No announcement yet.

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa is expected to finalize an agreement with Louisiana Tech coach Eric Konkol, sources told @Stadium

Comment

• LSU is looking at Grant McCasland from UNT per Brett Vito in Denton.

LSU is also looking at Matt McMahon at Murray St.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        LSU is looking at Grant McCasland from UNT per Brett Vito in Denton.

LSU is also looking at Matt McMahon at Murray St.
        Sounds like it is McMahon

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Sounds like it is McMahon
          the Athletic is saying it is
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
            Quote, Does it have a winning tradition? 2) Does it consistently get to the NCAA tournament? 3) Does the program have media exposure (TV coverage)? 4) This one is my own: Does a program generate NBA and overseas level talent? You can check yes for every box here for UC basketball. That is why I never understood why Cronin did not go after more accomplished players. I am sure that if someone asked him about his recruitment practices while at Cincinnati, he would have his reasons why. At this point, does anybody care. Unquote

#1 When Cronin was here he was fresh from bringing the program from the dregs so the programs recent history as a winner was nonexistent at that time. #2 he, as a coach wasn't established as a consistent winner either, not one of instant known name and playing in a mediocre conference, so getting recruits to come to UC at that time was almost futile at that point in time and he realized this. He obtained instant prestige just from those four letters U C L A and now could immediately compete in recruiting. There are some schools that dont have to recruit all they have to do is filter through resumes of the kids wanting to come play for them. Duke, Gonzaga, some others to name a few.
            I agree with you Rufus. However, how do you explain Brannen coming in and in his second year bringing in a 4 star recruit (Tari Eason, who likely will get drafted by the NBA), highly recruited Zack Harvey and another 4 star transfer (David DeJulius)? Also, Cronin recruited out of the Big East. At that time the Big East was considered the BEST conference in college basketball. I am still of the belief that Cronin could have brought in better players had he gone after them. In this world, I think that we get what we SETTLE for. Cronin settled for lesser players and that is what he got.

Comment

• This thread is about the 2022 college basketball coaching changes and related news. Why are we debating past tenures of UC coaches?

Comment

This thread is about the 2022 college basketball coaching changes and related news. Why are we debating past tenures of UC coaches?
                Still a lot of deep wounds is my guess.

Comment

This thread is about the 2022 college basketball coaching changes and related news. Why are we debating past tenures of UC coaches?
                  That is where the flow went.

Comment

• Well let’s fix it. Jerome Tang to to K State
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Now that X has shown that they do not care about integrity, who will S. Miller have on his staff? Do you think that he will bring Mack back as an assistant?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        Now that X has shown that they do not care about integrity, who will S. Miller have on his staff? Do you think that he will bring Mack back as an assistant?
                        Chris Mack is getting too much money from Louisville to be an assistant, I'd imagine. He should probably take the year off and revisit next spring.

Comment

• ESPN and perhaps others reporting that Lamont Paris (Chattanooga) to South Carolina

Comment

• Jeff Goodman:

BREAKING: Tim Jankovich is out at SMU, source told @Stadium. UNT’s Grand McCasland is the leader to replace Jankovich.

Goodman later adds that Jankovich is retiring and that McCasland is not a slam dunk/sure thing.
                            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-22-2022, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Jankovich retires from SMU !

Comment

We are just having fun talking college basketball. That's all. Have a good one.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X