2022 Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Sam McNeil, a senior guard at West Virginia (12.2 ppg) and Union, KY native into the portal. Not sure he makes sense at UC if he's looking to start, but worth a look at a local. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...06/sean-mcneil
    Rothstein says Sean McNeil (sorry, I wrote Sam) is down to Ohio State, Virginia, Louisville, Cincinnati, Indiana and Texas Tech.

No insight but this just feels like OSU to me. Maybe Louisville.

Comment

@QuinnBurkitt: Iowa transfer guard Joe Toussaint will take a visit to Morgantown to meet with Bob Huggins and the men’s basketball team this weekend. The defensive minded player also is looking at Xavier, Maryland and Cincinnati.
      Committed to West Virginia
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-11-2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Per @TiptonEdits, Brandon Murray (LSU) will choose between Tennessee, Georgetown, and Illinois.

... and he's headed to Georgetown. Just as we all were told from the beginning.
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-11-2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          SF Eric Van Der Heidjen is in the portal. We were after him and lost him to Louisville. He ended up at Ole Miss after UofL violated things.
          UNC Wilmington

Comment

• I know many of you will disagree with me and plea for patience, but mine is gone and it sure looks like we are getting our butts kicked in recruiting. The pickings is getting smaller and the cream is about gone. If it becomes a case of grabbing bodies I am gonna lose my mind. Somebody share some info to dispute this PLEASE.

Comment

• Kendric Davis (19.4 ppg) of SMU has entered the portal. One year left. 5'11 guard.

I'll let someone else tackle RedDog 's concerns, but note that on the subject of the "pickings...getting smaller and the "cream" being nearly "gone" ... Kendric Davis may be the best name yet to hit the portal and came in since your post. Plenty of talent is and will still be available. Whether or not UC with one year (hopefully) left in the AAC can grab someone truly high quality, we'll see. But it is what it is.
              Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-11-2022, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                I know many of you will disagree with me and plea for patience, but mine is gone and it sure looks like we are getting our butts kicked in recruiting. The pickings is getting smaller and the cream is about gone. If it becomes a case of grabbing bodies I am gonna lose my mind. Somebody share some info to dispute this PLEASE.
                Yesterday I read an article about schools and the NIL. It is big time money. You can't tell me that isn't a deal maker even in the name schools. Sure many want a championship and big time exposure, but $$$$$ still talks and it is legal now. The injured player for tOSU said he was coming back, but not sure to the Buckeyes. That day their NIL foundation said they will try to keep second round picks another year, He came back that day. Guys it is here and while the draw of the BIG12 is good, right now so is money to a young person.

Comment

• Nahiem Alleyene, a 6'4 SG from Georgia averaging 9.7 ppg in three years at Virginia Tech, is entering the portal. I'd imagine Chad Dollar is familiar with him.

Comment

Rob Phinisee tells Jon Rothstein that Cincinnati, Purdue, OSU, Iowa, UNLV, Bradley, Cal have shown interest

I'd personally add that if you are frustrated by Mika Adams-Woods, Phinisee won't make you feel very good. Though maybe stepping down a level may help him.
                    Rob Phinisee from IU is down to Butler and UC. I'd lean Butler because Thad Matta was employed by Indiana this past season. https://twitter.com/robphinisee1/sta...46625017888776

Has one year left. Could start at PG.
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-12-2022, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Meechie Johnson, a former low 4-star recruit who was potentially going to start at PG for OSU next year as a sophomore, has gone portaling. From Cleveland.

Comment

• Mason Madsen to Boston College.

I did not see either Madsen transferring to a major league, not that Utah or BC are very good right now. https://twitter.com/masmadsen/status...85571957481480

Comment

• Not that UC was in the mix, but Jaelin Lewellyn to Clemson

Comment

Travis Branham (247):

Kentucky transfer Dontaie Allen has heard from Xavier, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, WKU, Cincinnati, Louisville, Virginia, Northern Kentucky, Furman and Tennessee State amongst others
                            Headed to Western Kentucky

Comment

• Louisville transfer Samuel Williamson to SMU. Was a 5-star recruit but didn't perform that well for the Cards.

Comment

• Saw that AJ McGinnis recently visited SIU-Edwardsville. Perhaps we can remember that when we talk about upgrading the roster next year (noting also that Utah and Boston College -- the two "power conference" destinations for Saunders and Madsen -- had lower KenPom and NET ratings than UC did this season).

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X