No announcement yet.

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I can get behind that. You have to mete out punishment to both parties. Sometimes you have serial violators as coaches like Larry Brown, Steve Lavin, Jim Harrick etc. and sometimes the program is the serial violator. Louisville and Memphis come to mind.

Then there are the programs and coaches that you know are cheating and don't get caught because they're not subject to public record requests.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Wishful thinking, we know it will never happen though.

Comment

• [Then there are the programs and coaches that you know are cheating and don't get caught because they're not subject to public record requests.[/QUOTE]

That also applies to players that play for private schools. If it does get reported at all, it comes up as a youthful misjudgment. In those cases, the charges are either buried, dismissed, or reduced. The punishment always seems to be a game or two during the preseason portion of the schedule against no-nothing schools.

Comment

• S. Miller adds Adam Cohen to the staff. Cohen, I believe has ties to x and so I suspect that he has the "recruiting" nack of the rest of them.

Report: Xavier coach Sean Miller adds Stanford's Adam Cohen as associate head coach (yahoo.com)
          This is a key addition for a number of reasons. First, Cohen could have to serve as Xavier's interim head coach for a number of games next season if Miller gets handed a suspension when the Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP) finalizes its investigation into alleged NCAA infractions from Miller's time at Arizona.

Comment

• "S. Miller adds Adam Cohen to the staff. Cohen, I believe has ties to x and so I suspect that he has the "recruiting" nack of the rest ofthem."

"Recruiting Knack" Is that what they call it over there at that other school?

Comment

• "Recruiting Knack" - I believe that you caught my gist. I believe that coaches surround themselves with likeminded people. The takeaway from the article for me was that S Miller may be suspended from some early meaningless games this coming season. Something that you do not hear from the local cheerleaders in the press.

Comment

• Danny Manning - formerly the Wake Forest coach and most recently a Maryland assistant / interim head coach -- joining the new Louisville staff as an assistant

Comment

• Villanova's Jay Wright is retiring, first reported by Shams Charania.

Also from Shams: Fordham University coach Kyle Neptune is expected to be the choice to succeed two-time NCAA champion Jay Wright as the new head coach of Villanova, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-20-2022, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• ^Wow, this is late in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      Villanova's Jay Wright is retiring, first reported by Shams Charania.

Also from Shams: Fordham University coach Kyle Neptune is expected to be the choice to succeed two-time NCAA champion Jay Wright as the new head coach of Villanova, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
                      I wonder if he decided that he didn't want to deal with free agency and the recruiting ramifications of NIL.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I wonder if he decided that he didn't want to deal with free agency and the recruiting ramifications of NIL.
                        Or he decided that basketball takes a lot out of a person and cheats him of time with family. The man is financially set. He is 60 and has accomplished great things, enough to likely earn Hall of Fame. I'm sure the one and transfer wild west time of NIL is frustrating to many coaches; however, I don't believe 'Nova had too many defections.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Kyle Neptune was officially announced this morning
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Definitely won't be a plus when shopping a new tv deal. He's probably the most important single person associated with the conference.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X