No announcement yet.

Game 30: South Florida 2/26 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notice the body language after that game costing inept defensive play. Did that make up for not knowing how to defend. Did that get a "hug" or a that's ok, its the coach's fault. Well that part it did. Something is just not right.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
      It appears to me Davenport was doing his normal undisciplined thing, not following the plan and being fundamentally atrocious. He has been out of system and out of control all year, both offensively and defensively, and has truly led to their dysfunction. My frustration, as with many of you, is why this hasn't been dealt with. I love Wes as a person and a leader but I have my concerns and only pray things evolve and improve going forward.
      I’ll just say this once. Mick Cronin didn’t offer JD.

Comment

There is something going on for sure on the team. You just don't go from point A to another point during the season without a reason. If there is a bad attitude, there are means to fix it. If it is coaching there are means to fix that too. If it is from a personal nature, then take the DD route and fix it that way. Whatever it is, I hope it gets fixed and the proper help is given. If it is personal conflict among the team/staff, who are the adults and who has the authority. I just know that it can't fester any longer. Saying wait till next year is what we said last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
          glad season almost over just found out my triglycerides are over 600!😳
          this season can't end soon enough!!!

Comment

Here's the company line. Wes Is taking the blame.

https://twitter.com/Williams_Justin/...481859/photo/1
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I agree that CWM passively aggressively blamed JD for the loss. But what really lost them the game was DDJ and JD shooting a combined 4-19 and 0-7 from 3. No team can win game when your only semi-reliable scoring options shoot so poorly.

Comment

This must be the new politically correct method of coaching. Zac Taylor does the same thing. Blamed JB for all the sacks because he held the ball too long instead of coming out and saying that Jonah williams a #1 draft, Carmen Jackson a #2
                and all the others can't block. They refuse to call out players
                who cant do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                  I agree that CWM passively aggressively blamed JD for the loss. But what really lost them the game was DDJ and JD shooting a combined 4-19 and 0-7 from 3. No team can win game when your only semi-reliable scoring options shoot so poorly.
                  In the box score you'll notice DeJulius +/- is a -9. When he does that we lose.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

when we don't rebound, pass, play defense, get down the defensive side of the court, dribble box out and put a hand in the face of a shooter , we also lose.
                    Last edited by leo from jersey; 02-27-2022, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• There's 2 main options of why everything fell on its face other than the players are not super talented, 1 is they are weak and dont listen, wm might be sick and tired of the laziness and lackluster selfish play and he finally went away with nice guy routine and busted some balls and players dont take constructive criticism well so they are playing uninspiring or wes plainly can not coach offense and defense at that matter but they are slightly better at team defense then offense. He is not micromanaging a team that needs a play called every single time down court and he isnt holding guys accountable for no box outs and poor shot selections. So they can come in Hoist shots and that's it. Which one is the main issue? Players u can find another home if they don't give u what u expect, but if it's the coaching, we're in for a long long next couple years. Clear out the players who cant play, learn that u need to hold guys accountable and learn from your coaching mistakes

Comment

• They have the same core of players from last year that had the same problem. I was hoping that Kyle Washington could teach them Bearcat toughness and some basic defense skills or that some of the transfer players from big schools could teach them.

Comment

• If it is KW's responsibility to increase the bball skills of the front court (player development) then perhaps the regression were seeing from players is on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                            If it is KW's responsibility to increase the bball skills of the front court (player development) then perhaps the regression were seeing from players is on him.
                            again we miss Chuck --

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                              when we don't rebound, pass, play defense, get down the defensive side of the court, dribble box out and put a hand in the face of a shooter , we also lose.
                              You can go over the last play again and again, and blame the loss on a lack of defense by one player, but if truth be told why are we tied, on our own court, with 5 seconds to play (forget it's senior night) by the worst team in the league. See Leo's list above, and the fact that unless unusually hot from 3 this team really has no offense. Like I've said - this season can't end soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard k. View Post

You can go over the last play again and again, and blame the loss on a lack of defense by one player, but if truth be told why are we tied, on our own court, with 5 seconds to play (forget it's senior night) by the worst team in the league. See Leo's list above, and the fact that unless unusually hot from 3 this team really has no offense. Like I've said - this season can't end soon enough.
                                let me repeat myself" when we don't rebound, pass, play defense, get down the defensive side of the court, dribble box out and put a hand in the face of a shooter , we also lose." any who watches the games can see that.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X