No announcement yet.

Jizzle James 2023 FL PG 6'1 commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James expected to visit during weekend of Indiana game, per 247 article from Travis Branham.

Comment

It is very frustrating that Collier is dragging out any commitment. Now hes talking like maybe by the end of the year. That delay is really complicating our process and I don't want to see it cost us anymore potentially very good recruits as we wait. Hes a gem for sure but at what price if we don't get him? If James is willing to commit by all means accept him with open arms and move on. He is an excellent player in his own rights, one who could possibly stay several years with only minimal talent difference. I would take him, be thrilled and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
        It is very frustrating that Collier is dragging out any commitment. Now hes talking like maybe by the end of the year. That delay is really complicating our process and I don't want to see it cost us anymore potentially very good recruits as we wait. Hes a gem for sure but at what price if we don't get him? If James is willing to commit by all means accept him with open arms and move on. He is an excellent player in his own rights, one who could possibly stay several years with only minimal talent difference. I would take him, be thrilled and be done with it.

Agree.... I hope James is willing to commit and we can put Collier behind us...

I would rather have a PG who's willing to stick around the next 3-4yrs.

Comment

Unfortunately, none of us know what's going on behind the scenes. It could be that Collier's failure to commit yet is due to a structural issue in getting NIL in place at UC or some other school where he intends to go. This is all new, and nobody knows how it's going to work out for sure. My understanding here is that James is an LSU lean. Either player would be a major plus for the Bearcats, and here's where we have to trust that Coach Miller and staff are doing their best. I'm not willing to put anybody on the radar behind us, unless the player commits to another school.

Comment

You see so many guys, football included, decommiting late in the process from major programs. Its obvious that someone else has come in late with lots of $$. The rules are so skewed now and great traditional recruiting practices earn early interest and commits but get outbid late by blue bloods who have identified a late need. The longer the recruiting process gets dragged out, the more likely finances are in play. UC may still be working on NIL sponsors but I doubt if they have the support of the deep pocket guys needed to stay competitive with 5 star caliber recruits.

Comment

Rivals: 53
              ESPN: 59
              247: 64
              on3: 130

Comment

An “update” on JJ recruitment like the article in the collier thread https://www.on3.com/news/recruiting-...nnati-georgia/

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  An “update” on JJ recruitment like the article in the collier thread https://www.on3.com/news/recruiting-...nnati-georgia/
                  Wes Miller’s best teams have two-point guards on the floor, and he loves tough-minded guards who can defend. James is a take for the Bearcats whether or not Collier commits.”

Comment

Four-star point guard Jizzle James (@thejizzlejames) had Cincinnati and Georgia both in to see him for a workout this morning, he tells @247Sports.

Comment

Justin Williams: A pair of 2023 4-star prospects in Arrinten Page (@arrintenp22) & Jizzle James (@thejizzlejames) are expected to be on campus for visits the weekend of Sept. 24, including for UC’s football game vs Indiana.

Comment

Looks like one of the Rivals analysts crystal balled James to Cincinnati Friday.

Comment

Huge weekend coming up. He’s supposed to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                            Huge weekend coming up. He’s supposed to be here.
                            On last night's BBP (Bearcat Journal) podcast, Chad mentioned UC has a chance to be in a really great position here if they crush the visit...

Comment

Between basketball and football, there are going to be a ton of high ranked recruits here this weekend.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

From Justin Williams ($):
                                #Bearcats MBB will host a pair of 4-star official visitors on campus this weekend in forward Arrinten Page and point guard Jizzle James. I talked to coaches of each prospect about their game, recruitment, and thoughts on Cincinnati. https://theathletic.com/3615819/2022...shared_article

Interesting note here is that James' AAU coach is a Cincinnati native (and brother of Alicia Reece, current Hamilton County Commissioner)
                                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-22-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X