No announcement yet.

Game 24: Houston 2/6 6:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main problem is we have nobody inside that can score, at all. Throwing the ball underneath with a threat to score is huge in any offense, we don’t have that. How much better would we be with a Gary Clark or Kyle Williamson or Yancy Gates inside? There is a reason some of these guys were available to transfer in April, and why a new coach with a very depleted roster was glad to get them. Some of them may just need some experience, I remember White wasn’t a threat to score as a freshman at Houston, but he was damn good tonight.

I didn’t have high hopes going into this year, we’ll see what develops going forward.

Comment

Is McGinnis still hurt? If your down 21 pts with ten minutes left to go and your designated shooters (JD and MM) cant buy a bucket then put in another shooter (a shooter in waiting ala McG)! Get him some minutes, experience, and lumps.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rufus;n388793]Kelvin Sampson is merely following the blueprint set by Huggs.
        We need Hensley, Lahkin, and OO in the monster factory another year. And Houston has got players that can shoot

Im curious what anyone has seen that makes them think Hensley will amount to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
          Is McGinnis still hurt? If your down 21 pts with ten minutes left to go and your designated shooters (JD and MM) cant buy a bucket then put in another shooter (a shooter in waiting ala McG)! Get him some minutes, experience, and lumps.
          Good question. Everything about who is playing and not playing is a mystery. It's amazing how badly we miss open shots when we do get them. Also the lack of focus for FT's really is aggravatiing. What is the deal with McGinnis?

Comment

[QUOTE=Bearcat9796;n388809]
            Originally posted by Rufus View Post
            Kelvin Sampson is merely following the blueprint set by Huggs.
            We need Hensley, Lahkin, and OO in the monster factory another year.
            Very obvious, they look like they didn’t do much lifting this year either, at least tonight.

Comment

I was at the game and sat on my hands. My wife who is not a sports fan but rather an event fan asked why I was not having fun. I said that the team shoots to quickly, they do not box out, can't rebound, can't shoot, are selfish, do not play defense, etc. I said that Miller should tell his players that they will be benched if they take a contested 3 shot in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock, if they shoot a long 3 in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock. These players have to be put in place. Maybe they should wear plain white undershirts for practice jerseys until they start playing the game correctly including boxing out. Did you see the difference in rebounds tonight? It was a joke.

Comment

What are they doing at practice? I really have nothing else to say except more excrement on the court and I agree there was a reason for 7 footers available late.

Comment

At this point I hope Coach Miller is a much better recruiter than he is at player development. I'd be curious what all the former players are thinking about what they are seeing so far.

Comment

Roster full of midmajor players. It’s gonna take time. This is the most unathletic Bearcat team I’ve ever seen. Tari and Keith Williams are light years ahead of anyone on this team.
                    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                      Roster full of midmajor players. It’s gonna take time. This is the most unathletic Bearcat team I’ve ever seen. Tari and Keith Williams are light years ahead of anyone on this team.
                      I didn't want to believe this before but it's apparent that even the middle of the pack teams in our conference have better talent than we do at this point. I'm still astounded that none of the new guys are showing any incremental improvement.

Comment

In all fairness, that was a pretty darn good team we played. TBH, I am amazed we are even middle of the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                          In all fairness, that was a pretty darn good team we played. TBH, I am amazed we are even middle of the pack.
                          middle of the pack in a 1-bid league.
                          My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

We do not necessarily need athletic players. See the Butlers of the world. Those teams win with basketball players. We do not have basketball IQ players. From what I have seen, we do not have leaders, we do not have team play, we do not know how to pass, we cannot win a rebound.....

Edit - At least we did not lose by 50 like we did twice to this team last year.
                            Last edited by bearcatbret; 02-06-2022, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                              At this point I’m just rooting to make it respectable.
                              Well, they were down 20-3 immediately, from that point on it was 60-55, so I guess that’s possibly respectable. Considering the talent discrepancy not so bad, at least they continued to battle where last year’s team quit.

Comment

"I'd be curious what all the former players are thinking about what they are seeing so far".

I think we already know. I hate to say it but IMO we are seeing VL and OO, Hensley actually digressing and that's doesn't necessarily land at CWM's feet more so than it does KW and DJ's feet. They both are the coaches who are tasked with player development.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X