wyoming, Duquesne, Tulsa, Winthrop ... sounds about right
    The newest list of schools to reach out to Cincinnati transfer Mike Saunders Jr., include: VCU, UMass, Nevada, UCF, Wichita State, and several others, sources told @Stockrisers.

Also continues to hear from UNLV, Utah, Loyola Marymount, and many others.

Comment

• Lobot once compared Saunders to Justin Jennifer. In such that when JJ first got here, he played at 110-percent speed and he was fast. He didn't get his game going though until he learned to slow down and let the game come to him. Saunders needs to do the same thing. I hope that he learns to slow his game down and that he finds a good landing spot. Best of luck to him.
      Last edited by bearcatbret; 03-26-2022, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        Lobot once compared Saunders to Justin Jennifer. In such that when JJ first got here, he played at 110-percent speed and he was fast. He didn't get his game going though until he learned to slow down and let the game come to him. Saunders needs to do the same thing. I hope that he learns to slow his game down and that he finds a good landing spot. Best of luck to him.
        I agree with the comparison regarding speed but MS couldn't hold a candle to JJ in the shooting department. JJ was a MUCH better shooter with unlimited range. Hopefully Mikes shot will continue to improve at his next stop.

Comment

• This whole portal thing is really proving very frustrating. Average talent guys are in huge demand and everyone is chasing them. High level talent is almost non existent and the ones that are don't seem to be looking our way. Its still early and I hope this plays out for us but our objective is not just to grab bodies that we are committed to for a couple years. I know the staff understands this I fear replacing the guys who are leaving with similar players.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post
            This whole portal thing is really proving very frustrating. Average talent guys are in huge demand and everyone is chasing them. High level talent is almost non existent and the ones that are don't seem to be looking our way. Its still early and I hope this plays out for us but our objective is not just to grab bodies that we are committed to for a couple years. I know the staff understands this I fear replacing the guys who are leaving with similar players.
            I would like to see a grad transfer or two, to bridge the gap until a recruiting pipeline is established. If we can get a Kyle Washington type of player I’d definitely commit to multiple years.
            Last edited by longtimefan; 03-26-2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post
              This whole portal thing is really proving very frustrating. Average talent guys are in huge demand and everyone is chasing them. High level talent is almost non existent and the ones that are don't seem to be looking our way. Its still early and I hope this plays out for us but our objective is not just to grab bodies that we are committed to for a couple years. I know the staff understands this I fear replacing the guys who are leaving with similar players.
              I'm feeling the same way. If we just trade the mediocre players we've lost for other similar ones to fill open slots we make no progress. I'm not saying that is what is going to happen since we've not landed anybody yet. What Miller is able to do in filling out the roster will tell us a lot about his ability to recruit going forward. I'd like to think with the jump he's had on the process this year he can work some magic. We need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I would like to see a grad transfer or two, to bridge the gap until a recruiting pipeline is established. If we can get a Kyle Washington type of player I’d definitely commit to multiple years.

The problem with all that is in keeping the recruits for two / three years. Recruits today see greener pastures and like was said earlier everyone's playing musical chairs with similiar players. That's the way things are progressing as I see it.

Comment

• @hoopscoopmedia:

Cincinnati transfer AJ McGinnis (@TheAJM2) tells us he has heard from Belmont, Drake, Boise State, Texas State, Furman, Wofford, UNCG, Jacksonville State, Arkansas State, Southern Miss, SIU, Lipscomb, NC Central, Elon, Radford, UTSA and others since entering the portal.

Comment

• @insideportal;

Old Dominion transfer Kalu Ezikpe tells us he’s heard from LSU, Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, Georgia Tech and others since entering the transfer portal. Averaged 11, 7, 2 in his junior year

Comment

@hoopscoopmedia:

Cincinnati transfer AJ McGinnis (@TheAJM2) tells us he has heard from Belmont, Drake, Boise State, Texas State, Furman, Wofford, UNCG, Jacksonville State, Arkansas State, Southern Miss, SIU, Lipscomb, NC Central, Elon, Radford, UTSA and others since entering the portal.
                      Honestly, this is closer to the level he should be competing at. Hopefully he can find the right spot and be a significant contributor.

Comment

@insideportal;

Old Dominion transfer Kalu Ezikpe tells us he’s heard from LSU, Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, Georgia Tech and others since entering the transfer portal. Averaged 11, 7, 2 in his junior year
                        Ezikpe was a 3* talent per 247sports.com (#403 nationally; #19 in GA), with a lot of mid-major offers. Included were to UNCG in 2017, where he took an official visit before his senior year of HS.

Comment

• Sparks or the guy from Nevada Warren Washington would be my first target for a big kid. Sparks has more eligibility so I'd take him first if we were in the running. As always, big kids are tough to hunt in the portal. The coaching turnover so far hasn't been huge so not a lot of hs kids are opening up. Time will tell, but we will have some new front court guys, and definitely another pg. Availability which sometimes you cannot control is going to in large part dictate who we can land.

Comment

• Samuel Williamson is in the portal from U of L . Former McDAA but hasn't put up much in numbers during college. 6'7 PF. Has one year plus a Covid year if he wants to use it.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Warren Washington might be headed to Rutgers. Avergaged 10.5 and 6'6 with 1.2 blocks.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• VerbalCommits.com is claiming there are 820 players in the portal currently.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X