Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think for Betsey is going to come down to whether he wants to leave home or stay local. Fortunately we have Cane Broome to advocate for us on this one.
    Last edited by Lobot; 08-16-2023, 08:36 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....ing-storylines

“Officially, Tyler Betsey has a top eight, and I know there’s a lot of chatter about UConn, but everything I’ve been told by people close to the situation suggests this race is actually between Cincinnati and Alabama. Visits can change things, of course, but I’m pretty confident either the Bearcats or Tide will ultimately land the four-star wing when the smoke clears. Betsey has yet to set a commitment date, but I’d expect to hear something before fall turns to winter. I know he recently took a call from Alabama-star-turned-lottery-pick Brandon Miller, who helped ‘Bama make its pitch, but I also know Cincy remains a threat and is possibly the frontrunner.” - Cassidy

Comment

Ranking the Contenders: Four-star Tyler Betsey

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....r-tyler-betsey

1. CINCINNATI

Betsey has an extremely solid relationship with the Cincinnati staff and seems to view the program as a place where he can make an immediate difference in a major conference. His official visit is on the calendar for Sept. 23 and, at least for now, represents the final trip on the schedule, which can sometimes be a tell.

Either way, Wes Miller and company have been in the thick of Betsey’s recruitment for months now and feel like one of two teams actually in the hunt to land his commitment. If an announcement comes on the heels of his official visit later this month, the news will likely be good for the Bearcats. If not, Alabama and – to a lesser extent – UConn, could have real hope.

Comment

Sounds like we're close to landing Tyler... When will he announce a decision ?

Comment

Was apparently supposes to visit Duke this weekend, but Joe Tipton (TiptonEdits) says that visit is off.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
              Sounds like we're close to landing Tyler... When will he announce a decision ?
              Fingers crossed.

Comment

Also visiting this weekend - big weekend ahead

Comment

Visiting Villanova September 30.

Comment

That's not great. was hoping to see fewer names in the mix, not more visits...

Comment

I'm looking at 247 and they have him as "warm" for Villanova and 6 other schools but don't list him as having a Nova offer. They're the only school out of the 7 that hasn't offered him.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Published earlier today on Rivals https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....hinks-he-knows

Cincy and ‘Bama have separated themselves to the point where the schools in the rearview mirror are mere dots, and which one of the two it will be is the only remaining question. A month ago, I would have said Cincinnati with some level of confidence but it seems Alabama has dialed up the pressure in recent weeks and has given the Connecticut-based star plenty to think about. I read this race as a total toss-up right now, but things have trended toward Alabama for roughly a month, so Nate Oats should be praised for a strong close should the Tide pull it off.

Separately, as to Villanova it looks like they are trending towards landing a top 100 kid named Matthew Hodge who is also 6'8, so perhaps they wouldn't recruit both if Hodge commits.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          Published earlier today on Rivals https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....hinks-he-knows

Cincy and ‘Bama have separated themselves to the point where the schools in the rearview mirror are mere dots, and which one of the two it will be is the only remaining question. A month ago, I would have said Cincinnati with some level of confidence but it seems Alabama has dialed up the pressure in recent weeks and has given the Connecticut-based star plenty to think about. I read this race as a total toss-up right now, but things have trended toward Alabama for roughly a month, so Nate Oats should be praised for a strong close should the Tide pull it off.

Separately, as to Villanova it looks like they are trending towards landing a top 100 kid named Matthew Hodge who is also 6'8, so perhaps they wouldn't recruit both if Hodge commits.
                          Later this afternoon, Rob Cassidy put up a Crystal Ball for UC, after he wrote this article. Jason Stamm also added one. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Announcing at 3:00 PM October 6.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Later this afternoon, Rob Cassidy put up a Crystal Ball for UC, after he wrote this article. Jason Stamm also added one. Fingers crossed.
                              I do not know any of their credentials, but three others have followed suit with UC picks https://n.rivals.com/content/athlete...297719?view=pv

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I do not know any of their credentials, but three others have followed suit with UC picks https://n.rivals.com/content/athlete...297719?view=pv
                                Rob Cassidy is rivals.com's national recruiting analyst.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X