Game 25: South Florida 2/9 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 25: South Florida 2/9 7:00 ESPN+

Well back to the Plus on this one which means we'll probably get local announcers from USF. The Bulls are 1-7 in conference and 6-14 overall. The one conference win was over UCF at home.

Everyone you have ever heard of on this roster has left the building. If Brian Gregory was trying to turn over the roster and get his own guys, he's there. There are two seniors on the roster and only one of them plays meaningful minutes. That's Javon Greene and he's a grad transfer from George Mason. The Bulls are averaging a whopping 57 ppg so I would expect a grind it out affair. They do have some height in Russell Tchewa from Cameroon. He's a 7 footer that doesn't block shots. He's out there to rebound. Sophomore Caleb Murphy, the leading scorer, averages a devastating 12.1 ppg.

I'd like to think this is a get well game for the Cats after what happened vs. Houston but it's a road tilt and whatever they're calling the Sun Dome these days has not been a great place for us the last few years. Based on the results to date if you keep USF below 70, you win the game.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../stats/_/id/58
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-09-2022, 11:45 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Wins and building culture, etc. are more important than silly metrics at this point. But this is the type of game UC won't have to worry about in the Big 12 -- they could win by 30 and it would still probably hurt them because USF (#240 in the NET) is so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Wins and building culture, etc. are more important than silly metrics at this point. But this is the type of game UC won't have to worry about in the Big 12 -- they could win by 30 and it would still probably hurt them because USF (#240 in the NET) is so bad.
      Why are we even worrying about ratings? At the end of the season, I think our overall record is more important considering where we are. Let's get to 20 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Why are we even worrying about ratings? At the end of the season, I think our overall record is more important considering where we are. Let's get to 20 wins.
        I literally said wins (and building culture) is what's important right now. ... just making the point that USF is awful and it will be nice playing conference games in the future where the opponents don't look like a team you schedule for a "buy game" in November.

Beat a team like USF, and it doesn't move the needle. Lose and not good. Again, yes, not really what matters right now. But I said what I said .... (also USF beat Temple 52-49 last night haha)
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 02-08-2022, 10:21 AM.

Comment

My prediction is that UC will be up by digits with about 10 minutes and then escape with a 2 point win.

Comment

Everyone pray USF doesn't break out the neon green Uni's for this one. Woof.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Btw, The correct name for the Sun Dome is now the Yuengling Center.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I know the Yuengling Center name change is fairly recent, but seeing "Sun Dome" immediately made me flash back to Seth Greenberg's USF teams in the CUSA days

Comment

Cincinnati.com article on David DeJulius https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...aa/6719743001/ ... Justin Williams also has a piece ($) on The Athletic

"When you're under a coach like Coach Wes Miller, who instills so much confidence in you, it makes you feel like you're on cloud nine as a player," DeJulius said. "I'm so appreciative to play for him, and I'm so appreciative just to play with each and every one of those guys in that locker room because they allow me to be me."

Comment

no picture
                    had t go out and back in

Comment

so far no interior defense - but plenty of fouls

Comment

OO showed what to do with the ball down low. You stuff it in the hole. You dont attempt a lay up. If anyone tries to block it, you take their hand into the hole too.

Comment

Davenport starts the game off with a Brick!

Comment

Im here to tell you that ESPN plus absolutely sucks. Every game broadcast on this format you have to tolerate the picture being distorted and then refocusing through out ball game.

Comment

I get good reception on firestick and not so much on Roku.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X