• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can say I did not see this coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
      I can say I did not see this coming.
      There has been much speculation and talk about that on tOSU boards. I hope he is well and when he won at tOSU he had very goods assistants, but he lost them and didn't replace with others on the same level. The folks at tOSU forums want him to take Holtman back with him to Butler.

Comment

• That may well be true but how long has Matta been out of coaching and the whole system?

Comment

• I'm just looking at this whole Sean Miller and Matta going to the Big East and thinking this is all going to fail spectacularly. They can both coach but usually when a coach returns to a former school, things go off a cliff fairly quickly.
          Last edited by Lobot; 04-05-2022, 09:28 AM.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            I'm just looking at this whole Sean Miller and Matta going on the Big East and thinking this is all going to fail spectacularly. They can both coach but usually when a coach returns to a former school, things go off a cliff fairly quickly.
            Let's hope this happens sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Could prove to be very entertaining when they each start to "outbid" each other for a specific recruit. They may need an auctioneer to assist in the proceedings, Lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                Could prove to be very entertaining when they each start to "outbid" each other for a specific recruit. They may need an auctioneer to assist in the proceedings, Lol!
                I don't believe Thad has any reputation for being shady on the recruiting trail. Quite the opposite.

Comment

• Longtime Michigan State assistant Dwayne Stephens to Western Michigan

Comment

• Fran Dunphy to LaSalle - Mr. Philadelphia!

Comment

• Cleveland State is hiring an Iowa State assistant

Elon's head coach resigned, expected to join Duke's staff

Comment

• Jonas Hayes -- of NIT Championship interim coach fame -- hired at Georgia State
                        https://georgiastatesports.com/news/...l-program.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          Fran Dunphy to LaSalle - Mr. Philadelphia!
                          I could have sworn he retired
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Sounds like Steve Lavin may return to coaching and take the San Diego job

Comment

• Old friend alert - former Cronin assistant Antwon Jackson will be on staff as an assistant at Murray State. He was most recently with ECU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                I'm just looking at this whole Sean Miller and Matta going to the Big East and thinking this is all going to fail spectacularly. They can both coach but usually when a coach returns to a former school, things go off a cliff fairly quickly.

Its my opinion that any and all infractions, sanctions, fines and penalties that accrue by a program because of the actions of the head coach (Miller) should be enforced and made to be paid by not just the school but follow the head coach and paid by him also even to the next coaching job. I dont see how firing him from one job for just cause to go to another job (making more money oftentimes) is any deterrent from abusing the system again.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X