• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hinted at the importance of NIL in recruiting -- ok

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
      Hinted at the importance of NIL in recruiting -- ok
      Thanks for this, Leo...

To be more clear, he was saying they need to be ready to compete at a Big 12 level recruiting-wise and "that NIL is comparable."

Comment

In my mind JD if hes making progress it would be to manage the clock a bit more and allowing the game to come to him and not try to force things. If Viktor is progressing then going against Ezikpe? every day in practice should help tremendously then I can see us being very formidable. Im also hoping that JN3 now that he understands his role will be an upgrade of himself.

Comment

Ok as Im reading things right, with Griffin all but signed how many more recruits does CWM need to come aboard for the 23-24 season? DDJ, Ezikpe, and Newman are all on their plus years so that's three but if Nolley has just one year then four will be needed correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
            Ok as Im reading things right, with Griffin all but signed how many more recruits does CWM need to come aboard for the 23-24 season? DDJ, Ezikpe, and Newman are all on their plus years so that's three but if Nolley has just one year then four will be needed correct?
            Nolley still has 2 years left if he uses them both

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Thanks for this, Leo...

To be more clear, he was saying they need to be ready to compete at a Big 12 level recruiting-wise and "that NIL is comparable."
              He knows how important it is. Stating the obvious.

Comment

I'd check out the Next year's roster thread https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/bas...-s-team-roster

But there are four guys (also Rob Phinisee) who are on their last year of eligibility this year, so a minimum of four scholarships to fill after this 22-23 season. Plus four guys (Nolley, Davenport, MAW, Oguama) are seniors but have an additional year if they want it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I'd check out the Next year's roster thread https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/bas...-s-team-roster

But there are four guys (also Rob Phinisee) who are on their last year of eligibility this year, so a minimum of four scholarships to fill after this 22-23 season. Plus four guys (Nolley, Davenport, MAW, Oguama) are seniors but have an additional year if they want it.
                  So, potentially 8 spots to fill if they all leave, and minimum of 4.

Comment

I was just merely looking ahead at the tremendous recruiting opportunity CWM has in front of him. He's already accomplished quite a lot in Daniels and Skillings, and now has started 2023 with the #1 Ohio player and with having a minimum of 4 schollies to work with it this seasons end its exciting to see what he has in store for bearcat nation.

Comment

Also a column from Justin Williams -- Wes Miller has planted his flag at Cincinnati ($)
                      https://theathletic.com/3289389/2022...ti-basketball/
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-03-2022, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I was just merely looking ahead at the tremendous recruiting opportunity CWM has in front of him. He's already accomplished quite a lot in Daniels and Skillings, and now has started 2023 with the #1 Ohio player and with having a minimum of 4 schollies to work with it this seasons end its exciting to see what he has in store for bearcat nation.
                        I think you mean Daniel Skillings and Josh Reed. LOL

Comment

I am, your right. Dyslexia raises its ugly head once more!

Comment

I was optimistic for this year and had my hopes dashed by the "schoolyard" play of the team (run and gun, no defense, etc). I am reading all of your comments and want to be optimistic for next year but I am concerned the same thing will happen. What do you all think? Am I off base? Also, anyone know how UC is going to handle NIL? Without a robust program we are going to be left in the recruiting dust.

Comment

This is the only place I could think of to pose the question but does anyone know if CWM has had the chance to talk to the big O? Everything I've read he says he knows the UC history, has embraced and welcomed past players, talked to past coaches, and even has had the NCAA champs of 60 & 61 in to celebrate them. But I've never read in any articles, interviews, podcasts or blogs that he's ever met with or talked to Oscar since his hire. Just wondering?

Comment

This is the only place I could think of to pose the question but does anyone know if CWM has had the chance to talk to the big O? Everything I've read he says he knows the UC history, has embraced and welcomed past players, talked to past coaches, and even has had the NCAA champs of 60 & 61 in to celebrate them. But I've never read in any articles, interviews, podcasts or blogs that he's ever met with or talked to Oscar since his hire. Just wondering?
                                I don't know the answer, but I would certainly hope so.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X