No announcement yet.

American Conference Tournament 2022

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viktor Lakhin needs to stay here for his own safety unless he can transfer inside the NCAA or has a relative in the States that can take him in. I don't want to get into the politics of it but he would most likely become a conscript in the war if he went home. This is a similar situation as we had with David Nyarsuk a few years back where he couldn't go home to Sudan safely after his career ended at UC.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Viktor Lakhin needs to stay here for his own safety unless he can transfer inside the NCAA or has a relative in the States that can take him in. I don't want to get into the politics of it but he would most likely become a conscript in the war if he went home. This is a similar situation as we had with David Nyarsuk a few years back where he couldn't go home to Sudan safely after his career ended at UC.
      I hope he stays, and really spends time with MR to get stronger and more athletic.

Comment

• It honestly wouldn't surprise me if everyone stayed or if as many as 6 left. I think Wes has created a great family atmosphere that all the guys really like, plus I think they like each other. It comes down to staying in that environment or leaving for more playing time. Not sure Wes has the heart to advise some to leave or pull their scholly but that probably is going to come into play. Not sure the status of Banks or Mcginnis, or the mindset of Hensley, Madsen and Lakhin. Also not sure Anthony stays if he doesn't get a scholly. I tend to think DD will come back also. Clearly somebody is leaving if Neuman and DD come back.
        I hate to be cruel but 2 transfers that can help are badly needed or our rebuild probably takes another year, so we need to make room for them.
        I can see Tolentino red shirting. Does he then count against your scholly limit? That move would probably be contingent on a big man transfer otherwise we might not have enough boddies.
        I really see Vik and Hensley as big contributors in our future and both could have 3 more years if they want them. Mcginnis was such a small sample size to evaluate but he looks promising as well. I really hope those 3 stay.

Comment

• Banks was/is injured and was not guaranteed a scholly next year. If he’s still hurt you ask for a medical hardship waiver and let him stay in school to graduate.

Madsen should probably leave if he wants playing time. I’m not for pushing guys out the door at all but he’s going to get recruited over.

Lakhin and Hensley should stay. I think both can be very good in time. Having an actual full off season with Rehfeldt would be a good thing for the entire team.

I expect Newman back. We need a glue guy and he’s it.

I really don’t know what to expect with DeJulius. He’s our best player but I have no idea where his mindset is at this point as far as returning goes.

Ado and Koval are gone for sure so there’s two spots.

Tolentino could redshirt but to answer your question he does take up a scholarship even if he doesn’t play.

McGinnis is a puzzle. He was hurt and then didn’t play. No one would address it. I’m pretty sure they were trying to get a medical redshirt here.

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• If the NCAA is allowing Covid years, they should temporarily allow scholarship limits to expand back to 15. A lot of HS Seniors out there may be denied a scholarship if guys take the extra year. The two extra spots could only be used by Covid guys returning.

Comment

• Lobot, I think your synopsis is as accurate as anyone can can determine at this point. I'm really torn on DDJ's future. I really appreciate what he's meant for this team these past two years. He was definitely our best player this year, but I dont think there's room for him, MAW, and MS, Skillings and Reed. If MM does portal up, Torentino will secure the 3rd available scholly. I'm almost inclined to push MAW out if DDJ decides to stay so I kind of hope he pursues a career outside of UC so that we can grab some help under the rim. I like MAW but he just is no scoring threat and I get so upset when he drives and throws up a prayer without obtaining a called foul. He was cool and collected his first two years here and that was impressive but hes just forcing things on the attempt to get this share of points. His turnovers this year soared also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Banks was/is injured and was not guaranteed a scholly next year. If he’s still hurt you ask for a medical hardship waiver and let him stay in school to graduate.

Madsen should probably leave if he wants playing time. I’m not for pushing guys out the door at all but he’s going to get recruited over.

Lakhin and Hensley should stay. I think both can be very good in time. Having an actual full off season with Rehfeldt would be a good thing for the entire team.

I expect Newman back. We need a glue guy and he’s it.

I really don’t know what to expect with DeJulius. He’s our best player but I have no idea where his mindset is at this point as far as returning goes.

Ado and Koval are gone for sure so there’s two spots.

Tolentino could redshirt but to answer your question he does take up a scholarship even if he doesn’t play.

McGinnis is a puzzle. He was hurt and then didn’t play. No one would address it. I’m pretty sure they were trying to get a medical redshirt here.

DDJ has given this team all he has with very little help. I’d love to have him back, but at this point if he wants to get paid I certainly understand.

Comment

• Re; McGinnis above - I don't know his situation and what the current rules are. But you used to be able to redshirt if you played a minimal # of games. I seem to recall Jeremiah Davis III getting hurt in his maybe sophomore year and he could've played but was not in the rotation and they tried to preserve his redshirt eligibility by milking the injury. At least that's my memory/perception... feels like a redshirt isn't as big of a deal now with the extra COVID year. But seeing how some guys have played a 5th or 6th year, might as well try if you're interested in staying in school.

Comment

• So, today was the last college game for Abdul Ado and Hayden Koval. I’d like to thank them for coming here in a tough year and giving all they had for the Bearcats. Also, a very special thanks to Sam Martin, who gave so much of himself for so little game time. Once a Bearcat, always a Bearcat. Good luck guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I think this TEAM is better than lasts years.. The Team last year quit towards the end...
                      They didn’t quit. They made it to the conference finals.
                      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Lost to Houston 91-54, and the game wasn’t really that close.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          So, today was the last college game for Abdul Ado and Hayden Koval. I’d like to thank them for coming here in a tough year and giving all they had for the Bearcats. Also, a very special thanks to Sam Martin, who gave so much of himself for so little game time. Once a Bearcat, always a Bearcat. Good luck guys.
                          Ado and Koval had their share of frustrating moments this season (as did everyone else) but they both played a large role in our (near) elite 2pt-FG% defense. Both seemed like very high character individuals as well.

Sam Martin has been first class in every way, shape, and form since he arrived on campus and has definitely etched his place into UC walk-on legend status along with Meacham and Meeker. Crazy to think that he played with Kyle Washington who is now 28.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

I understand they made it to the finals...and against Houston I felt they gave up/quit in that game... I felt that way in several games that year... I feel many of those players, couldn't wait to hit the portal and wanted the season just to end.... Just my opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Re; McGinnis above - I don't know his situation and what the current rules are. But you used to be able to redshirt if you played a minimal # of games. I seem to recall Jeremiah Davis III getting hurt in his maybe sophomore year and he could've played but was not in the rotation and they tried to preserve his redshirt eligibility by milking the injury. At least that's my memory/perception... feels like a redshirt isn't as big of a deal now with the extra COVID year. But seeing how some guys have played a 5th or 6th year, might as well try if you're interested in staying in school.
                              From what I am reading, if he played 1 minute of a game he would need a medical redshirt or else his eligibility for this year would be used up by one minute in one game. However I believe he could possibly gain a medical hardship waiver but who knows until he tries or school tries.

Comment

• White out with an injury early in the Houston-Tulane game. Figures.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X