No announcement yet.

2022 Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State’s Morris Udeze is opting to enter the transfer portal, he told @Stockrisers. Averaged 10.2 points, 6.2 rebounds, and a block per game. Enticing big man prospect with size in the portal.

Wichita State’s Dexter Dennis is going to enter the transfer portal, he told @Stockrisers. One of the best defenders in the nation. Averaged 8.4 points, and 5.0 rebounds, 1.6 assists.

Also, senior 6'8/240 big man Brandon Johns from Michigan hits the portal. Stats not too eye-popping, but perhaps could play more of a key role in AAC. I mention b/c the former top 100 recruit was in the same recruiting class as David DeJulius/played together a couple seasons up north. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...andon-johns-jr
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-06-2022, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Mitchell brothers from URI are off the board to Arkansas
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Mitchell brothers from URI are off the board to Arkansas
        Arkansas is the new Iowa State for transfers.

Might see them in Maui. Tough to make room for 2 guys, but I guess Muss Bus had room.

Comment

• This is a bit off-topic, but relevant to the anxious comments that everyone has had with trying to ascertain UC-related portal news. Unfortunately, we need to keep Chad Brendel and his family in our prayers. He received very bad news concerning his wife's health. Chad usually is one of the first to get solid information on recruits, but that is secondary now.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
            This is a bit off-topic, but relevant to the anxious comments that everyone has had with trying to ascertain UC-related portal news. Unfortunately, we need to keep Chad Brendel and his family in our prayers. He received very bad news concerning his wife's health. Chad usually is one of the first to get solid information on recruits, but that is secondary now.
            I saw it too, I can’t imagine how hard this must be, she’s been fighting the fight for a long time. Just hope everything turns out OK for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Old Dominion transfer Kalu Ezikpe is down to six programs, per his instagram

LSU
              Cincinnati
              Western Kentucky
              Georgia
              Georgia Tech
              Pittsburgh
              Will be visiting UC, per Chad Brendel on the newest BCJ podcast. Added they clearly like this kid (if he's coming to to visit), but he doesn't have a great read on the recruitment.

Bonus - it looks like he cooks. Filling the void on last year's team after Dou left. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sxHzbCNzAI

Seems like an impressive person https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcaNK2qa-Ro
              Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-07-2022, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• With UC probably looking for a PG, wonder if they'll contact this guy.

Charlotte guard Jahmir Young has entered the transfer portal, source told ESPN. First-team All-Conference USA selection this season, 6-foot-1 guard averaged 19.6 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.7 assists.

Comment

• Zach Braziller of the NY Post: Niagara transfer and Queens native Marcus Hammond has been popular in portal. Seton Hall, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, Rutgers, Georgetown, Cincinnati, and many more among those interested, per source.

The 6'3 senior averaged 18.1 ppg this year https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...marcus-hammond

A friend mine who is connected with Niagara sees him as a thin "microwave"-type guy off the bench.
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-07-2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Microwave? I hope that you are referring to Vinnie Johnson of the Piston fame.

Comment

• Adam Zagoria:

Schools that have reached out to transferring Louisville G @_NoahLocke:

6-foot-3 Sr. Averaged 9.6 ppg and 2.3 rpg

Providence Maryland Pitt Miss St UMass ECU Drexel Cincinnati Tennessee Wake Forest Oklahoma Gonzaga FGU

Comment

• Dwon Odom (Xavier) just followed Jonas Hayes to GA St.
                        Last edited by Lobot; 04-07-2022, 03:19 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          Old Dominion transfer Kalu Ezikpe is down to six programs, per his instagram

LSU
                          Cincinnati
                          Western Kentucky
                          Georgia
                          Georgia Tech
                          Pittsburgh
                          Ezikpe is touring UC today. He's apparently the first portal entrant to do so.

Comment

hope there is some NIL in the pitch.

Comment

I know the staff is working their tails off trying to fill our holes but if this is truly the first guy we could even get a visit from, that is very concerning. We are mentioned with just about everybody as being in contact but don't seem to be getting serious consideration from most. I hope that's not accurate and I realize its a very difficult juggling act but at some time you have to close off the list of candidates and close the deal with someone. We don't want to settle and just trade bodies comparable in talent to what we lost, but clearly we are struggling to appeal to the guys we want. The silence has been defening and I am not sure what other conclusions to draw.

Comment

• I would not worry too much about information. UC is going to be tight lipped until they sign someone. As for comparable talent, as long as it is an upgrade in attitude, teachable, and coachable.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X