Mississippi St
    Seton Hall
    Florida St (Zoom tonight)
    Cincinnati
    Temple (zoom tonight)
    George Washington
    Fresno St
    Kansas St

Reached out to Nahiem Alleyne, who started 36 games at Virginia Tech, shot 37.3% from 3 & All-ACC Academic

https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/s...GOaMyQrUfHS8dg

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
      Not to stray too far from the intent of his thread, I just wish to expand on Leo's comment by predicting that the NIL will have/ make a bigger impact on college recruiting than the portal itself.
      Nick Saban: Current NIL setup 'creates a situation where you can basically buy players'

Comment

• ^What many of us have been saying. Saban just confirmed our fears.

Comment

• That is what is so frustrating and hypocritical about this NIL. It allows those who already transgress the very tools to do so blantantly. Memphis comes to mind immediately as one whose history everyone knows but yet with the NIL Federal Express made their intentions known and the amount of money one could earn in recruiting a player. It just encourages shady boosters to not only come out of the shadows but the freedom to dig deeper in their pockets in hopes of " buying" a national championship. I dont see where schools who are not deemed as elite can compete in this scenario.

Comment

That is what is so frustrating and hypocritical about this NIL. It allows those who already transgress the very tools to do so blantantly. Memphis comes to mind immediately as one whose history everyone knows but yet with the NIL Federal Express made their intentions known and the amount of money one could earn in recruiting a player. It just encourages shady boosters to not only come out of the shadows but the freedom to dig deeper in their pockets in hopes of " buying" a national championship. I dont see where schools who are not deemed as elite can compete in this scenario.

It is made for TV

Comment

• So do you want to see a South Florida versus Stetson game (even with better $$ recruiting) or tOSU v. Alabama or now USC v. Georgia

Comment

That is what is so frustrating and hypocritical about this NIL. It allows those who already transgress the very tools to do so blantantly. Memphis comes to mind immediately as one whose history everyone knows but yet with the NIL Federal Express made their intentions known and the amount of money one could earn in recruiting a player. It just encourages shady boosters to not only come out of the shadows but the freedom to dig deeper in their pockets in hopes of " buying" a national championship. I dont see where schools who are not deemed as elite can compete in this scenario.

I thought there was supposed to be some rules that NIL deals could not be tied to boosters, i.e. if A1 wanted to sign Sauce Gardener that was good or if he got a shoe contract or such. Basically it would be similar to the sponsorship ads that pro athletes are free to sign. The ability to monetize social media accounts is not in my wheelhouse, but I guess the more star power, the more people want to follow like a celebrity. I do not think it should be like NASCAR where a play wears certain hats or patches on warmups. At some point the NCAA and the schools will have to agree that boosters buying recruits is a no-no and how to police it.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I thought there was supposed to be some rules that NIL deals could not be tied to boosters, i.e. if A1 wanted to sign Sauce Gardener that was good or if he got a shoe contract or such. Basically it would be similar to the sponsorship ads that pro athletes are free to sign. The ability to monetize social media accounts is not in my wheelhouse, but I guess the more star power, the more people want to follow like a celebrity. I do not think it should be like NASCAR where a play wears certain hats or patches on warmups. At some point the NCAA and the schools will have to agree that boosters buying recruits is a no-no and how to police it.
                  The rules, if any, are unclear at best. The NCAA has made no ruling or determination. Get them while you can I imagine

Comment

• Jeff Goodman ranks top 75 transfers (to date)
                    https://watchstadium.com/the-top-75-...23-04-14-2022/

15 - Jahmir Young, Charlotte (UC among group of schools in on him)
                    29 - Sean McNeil, WVU (UC among his final 6)
                    64 - Nahiem Alleyne, Virginia Tech (UC recently contacted)
                    66 - Franck Kepnang, Oregon (UC among the first wave of schools that reached out to him)
                    71 - Noah Locke, Louisville (UC has contacted him)
                    74 - Ta'Lon Cooper, Morehead State (UC contacted him, I think)

Comment

• https://247sports.com/college/south-...nd--186197201/

Charlotte transfer Jahmir Young is coming off his best offensive season averaging 19.6 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.7 assists. The 6-foot-1 junior point guard recently entered his name into the transfer portal and has already heard from Georgetown, Kansas, Duke, Villanova, Maryland, Cincinnati, Kansas State, Wake Forest, UConn, Gonzaga, Minnesota, Iona, George Mason, South Carolina, Miami, and SMU.

“I've had a couple zoom calls with Maryland, South Carolina, Gonzaga, Georgetown, Cincinnati and Kansas State, Miami, and UConn but UConn just got a commit so I'm not going there. All those were more in depth for sure talking about facilities, weight rooms, and making sure I'm ready next year for the draft if I don't go this year.”

“I like Maryland, Wake Forest,they're planning to get me on a visit, Cincinnati, and South Carolina a lot.”

Comment

• Ill be the first to admit that I dont completely understand all of this. But I seen a story just this past weekend referencing a specific university of Florida alum/ booster who is paying every student on scholarship at that school, EVERY student a salary to advertise his real estate business. He said ( and I'm paraphrasing) that the rules are so vague that no one knows where the boundaries are and until it gets defined hes going to use his resources to recruit kids to his school. Then, if my memory serves correctly there was a kid who couldn' t decide between Memphis or going G league and Fedex stepped in and "showed" him how much more money he could earn in enrolling at UM. Now I dont recall the final decision of this recruit but what l do know is that knowing human nature, the allure of fame and fortune, past history and reputation that no restrictions or any enforcement of such only invites the inevitable.

Comment

• K-State's Selton Miguel down to South Carolina, New Mexico State, USF.

UC had been mentioned with him, but definitely don't mind not being in the mix here.

Comment

• Former UC target JayKwon Walton (junior college via Georgia) has decommitted from Mississippi State. Could back up Newman on the wing … https://mississippistate.rivals.com/...dog-commitment

Comment

• Andre Curbelo is headed home to St. John’s
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• BEARCAT EYES ARE OUT https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...25917902733312

Assuming a transfer, wondering if it's Kalu from ODU

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X