Game 24: Houston 2/6 6:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coach View Post

The bottom line with where they are right now is they have to get a talented 4 or 5 who can give them 12 to 15 pts/8 rebounds. Until they get help inside it's really hard to judge the other players. When you are this limited offensively, and are not able to rebound or score well inside it limits much of what you can do. Houston has very good athletes and they can take away guards unlike a lot of other teams. It's not real hard when you have their talent and we are not a threat to do anything inside. Ado, Koval and Vik are just either not offensive inside threats or not ready for D1 play inside right now. You couple that with playing JD who is not a good jumper or quick and they're severely outmanned. I hope they bounce back Wednesday down South and win a game they have a shot at. However, tournaments and conference contention are on hold until they fix this roster.
    I agree with what you’re saying here, but let’s not act like Josh Carlton and Fabian White are elite players. This is the same Josh Carlton that Chris Vogt held to 2 points, while dropping 19 point on.

Ado, Koval, Ody and Vik might not be the greatest either...but they all have shown flashes in their careers (at least as solid role players) - at and least as good as Josh Carlton and Fabian White! Something is very off here with our bigs - lack of toughness, lack of footwork, lack of ability to feed them the ball in the low post (or even try)...it’s bad. I’m sorry...but regardless of the situation, most of this falls on Wes.

Vik has show plenty of potential, especially with low post moves (but bad when he tries to do too much). He’s also the most physical when battling.

Hopefully things improve.

Comment

Post Mortem from Justin WIlliams:

https://theathletic.com/3116054/2022...at-whats-next/
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X