Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Scouting report from 247
      https://247sports.com/college/basket...mes-194802737/

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Sight unseen, he sounds a lot like Keith Legree.

Comment

Funny, I was thinking similarly. I need to
          get a little more excited for James.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Sight unseen, he sounds a lot like Keith Legree.
            I think Legree was more of a power point guard, absorb the pounding and get to the line. James is a better shooter, better defender, and more athletic. I think he compares more favorably with a Satterfield type.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I think Legree was more of a power point guard, absorb the pounding and get to the line. James is a better shooter, better defender, and more athletic. I think he compares more favorably with a Satterfield type.
              Every writeup I see about James says his weakness is his jump shot and 3 point shooting. 11% from three point range in the EYBL league. As I said, this is sight unseen, but sounds like more of a penetrator.
              Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 10-05-2022, 09:06 PM.

Comment

As long as he can direct the offense, not turn the ball over, play great defense and make sure everyone else scores, the lack of a jump and 3 point shot doesn't bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I would agree, he even has the body Satterfield had... Kenny was great driving to the basket, but his jump shot needed improvement... LeGree was built more like a Michael Horton, only with a lot more skills.

Comment

A few apparently recently clips of Mr. James https://twitter.com/shoottheshots_/s...12255088021505

He's got great athleticism/hops for a kid not super tall. Given how little UC has dunked the ball in the last couple years, Griffith + James will help change that.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I would agree, he even has the body Satterfield had... Kenny was great driving to the basket, but his jump shot needed improvement... LeGree was built more like a Michael Horton, only with a lot more skills.
                      Legree was really good distributor but couldn't shoot. Getting to the line was a below 60% proposition for his career in college

James led the team in assists and shot 85% at the line in HS last season and had the most attempts on his team. He can do both.
                      Last edited by Lobot; 10-15-2022, 09:40 AM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                        A few apparently recently clips of Mr. James https://twitter.com/shoottheshots_/s...12255088021505

He's got great athleticism/hops for a kid not super tall. Given how little UC has dunked the ball in the last couple years, Griffith + James will help change that.
                        We did not get any dunks the past couple of years because everyone was hanging out on the perimeter and jacking threes.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

We did not get any dunks the past couple of years because everyone was hanging out on the perimeter and jacking threes.
                          Ain't that the truth.

Comment

That FT% is incredibly welcome

Comment

#83 in new on3 rankings. I believe he was 78 previously.

Comment

SIGNED - https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...34719145275392

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X