X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Wes Miller thread Take 2

Wes Miller thread Take 2

Justin WIlliiams wrote about Wes Miller and his methods yesterday: ($)

https://theathletic.com/3094932/2022...ar-head-coach/

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Wes was at the homecoming game today with a couple players or recruits. 2nd week in a row none of the fans around me noticed bball players wandering around our section in the stands. I tried to get the crowd excited for them but only a few responded. He was literally walking up the aisle a few people away from me and barely anyone knew who he was which is sad

Leave a comment:

• Carin's Dad
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    This seems to be the best place to say this:

Hot Dang! Wes and staff are knocking it out the park in recruiting. I seem to recall Mick tried for a few top tier recruits and Huggins was in on a lot of recruits. It took Huggs until 2004/05 to generate this level of buzz with sheer number of top tier recruits, though he had many 4 and 5 star guys. Wes is in the process of putting together top 10 or higher rated classes 3 years in a row, and the new players this year are pretty darned good. I am starting to think we will be as ready or more ready to compete in the Big 12 basketball league than in football. Even if we miss on one or two of the remaining top recruits, this buzz is on par with the North College Hill guys.
    I think Mick became convinced the program couldn't recruit high level talent. Maybe he was just too close. It is refreshing to see this staff's success.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    The thing I'm impressed with as much as anything is how hard this staff works. It seems these guys are out on the trail of recruits 24/7. How do they find time to coach bball! That's a rhetorical question! I'm Psyched at where we're headed talent wise going into the Big 12. To CWM and his staff, keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    This seems to be the best place to say this:

Hot Dang! Wes and staff are knocking it out the park in recruiting. I seem to recall Mick tried for a few top tier recruits and Huggins was in on a lot of recruits. It took Huggs until 2004/05 to generate this level of buzz with sheer number of top tier recruits, though he had many 4 and 5 star guys. Wes is in the process of putting together top 10 or higher rated classes 3 years in a row, and the new players this year are pretty darned good. I am starting to think we will be as ready or more ready to compete in the Big 12 basketball league than in football. Even if we miss on one or two of the remaining top recruits, this buzz is on par with the North College Hill guys.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Oscar lives in Florida.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I suspect that if he has not, it is because Mr. Robertson is a very private person and has some medical issues. Do not read too much into anything or the lack of silence as a negative.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    I'm thinking the same thing. You would think being as awed as CWM seems to be about UC's history that he would want to speak to the nearly consensus greatest player of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    This is the only place I could think of to pose the question but does anyone know if CWM has had the chance to talk to the big O? Everything I've read he says he knows the UC history, has embraced and welcomed past players, talked to past coaches, and even has had the NCAA champs of 60 & 61 in to celebrate them. But I've never read in any articles, interviews, podcasts or blogs that he's ever met with or talked to Oscar since his hire. Just wondering?
    I don't know the answer, but I would certainly hope so.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    This is the only place I could think of to pose the question but does anyone know if CWM has had the chance to talk to the big O? Everything I've read he says he knows the UC history, has embraced and welcomed past players, talked to past coaches, and even has had the NCAA champs of 60 & 61 in to celebrate them. But I've never read in any articles, interviews, podcasts or blogs that he's ever met with or talked to Oscar since his hire. Just wondering?

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    I was optimistic for this year and had my hopes dashed by the "schoolyard" play of the team (run and gun, no defense, etc). I am reading all of your comments and want to be optimistic for next year but I am concerned the same thing will happen. What do you all think? Am I off base? Also, anyone know how UC is going to handle NIL? Without a robust program we are going to be left in the recruiting dust.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    I am, your right. Dyslexia raises its ugly head once more!

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    I was just merely looking ahead at the tremendous recruiting opportunity CWM has in front of him. He's already accomplished quite a lot in Daniels and Skillings, and now has started 2023 with the #1 Ohio player and with having a minimum of 4 schollies to work with it this seasons end its exciting to see what he has in store for bearcat nation.
    I think you mean Daniel Skillings and Josh Reed. LOL

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Also a column from Justin Williams -- Wes Miller has planted his flag at Cincinnati ($)
    https://theathletic.com/3289389/2022...ti-basketball/
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-03-2022, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    I was just merely looking ahead at the tremendous recruiting opportunity CWM has in front of him. He's already accomplished quite a lot in Daniels and Skillings, and now has started 2023 with the #1 Ohio player and with having a minimum of 4 schollies to work with it this seasons end its exciting to see what he has in store for bearcat nation.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X