Game 29: UCF 2/23 ESPNU 9:00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    Leo, I watch quite a bit of college bball and Im sure your right that there's some teams that play sound ball. And that is why I don't watch pro ball (one of the reasons) lol! But Im a true UC bearcat fan and so I also don't watch / root for OSU solely for the grudge they continue to hold for losing to us twice for the championship. Talk about sour grapes and superiority complex issues. As a side note, I also don't watch UK bball. I have my own personal feelings about Calipari and why a school would hire him the be their coach that's better that I just keep to myself. But I would enjoy seeing that type of bball at UC again especially as we are headed into the big 12 but it don't look like the current staff isn't conducive to that.
    All I know is after watching this years team get man handled and destroyed basically in every facet, I want big strong athletes that get better at offense but are fierce defenders and rebounders. I dislike osu and wont ever even remotely watch uk, Calipari will get caught cheating again eventually but seems like guys like wade and pearl and some others get slaps on wrist for forking out hundreds of thousand of dollars to recruits, I remember Rubens Patterson's got 14 game suspension for a ham sandwich and a phone call. My how times have changed. Cincinnati fans are happy with ferocious defense and being the biggest strongest guys on court, let's get back to that please. No more unathletic supposeable shooters who are too small and cant shoot when they arrive and do nothing else besides Hoist up 3pt shots. Long strong fast athletic freaks will get u to tournament, **** undersized burly bears of the past. I remember hicks and maxiell being 6ft 6 and scoring down low and dunking everything. We have 5 7 footers who cant rebound much less make a layup and the only dunking is happening at the other end of the basket uc shoots on. Let's get back to bad boy basketball and guys who have chips on their shoulder please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
      Leo, I watch quite a bit of college bball and Im sure your right that there's some teams that play sound ball. And that is why I don't watch pro ball (one of the reasons) lol! But Im a true UC bearcat fan and so I also don't watch / root for OSU solely for the grudge they continue to hold for losing to us twice for the championship. Talk about sour grapes and superiority complex issues. As a side note, I also don't watch UK bball. I have my own personal feelings about Calipari and why a school would hire him the be their coach that's better that I just keep to myself. But I would enjoy seeing that type of bball at UC again especially as we are headed into the big 12 but it don't look like the current staff isn't conducive to that.
      most don't remember the early 60s so the OSU/UC is not that big. I am a Bearcat fan but I watch the buckeyes. I got a Grad degree at UK, but I don't care for them whatsoever. I think if the current staff could teach/require that low post play, we would have seen some evidence of it. We have seen nothing.

Comment

• I’m not sure how the extra Covid year works. For example, we have two grad transfers on the roster, are these guys eligible for the extra year? Is everybody? Are schools obligated to honor scholarships for those who choose to return? It seems that if the NCAA is allowing these guys extra seasons, perhaps they should temporarily allow 15 man rosters again, but I know that’s not the case. It should be an interesting off-season, unfortunately longer than we’re used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

most don't remember the early 60s so the OSU/UC is not that big. I am a Bearcat fan but I watch the buckeyes. I got a Grad degree at UK, but I don't care for them whatsoever. I think if the current staff could teach/require that low post play, we would have seen some evidence of it. We have seen nothing.
          Right? That's what I'm saying

Comment

• Originally posted by Fox19bearcatbounce View Post

All I know is after watching this years team get man handled and destroyed basically in every facet, I want big strong athletes that get better at offense but are fierce defenders and rebounders. I dislike osu and wont ever even remotely watch uk, Calipari will get caught cheating again eventually but seems like guys like wade and pearl and some others get slaps on wrist for forking out hundreds of thousand of dollars to recruits, I remember Rubens Patterson's got 14 game suspension for a ham sandwich and a phone call. My how times have changed. Cincinnati fans are happy with ferocious defense and being the biggest strongest guys on court, let's get back to that please. No more unathletic supposeable shooters who are too small and cant shoot when they arrive and do nothing else besides Hoist up 3pt shots. Long strong fast athletic freaks will get u to tournament, **** undersized burly bears of the past. I remember hicks and maxiell being 6ft 6 and scoring down low and dunking everything. We have 5 7 footers who cant rebound much less make a layup and the only dunking is happening at the other end of the basket uc shoots on. Let's get back to bad boy basketball and guys who have chips on their shoulder please.
            Personally I think you are living in the past. The game has evolved and changed, like it or not. You can't recruit, let alone coach, the kind of player you refer to from 20 years ago. Kids today are AAU spoiled and want to play an open offensive style like Wes is trying to play, he just doesn't have the horses to execute it yet. I would be thrilled with a power rebounder (Rodman style) that prefers rebounds to points but they just aren't out there anymore. I would also prefer a point guard that values assists over points! Anyone committed to running a team should be able to average 8 or so a game. We are lucky to get 8 as a team and have shoot first point guards. Give me one banger, one true point guard, and 3 gazelles on the wings and I'm all in.

Comment

• It seems like the players that you all want are the kind that Cronin recruited year after year. Over the past 10 years, you all complained that he could not get any 5 stars. Now you complain about players that are not coachable, that don't rebound, can't pass, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                It seems like the players that you all want are the kind that Cronin recruited year after year. Over the past 10 years, you all complained that he could not get any 5 stars. Now you complain about players that are not coachable, that don't rebound, can't pass, etc.
                Oh I don't want just the guys MC recruited, but I would like some who have basic fundamentals and that includes, dribbling, rebounding, scoring, defense, passing and court awareness. Give me a team of guys with most of those, but a couple with all of them . If they have those fundamentals, you know they are coachable.

Comment

Oh I don't want just the guys MC recruited, but I would like some who have basic fundamentals and that includes, dribbling, rebounding, scoring, defense, passing and court awareness. Give me a team of guys with most of those, but a couple with all of them . If they have those fundamentals, you know they are coachable.
                  Those that do them all are called 5 stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Those that do them all are called 5 stars.
                    I hate the star ranking system as 40 ppg high schoolers are called 5 stars and when they play college players with defensive skill they go down. I want basketball players with the desire to win at all costs and if they have that they will have the desire to improve.

Comment

I hate the star ranking system as 40 ppg high schoolers are called 5 stars and when they play college players with defensive skill they go down. I want basketball players with the desire to win at all costs and if they have that they will have the desire to improve.
                      You need warriors, like Gary Clark or Pete Mickeal or Cashmire Wright or Kenyon Martin, guys who refuse to lose. Those are the guys CWM is out there recruiting.

Comment

• I liked Eric Hicks ,

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X