2022 Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    VMI center Jake Stephens plans to enter the transfer portal, he told ESPN. Will be a graduate transfer. First-team All-SoCon selection. 19.6 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.3 APG — 6-foot-11 and shoots 49% from 3. Will be a highly sought-after transfer.

Same conference as UNCG
    Same conference as Hayden Koval too.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

In the two UNCG/VMI meetings in 2020-21, Koval had a combined 8 points and 10 rebounds, while Stephens combined for 32 points and 14 rebounds (and 10 assists).

Comment

So, now we judge all players in that conference by what Koval did? You do realize the short amount of time Miller had to assemble a team, right?

Comment

• Andrew Slater:
          Since last night,
          LSU
          Ole Miss
          Miami
          Georgetown
          West Virginia
          St. Mary’s
          Pittsburgh
          Penn State
          Maryland
          Ohio State
          Cincinnati
          Iowa St.
          Wichita St.
          Washington
          have reached out to 6’11” Oregon transfer Franck Kepnang
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-05-2022, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Remember that Koval was a freshman at UNCG so comparing his numbers to an upper classman is unfair to Koval.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              Remember that Koval was a freshman at UNCG so comparing his numbers to an upper classman is unfair to Koval.
              You might be thinking of Hensley. Koval was a senior (fourth year) in 20-21, compared to Stephens of VMI who was a junior

Comment

• ^Thanks for the correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

In the two UNCG/VMI meetings in 2020-21, Koval had a combined 8 points and 10 rebounds, while Stephens combined for 32 points and 14 rebounds (and 10 assists).
                  well that sure doesn't say much for Koval, but you can't say it says much for Stephens either. How did he do against mid or high majors or perhaps BIG 12 competition.
                  Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-05-2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

So, now we judge all players in that conference by what Koval did? You do realize the short amount of time Miller had to assemble a team, right?
                    short time with Miller wasn't the subject. Koval was and that he played in the same conference as Stephens. I really wasn't impressed. Good guy though. I hope we all realize the BIG 12 will be the competition and that is a big jump especially Kansas.
                    Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-05-2022, 07:28 PM.

Comment

well that sure doesn't say much for Koval, but you can't say it says much for Stephens either. How did he do against mid or high majors or perhaps BIG 12 competition.
                      Only high major competition was Wake Forest. 12 points 10 rebounds

Comment

short time with Miller wasn't the subject. Koval was and that he played in the same conference as Stephens. I really wasn't impressed. Good guy though. I hope we all realize the BIG 12 will be the competition and that is a big jump especially Kansas.
                        Yes, Koval was the topic. And you WERE comparing just because they played in the same conference. I'm sure nobody understands the the Big 12 will be stiffer competution better than Miller.

Comment

Yes, Koval was the topic. And you WERE comparing just because they played in the same conference. I'm sure nobody understands the the Big 12 will be stiffer competution better than Miller.
                          Well, Stephens weight listed as 266, Koval 225. If Stephens can move at that size I’m all in.

Comment

• @QuinnBurkitt: Iowa transfer guard Joe Toussaint will take a visit to Morgantown to meet with Bob Huggins and the men’s basketball team this weekend. The defensive minded player also is looking at Xavier, Maryland and Cincinnati.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Well, Stephens weight listed as 266, Koval 225. If Stephens can move at that size I’m all in.
                              I agree. I wonder if we are pursuing him.

Comment

I was basically saying be cautious of any from that conference. Miller has had time as many mention he has not before. UC is going to have to pick it up. I don't think many fans will have the patience if they get to the BIG 12 and is pushed around. Miller has some good selling points now. He has assistants who have seen players throughout the country and a year to gather info. The Cats have to really it it big on at least one very good player and in reality a few more. Something tells me that we are going to be in Kansas some more.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X