No announcement yet.

2022 Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDK, I expect to see activity increase now that the tournament is over. If two weeks from now we’re not closer on some guys I’ll be surprised. New transfer commits have been going slow this year nationally, but that’s about to change too.

Comment

• This is geared towards football but still applies to basketball. Transfer Portal Will Get Bigger, However: 22 Thoughts For 2022, No. 17 (collegefootballnews.com)

Comment

• Chris Dortch on Twitter:

”It's important to note that starting this year, the NCAA deadline for transferring with immediate eligibility is May 1, not July 1 as it was last year. The next three weeks are going to be crazy, but that May 1 date is a huge help for coaches trying to finalize their rosters.”

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Ezikpe is touring UC today. He's apparently the first portal entrant to do so.
          Ezikpe is still in town and watched practice today.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I know the staff is working their tails off trying to fill our holes but if this is truly the first guy we could even get a visit from, that is very concerning. We are mentioned with just about everybody as being in contact but don't seem to be getting serious consideration from most. I hope that's not accurate and I realize its a very difficult juggling act but at some time you have to close off the list of candidates and close the deal with someone. We don't want to settle and just trade bodies comparable in talent to what we lost, but clearly we are struggling to appeal to the guys we want. The silence has been defening and I am not sure what other conclusions to draw.
            Im thinking that its very slow in the decision process for many of these guys because of the tournament just now finished. The portal is full of recruits who just haven't made moves yet. With that being said If we dont see some decisions within a few days give or take then I would begin to be concerned
            Last edited by Rufus; 04-08-2022, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
              A name to keep an eye on... Cam Hayes... leaving NC State.. in the portal. From Greensboro. Point Guard
              Committed to LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                UC has contacted Ali Ali from Akron https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...14447279656964
                Committed to Butler

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                  IDK, I expect to see activity increase now that the tournament is over. If two weeks from now we’re not closer on some guys I’ll be surprised. New transfer commits have been going slow this year nationally, but that’s about to change too.
                  Two weeks from now it will all be over.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Ezikpe is still in town and watched practice today.
                    I think this guy could help us but it looks like he visited and didn't commit. Never a good sign if they get out of town. Everything I am reading indicates a Pitt lean. Lets hope not.

Comment

• The suspense of all this is nerve racking! Lol

Comment

With UC probably looking for a PG, wonder if they'll contact this guy.

Charlotte guard Jahmir Young has entered the transfer portal, source told ESPN. First-team All-Conference USA selection this season, 6-foot-1 guard averaged 19.6 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.7 assists.
                        Good call by me :-)

ROTHSTEIN:
                        Charlotte transfer Jahmir Young is focused on the NBA Draft process, but is receiving interest from the following programs:
                        Cincinnati
                        Wake Forest
                        Kansas
                        Maryland
                        UConn
                        Kansas State
                        Gonzaga

Comment

• @portal_updates:
                          Morehead State transfer Ta'Lon Cooper tells me he has heard from: USC Xavier Cincinnati Georgetown Iowa State Wichita State Wake Forest South Carolina Charlotte Vanderbilt San Francisco Northwestern San Diego UNCG Indiana State Missouri State Portland And others

@jakelieberman2:
                          North Texas transfer Mardrez McBride (@MMardrez) tells me that he’s heard from Georgia, Mississippi State, Cincinnati, Penn State, Oregon State, SMU, Buffalo, and Nevada. McBride averaged 11.3 points and 3.0 rebounds.

Comment

• Dashawn Davis to Miss St.
                            Xavier Pinson narrows to Miss St & Xavier.
                            Dont know of chronology of Pinson’s list so with
                            Davis to Miss St, he may wind up @ X.

Comment

VMI center Jake Stephens plans to enter the transfer portal, he told ESPN. Will be a graduate transfer. First-team All-SoCon selection. 19.6 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.3 APG — 6-foot-11 and shoots 49% from 3. Will be a highly sought-after transfer.

Same conference as UNCG
                              Stephens is headed to.... Chattanooga

Comment

• [QUOTE=
                                Xavier Pinson narrows to Miss St & Xavier.
                                may wind up @ X.[/QUOTE]

well of course he would with Sean back at the helm!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X