Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fox19bearcatbounce View Post
    Kentucky gets beat in ot!
    I know, Im still grinning. Its not right but I get such glee seeing Calipari upset.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      So is it 3 or 4 teams out for the b1g now?
      Rutgers lost in Dayton.
      Indiana won in Dayton but lost yesterday
      Iowa lost yesterday.
      Michigan won yesterday.

Still to play: Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, OSU, Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Said on the Saint Mary's - Indiana broadcast that Logan Johnson and Mick Cronin connected yesterday or today. They will face off Saturday if UCLA is able to hold off Akron.
        Eliel Nsoseme took a picture with Cronin and posted it to social yesterday. He went down with an injury vs. Gonzaga about 8 minutes into the game. I missed that portion of the game and didn't see what happened to him. Without him, Georgia St didn't have enough inside presence and got blitzed in the second half.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

I know, Im still grinning. Its not right but I get such glee seeing Calipari upset.
          I do too, it's a wonderfull day when cal and ky get beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Eliel Nsoseme took a picture with Cronin and posted it to social yesterday. He went down with an injury vs. Gonzaga about 8 minutes into the game. I missed that portion of the game and didn't see what happened to him. Without him, Georgia St didn't have enough inside presence and got blitzed in the second half.
            https://twitter.com/GeorgiaStateMBB/...328768/photo/1

Comment

I think some fairness needs to be inserted into this "First Four" thing. IU had to play late Tuesday night in Dayton, then fly cross country to Portland to play on Thursday. Exacerbating the situation was a snafu with their charter flight. One could tell they didn't have their legs yesterday (plus St. Mary's was on a 10-day rest due to their earlier conference tournament).

Notre Dame has a similar situation; they played past midnight in Dayton and then had to fly to San Diego where they play an afternoon game.

I'd like to see a change that would at least get the "Four" teams closer to their actual first round site.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                I think some fairness needs to be inserted into this "First Four" thing. IU had to play late Tuesday night in Dayton, then fly cross country to Portland to play on Thursday. Exacerbating the situation was a snafu with their charter flight. One could tell they didn't have their legs yesterday (plus St. Mary's was on a 10-day rest due to their earlier conference tournament).

Notre Dame has a similar situation; they played past midnight in Dayton and then had to fly to San Diego where they play an afternoon game.

I'd like to see a change that would at least get the "Four" teams closer to their actual first round site.
                I saw quite a few pundits yesterday that agree with you on this. IU basically had 36 hours to get to Portland.

From Inside the Hall.com

“First ten minutes, I didn’t think we were great defensively,” St. Mary’s head coach Randy Bennett said postgame. “After that, we did. I think we wore them down, and I think all the factors came into play with them playing Tuesday and having to travel.”

It was true. It was Indiana’s fifth game in the span of a week. The Hoosiers were tasked with a cross-country trip after defeating Wyoming on Tuesday, and it wasn’t an easy one. Their flight was delayed three hours on top of the already-lengthy five-hour flight to Portland. Then, Indiana had to play No. 5 seed Saint Mary’s just about 36 hours later.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Man watching the tourney yesterday (Thursday) brought out some of the "what could have been"s. Logan Johnson for St. Mary's, Nsoseme for Georgia St. and of course Tari Eason

Comment

I saw quite a few pundits yesterday that agree with you on this. IU basically had 36 hours to get to Portland.

From Inside the Hall.com

“First ten minutes, I didn’t think we were great defensively,” St. Mary’s head coach Randy Bennett said postgame. “After that, we did. I think we wore them down, and I think all the factors came into play with them playing Tuesday and having to travel.”

It was true. It was Indiana’s fifth game in the span of a week. The Hoosiers were tasked with a cross-country trip after defeating Wyoming on Tuesday, and it wasn’t an easy one. Their flight was delayed three hours on top of the already-lengthy five-hour flight to Portland. Then, Indiana had to play No. 5 seed Saint Mary’s just about 36 hours later.
                    Yep... I'd also note that when UC beat Kansas State five years ago in Sacramento, Kansas State made the trip from Dayton out west. It was not pretty for IU last night, as the guys looked completely gassed.

Comment

Pundits are only now talking about the play-in game travels because it was Indiana and ND. You typically get the Kent States of the world in those play-in games.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        Pundits are only now talking about the play-in game travels because it was Indiana and ND. You typically get the Kent States of the world in those play-in games.
                        I don't believe a MAC school has ever played in one of these. There are always two games involving at-large teams usually consisting of "power" conference schools or high level mid-majors. Last year (in Indiana) there was a UCLA-Michigan State game.

2019 the two major teams had to go to Tulsa and Jacksonville
                        2018 the two major teams had to go DETROIT and Dallas

All of these are more reasonable than going to Portland (IU) and San Diego (ND). If Wyoming had beaten IU, they would have flown from Wyoming to Dayton and then back out west. IU had to play at 7:30 last night after a 9:30 game two days earlier. Notre Dame has a 4:15 game today after finishing a 2OT game on Wednesday around midnight.

Seems like a lot for anyone.
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-18-2022, 03:53 PM.

Comment

^^ I am not disagreeing with you. It just seems that there is more chatter around the travel. I agree that the committee should place the winners in a bracket closer to Dayton. Also, there were a lot of close games today and some scares. The first half of a few of them were nearly even.

Comment

TCU advances to the 2nd round for the first time in 35 years
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

TCU advances to the 2nd round for the first time in 35 years
                              Pitt, meanwhile, has not had a winning season since Dixon left

Comment

Since most of my wish list teams lost the past two days (some by close scores), here are my game wishes for today: Memphis, New Mexico St, Richmond, St. Peters, St. Mary's, Baylor, Kansas, Tenn.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X