No announcement yet.

Jizzle James 2023 FL PG 6'1 commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James is a MUST if UC is going to be successful in the Big 12!

Comment

I liked Chad B's idea (heard on a podcast or somewhere) of trying to get a bunch of people to wear Edgerrin James jerseys (or t-shirt versions) to the IU game to show some love to this young man...

Comment

Official visit starts today
        https://twitter.com/thejizzlejames/s...87267447472130

Comment

https://twitter.com/4goatjames/statu...nbK4_IcOz6x9nw

Comment

Ranking the Contenders (Rob Cassidy - Rivals.com)
            https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....rrin-james-jr-

1. Cincinnati

The Bearcats felt like they were becoming the slight favorite even before James’ Sept. 25 visit to campus, and that feeling has intensified in the days since the trip concluded. James has long discussed his fit with Wes Miller's style of play and seems to like the emphasis Bearcat fans place on basketball.

There’s no such thing as a lock when it comes to recruiting, but Miller and company should love where they stand in the race to secure James' pledge.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Ranking the Contenders (Rob Cassidy - Rivals.com)
              https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....rrin-james-jr-

1. Cincinnati

The Bearcats felt like they were becoming the slight favorite even before James’ Sept. 25 visit to campus, and that feeling has intensified in the days since the trip concluded. James has long discussed his fit with Wes Miller's style of play and seems to like the emphasis Bearcat fans place on basketball.

There’s no such thing as a lock when it comes to recruiting, but Miller and company should love where they stand in the race to secure James' pledge.

Do we have a timeline on when James announces who he's committing to?

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Per Chad Brendel, James has a visit scheduled to LSU in a couple weeks and may take a trip to GA as well.

Comment

Well, I'd like UC's chances much better if he does not take any further visits ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

P/ a tweet from Chad, he's targeting a November announcement

Comment

Here's hoping for some good news. Would love to hear the 5/3 pa announcing Jizzle James! Not to mention seeing his dad wearing UC gear!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        Here's hoping for some good news. Would love to hear the 5/3 pa announcing Jizzle James! Not to mention seeing his dad wearing UC gear!
                        https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....isaiah-collier

It’s a Cincinnati versus Georgia battle for Edgerrin James Jr., and the struggle between the two programs seems to go back and forth with some regularity. Not long ago, UGA looked like the distinct favorite to land James, who the staff has been recruiting since it was coaching at Florida. On the heels of James' weekend visit to Cincy, however, the Bearcats are thought to be the slight leader in the clubhouse.

It’s starting to feel like the Dawgs may need to get the talented guard on campus for a return trip if they hope to swing the momentum back their way and seal the deal, as James visited in July but has not been back since. Should that take place, things will be back up in the air. LSU is also involved, but can’t be taken too seriously until it gets the four-star prospect on campus for an official visit, which is tentatively set for later this fall.
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-28-2022, 10:27 AM.

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ell-194614410/

Starting off the night, Jizzle James and his Orlando (Fla.) Olympia team took action and it didn’t take long for the No. 64 overall prospect to get things going.

James and his team got off to a hot start and per usual James was doing his work on both ends of the court. Defensively, James has been one of the toughest on-ball defenders in the country for a while and he was up to his normal disruptive self on that end.

On the offensive end, James was doing it all from getting to the rim, creating for others and also showing an improved jump from mid-range and from three.

He was breaking guys down off the dribble and creating his own shot, which he knocked down effectively on Saturday.

James is down to three schools - LSU, Georgia and Cincinnati - but more on that later.

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ell-194614410/

Starting off the night, Jizzle James and his Orlando (Fla.) Olympia team took action and it didn’t take long for the No. 64 overall prospect to get things going.

James and his team got off to a hot start and per usual James was doing his work on both ends of the court. Defensively, James has been one of the toughest on-ball defenders in the country for a while and he was up to his normal disruptive self on that end.

On the offensive end, James was doing it all from getting to the rim, creating for others and also showing an improved jump from mid-range and from three.

He was breaking guys down off the dribble and creating his own shot, which he knocked down effectively on Saturday.

James is down to three schools - LSU, Georgia and Cincinnati - but more on that later.
                            Travis Branham -- national guy for 247 -- with a 7/10 confidence Cincinnati crystal ball for JJ

Comment

Travis Branham -- national guy for 247 -- with a 7/10 confidence Cincinnati crystal ball for JJ
                              In addition to the 247 Crystal Ball pick for Cincinnati, on3 is now showing Jizzle James with a 92.9% chance of picking UC -- previously UGA was at 36% and LSU at 31% with UC in third.

Hoping for some good news sooner than later, but I guess he could extend this until November if he wants to.

Current 2023 rankings:
                              - Rivals: #53 overall
                              - ESPN: #60 overall
                              - 247: #64 overall
                              - on3: #78 overall

In the 21st century, UC has signed only two 4-star PG recruits (based on 247 #s):
                              - Devan Downey, #37 in 2005
                              - Cashmere Wright, #63 in 2008
                              Last edited by GoBearcats31; 10-03-2022, 09:33 AM.

Comment

In addition to my two posts above, here is another update -- which includes a visit to LSU which I don't love, but hopefully the above pro-UC predictions hold true.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ati-194691953/

He recently completed official visits to Georgia and Cincinnati and as of now he is still planning to take an official visit to LSU this coming weekend before making his ultimate decision.

Cincinnati: "It was great. It was a great environment, the fans were great, I loved the atmosphere so it was a great visit. Just being around the players and experiencing the culture, it felt like a family vibe. I got to go to a football game, I got to watch a practice, go in the weight room, I got to workout so it was cool. I learned how they were hard-nosed and got after it which is my type of style."

Georgia: "It was great. I love Georgia, I love the Dogs so it will be nice to come up with my final decision. I can't wait for it. I got to watch them practice, I got to eat, I got to watch the team, chill with the coaching staff, see around the campus, see the facilities and learn about the history there so it was a great visit. I got a good chemistry with the coaches because I have known them for a minute now so our relationship is well-established."

LSU: "I am setting up a visit this weekend so I am getting it all set up for the 8th so we will see."

James told 247Sports that he plans on making a decision in the next month following the visit to LSU and shared what it is that will push a team over the edge for him.

"Just the situation and what fits best and can help me reach my goals."

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X