No announcement yet.

2022 NCAA Tournament Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNC, after spoiling Coach K’s last home game, is about to upset #1 seed Baylor to make the Sweet 16. Can put your Wes Miller to UNC anxiety aside for now.

May have spoke to soon. Baylor making a big comeback.
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-19-2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

The Memphis Tigers are giving the Zags all they can handle, although Gonzaga has rallied from down ten at the half, cutting it to 57-55 at 10:21. Duren and Williams each with four fouls.

Comment

Not a Memphis fan, but they were brutalized by the refs. Officiating has stunk for the whole tournament.

Comment

Houston is looking very groovy (athletic) today.

Comment

Houston did Houston things. My bracket is not great this year, but felt good about my Houston over Illinois pick.

Another disappointing run for Illinois, who lost in the second round as a #1 last year and a #4 this year. Still can't believe UC beat them (and badly). Also, Arkansas who UC almost beat into the Sweet 16.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Houston did Houston things. My bracket is not great this year, but felt good about my Houston over Illinois pick.

Another disappointing run for Illinois, who lost in the second round as a #1 last year and a #4 this year. Still can't believe UC beat them (and badly). Also, Arkansas who UC almost beat into the Sweet 16.
              Houston got a huge assist from the refs on that ticky-tack technical for hanging on the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

Houston got a huge assist from the refs on that ticky-tack technical for hanging on the rim.
                Game wasn’t rally close at the end. Houston can turn a close game into a blowout faster than anybody. We’ve seen it.

Comment

Houston should be commended for their season considering they lost 2 of their best players for the year. Good for them to overcome. Also lends a little cred to how the Bearcats played them the last two times.

Of obvious note when watching the tourney, once again its not the number of 3's taken its the quality of the 3. The good teams take as many 3's but they generate them inside out, kick outs from the post or kicks outs from the drive. Those usually result in relatively uncontested shots as opposed to the lesser teams and schemes where guys dribble dribble dribble then selfishly jack up a contested 3 which more often than not was our problem this year. Drive and dish PG and a low post option could generate a 10% improvement easily in our 3 point shooting. I hope those options present themselves next year.

Comment

Is the Big Ten headed to be the first conference out? After tonight, Michigan may be the only team left of the nine in the tourney, and they're a bubble team (or close to it). Last year only Michigan made it to the Sweet Sixteen, of the 9 Big Ten teams selected last year.
                    Last edited by Carin's Dad; 03-20-2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Sweet 16:

Gonzaga/Arkansas
                      Duke/Texas Tech

UNC/UCLA
                      Purdue/Saint Peter's

Arizona/Houston
                      Villanova/Michigan

Kansas/Providence
                      Miami/Iowa State

Comment

Houston is so dang impressive. Getting ready to bounce #1 Arizona.

Arkansas, which UC nearly beat, is in the Elite 8 after knocking off #1 Gonzaga.

Villanova over Michigan.

Duke survives TTU and the Coach K farewell tour lives on.

Comment

Final: UH 72, AZ 60. What idiots among the committee thought the Cougars were worthy of a lousy #5 seed?

Comment

If last weekend did not bust people's brackets, this weekend will.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              If last weekend did not bust people's brackets, this weekend will.
                              I have two brackrets out there in various pools. Pending tonight's games, I have Purdue left. And that's it. Worst Bracket I've ever done I think.
                              Last edited by Lobot; 03-25-2022, 10:06 AM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                                Final: UH 72, AZ 60. What idiots among the committee thought the Cougars were worthy of a lousy #5 seed?
                                I believe that the perception is that Houston plays in the AAC and that they are not on TV so nobody sees them play. What idiots among the committee thought that the B1G were worthy of 9 teams?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X