This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Betsey 2024 CT SF 6'8 commit

I don't believe there is an offer yet, but UC seems to be taking a look here. The Connecticut native is a top 20ish prospect according to numerous recruiting sites and he plays at St. Thomas More, where Cane Broome is an alum and currently on the coaching staff there.

https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/s...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-04-2023, 08:56 PM.

And now there’s an offer
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      I don't believe there is an offer yet, but UC seems to be taking a look here. The Connecticut native is a top 20ish prospect according to numerous recruiting sites and he plays at St. Thomas More, where Cane Broome is an alum and currently on the coaching staff there.

https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/s...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg
      https://twitter.com/Broomecane_1/sta...94213922521089

Comment

UC gets a mention here for recruiting Tyler hard, but unless he plans a visit I wouldn't get too excited
        https://247sports.com/college/basket...onn-211531416/

Comment

Adam Zagoria:

TylerBetsey1 says he plans to visit @DukeMBB in September

Hopes to cut his list around his BDay Aug. 2 and possibly decide by October

UConn, Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State and Creighton among those also involved

Comment

https://www.on3.com/news/tyler-betse...nt-and-visits/

“I’m going to take some official visits in the Fall, too, I’m not exactly sure what dates yet,” Betsey said. “But we’re talking with Alabama, Cincinnati, and Duke about potential visits.”

Cincinnati: “The coaching staff reaches out a lot, and they show a lot of love. One of my coaches at school, Cane Broome, also went there. We have become really close, and he tells me all about the city and everything there is to do outside of basketball. They’re moving to be Big 12, so that’s big. I hear a lot of good things about (head coach) Wes Miller, he’s really personable. He came to my school one time and sat down, and we just talked for like three hours straight. I was really comfortable with him, and it was a great conversation.”

Comment

Maybe he is giving Wes a chance to keep Coach Broom happy, but at least Wes has his foot in the door. Sitting down for a chat that goes three hours is another good sign. Let's get him on campus and sway him to become a Bearcat
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....bethea-indiana

I think it’s certainly worth watching Tyler Betsey. There’s buzz that the 6-foot-7 wing is getting closer to narrowing his focus and Cincinnati is definitely becoming one of the major players in his process. I’m told an official visit is in the works, and I expect the Bearcats to make a move if that takes place. Betsey has a strong relationship with Bearcat alum Cane Broome, who coaches at his high school.

Nothing is certain when it comes to New Jersey-based star and Cincinnati obviously, but I like Wes Miller’s chances to make noise if he’s able to get the four-star on campus in the early fall. UConn, Indiana and Creighton are among the other schools heavily involved.

Comment

Would be great to steal a player from under the nose of one of my "favorite" coaches...

Comment

Four-star F Tyler Betsey breaks down his seven finalists

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....even-finalists

Apparently aims to decide in early October, looks like UC has the last scheduled visit

Cincinnati (upcoming visit Sept. 23)

Wes Miller pretty much just got there and they had a good season last year. I like knowing that I can be a guy to go in there and help start something off to make it easier for him and his future recruiting classes. I like that he’d be able to go to future recruits and say ‘we did this, this and this with Tyler Betsey.’ I like the freedom to be able to produce early in my career and being given big responsibility as a freshman. They just joined the Big 12, and that’s the best conference in the country. If I were to go there and do what I have to do, that gives me a super good shot at the NBA. Also, I’m super close with the coaching staff.”

Comment

Visits that loom large on hoops calendar

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....hoops-calendar
                      2. TYLER BETSEY’S CINCINNATI VISIT (SEPT. 23)

WHY IT’S BIG: Because Cincinnati is emerging as one of favorites.

Officially, Tyler Betsey has a final seven of Alabama, Duke, Cincinnati, Creighton, Indiana, UConn and Villanova. Unofficially, sources indicate that it’s starting to sound as though everyone is chasing the Bearcats and Huskies. Those two schools seem most likely to land the 6-foot-7 wing, with the Bearcats making particularly strong moves as of late.

Betsey’s late September trip to campus could catapult Wes Miller and company to the top of Betsey’s list.

Comment

Betsey and McKinley on the floor at the same time? Wow. That’s Final Four (at least)! Let’s hope CWM can get that done.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          Betsey and McKinley on the floor at the same time? Wow. That’s Final Four (at least)! Let’s hope CWM can get that done.
                          Wes is putting together some good recruiting classes, and is getting the players to nuy into his system. However, very rarely can you say one recruit or even one recruiting class is FF material. I hope they prove to be the exception, but we shouldn't get hopes raised too much on recruiting.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

It's not just the recruiting, but the ability of Wes and staff to coach guys up. The improvement of so many guys, Vic, Ody, and others, has me really pumped. On a related note, I look for real improvement from last year's guys. I expect a lot of growth from last year's freshmen, Skillings, Reed, Tolentino.

Comment

Skillings has me excited. He had a move during the second round of the NIT that just amazed Dan Hoard. He leaped from outside of the free throw lane and dunked it on the other side of the basket. I remember listening to that play by play by our home boys and thought wow. Even T Nelson chimed in on it and said that there were only a few guys that he could remember that could do such a thing. I would appreciate it if anyone could find the video and post it because I have never seen it.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X