Game 29: UCF 2/23 ESPNU 9:00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 29: UCF 2/23 ESPNU 9:00

Surprise! UCF is half a game ahead us in the standings despite an uneven season and has a virtually indentical record to UC at 16-9 . This game will probably decide who gets the 6 and 7th seed in the conference tournament, so there is something riding on it. What isn't uneven about the Knights is that they play well in Orlando. They have home losses to Temple and Houston in conference and that's it. All of their other conference losses were on the road. We have our work cut out for us but this is a very even game on paper except for the home court advantage

I haven't gone back to watch the first 10 minutes of Temple yet so, I don't know why we had a bad start but if we do that on the road, it's safe to say we're probably going to get blown out.

UCF has a very guard heavy offense and they rebound as a team which probably spells problems for UC. They can match height wise us inside with Diong and Reynolds. If Diong gets offense going it's going to be a long night. He's mostly a defender/rebounder.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2116
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

You know.. here's a thought. With all the recent struggles and talks about :"slow starts", what it the logic with putting the same starting five out there game after game after game.
    TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Seems to me ODY showed that he can score down deep.. why not start him with instructions to be extra aggressive on the offensive side.
    Likewise, MAW has done nothing of late to earn the start and playing time. Whether its MS, MM... again.... try something different. Sometimes giving someone else the chance
    to start sparks the new starter as well as giving the old starter some motivation to win that spot back. You know what they say... doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...

Comment

I know what you're saying but it's because of this stat pile. Specifically the Advanced section.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...vanced_players
      Last edited by Lobot; 02-22-2022, 10:55 AM.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Well.. thats a seasonal average and doesn't show what the recent trend is.. I'd bet if you took that table and say... limit it to the last 10 games or so... im guessing the results would like quite different.

Comment

The conference tab on the previously referenced table will give you the last 14 games.
          https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...vanced_players

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
            Well.. thats a seasonal average and doesn't show what the recent trend is.. I'd bet if you took that table and say... limit it to the last 10 games or so... im guessing the results would like quite different.
            You can also go to the stat group above that and for last 100 possessions and look at the Win Share stat (WS).
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Brandon Mahan will not play for UCF. He usually kills us so that’s a bit important.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Once again..the same starting five.. cause ... you know... we're on such a roll of late... wouldn't want to change anything up

Comment

Anyone else having issues watching the game through EPNS+....?

Comment

It’s not on the app. I hate ESPN

Comment

Why so many turnovers? It’s like every possession.

Comment

This team is an embarassment to the game of basketball.

Comment

That was a nice hand off there MM!

Comment

The should be wearing generic blank uniforms...

Comment

This team simply cannot pass the ball to their own teammates.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X