No announcement yet.

Travis Perry 2024 KY PG 6'4 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He will rarely see the floor other than as a fill in player. My prediction. He'll be in the portal within 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
      He will rarely see the floor other than as a fill in player. My prediction. He'll be in the portal within 2 years.
      You might on to something there and I'm not just saying that becuase he didn't pick UC. Unless he is truly something special, he's going to get recruited over at UK. You have to wonder if UK was always the dream and he went anyway knowing that.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        Honestly, with Tay and Jizzle already here, he was far less important than the two Tyler’s.
        Musta missed something, who is Tay ?
        And who is Thomas ?
        Thanks !

Comment

• Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post

Musta missed something, who is Tay ?
          And who is Thomas ?
          Thanks !
          He may have meant Daveon "Day Day" Thomas, the starting PG.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

He may have meant Daveon "Day Day" Thomas, the starting PG.
            Yep. I fat fingered it. The point is we have two solid PG’s, so maybe we can use that scholarship for a transfer big.

Comment

• https://burnerball.com/mailbag-11-13-23/

Early yesterday afternoon I posted “Never trust a crystal ball” and I was referring to his recruitment. This was simply a case of a Kentucky kid wanting to play for the Cats. The Athletic’s Kyle Tucker did a great job outlining it here.

If this kid was born anywhere else, he likely ends up at Cincinnati. They put in the most effort and one source told me the UC staff had the best relationship with the kid, but ultimately he wanted to stay home. I never logged a prediction for this one because something didn’t add up for me. Cincy was the team I heard the most and I had a few reputable sources tell me that was the destination. A decision wasn’t relayed in any direction until the morning of, which usually means the information is wrong or it’s much less of a slam dunk than people think.

Comment

• After sitting two years on the bench with very little playing time, would not be surprised if Travis hits the portal. We might see him 3yrs from now.

Comment

• I think it’s unfair to say he will sit the bench at UK or will transfer out after 1-2 years. One never knows how a player will develop. He might become an NBA caliber player once he gets on campus, is involved in UK’s strength and conditioning program and benefits from coaching. IMO, this all sounds like sour grapes for a player who chose to go elsewhere. While I’m sorry UC could not land him, I also can’t argue with his reasons for choosing UK as he is likely a long time fan of the program. I wish him well in his endeavors.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                    I think it’s unfair to say he will sit the bench at UK or will transfer out after 1-2 years. One never knows how a player will develop. He might become an NBA caliber player once he gets on campus, is involved in UK’s strength and conditioning program and benefits from coaching. IMO, this all sounds like sour grapes for a player who chose to go elsewhere. While I’m sorry UC could not land him, I also can’t argue with his reasons for choosing UK as he is likely a long time fan of the program. I wish him well in his endeavors.
                    Sour grapes? Not hardly. I do wish him well, but realistically Kentucky will likely sign some top 10 recruit to be their PG. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                      I think it’s unfair to say he will sit the bench at UK or will transfer out after 1-2 years. One never knows how a player will develop. He might become an NBA caliber player once he gets on campus, is involved in UK’s strength and conditioning program and benefits from coaching. IMO, this all sounds like sour grapes for a player who chose to go elsewhere. While I’m sorry UC could not land him, I also can’t argue with his reasons for choosing UK as he is likely a long time fan of the program. I wish him well in his endeavors.

it's possible, he could develop into a fine starting PG... But? History shows when these 4 Star Recruits sign on with one of the Blue Bloods cause it's a life long dream, it doesn't always workout... KY lands a few Top 25 PG's over the next 2yrs and Travis ends up playing a role off the bench. For some that's fine, it's still a dream come true... For others, they end up realizing PT is the most important thing, and end up hitting the portal... Regardless, best of luck at KY!

Comment

• Boogie Fland is already ranked 17th by ON3, and a 5 star by both ESPN and Rivals. They also have at least 5 freshman and 3 soph guards on their current roster. Isn't he committed to UK already?
                        Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 11-13-2023, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                          After sitting two years on the bench with very little playing time, would not be surprised if Travis hits the portal. We might see him 3yrs from now.
                          Let’s hope 3 years from now we don’t need him.

Comment

• Seems it was an uphill battle, but good to see the staff aiming high.

https://theathletic.com/5057418/2023...shared_article
                            Last edited by longtimefan; 11-13-2023, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                              Boogie Fland is already ranked 17th by ON3, and a 5 star by both ESPN and Rivals. They also have at least 5 freshman and 3 soph guards on their current roster. Isn't he committed to UK already?
                              Fland committed before Perry.

Here's the thing for me about Perry. If he's a lifelong UK fan , it's his dream school and he wants to stay home, I get it. No sour grapes at all on my part. For Wes, it's hard to get that guy when you're not the home team.

Based on the article from Kyle Tucker above, UK was not entirely expecting this. Which begs the question, will he sign this week or wait? If he waits and based on Tucker's description of the decision process, he might still be in play down the road. As fans, don't burn bridges for the coaching staff here.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X