Maui

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
    Some of our bloggers suggest that UC has a bunch of mid-major players. I disagree. Most of the players on this team can go to other high-major programs and fit in. They may not start, but they would probably play. What we have at UC is a MID-MAJOR COACHING STAFF. The systems that they have in place are NOT working. What is more puzzling is that either they are not aware that their systems are NOT working, or they are in denial. They expect to get different results by doing the same thing over again. Is that NOT insane or what? If something is NOT working, try something else. I really do not understand what Wes Miller's strategy is. What the %$#& is the guy doing? If you look at his background, you will see that he ONLY has small school coaching experience. He only has low-major conference experience. Also, it appears that he is a very stubborn in that his thought processes seems to be, let's keep on doing what we are doing and we will eventually get better at it. What is he doing that is different from last year? It is too bad that the school and the fans are stuck with this guy for a while. I really do believe that you must give a man a chance to be successful. However, it appears that they were better last year. I have never seen a coach in ANY sport not be willing to make adjustments when things go wrong. Doesn't Miller see what is wrong with his system? If he does, why doesn't he do something about it? That is the thing that I do NOT understand. Does anyone have an explanation of why Miller does NOT change what is wrong? Maybe the administration hired the wrong guy.
    He is too busy bonding with JD on the sideline.

Comment

• Oh for one guard who can see the floor, anticipate movement, not over dribble and not hesitate with a pass. It might take awhile for the rest of the team to catch on (pun intended) as nobody is used to normal guard play.

Comment

• Can Jizzle James reclassify and play now.

Comment

• I am as critical, or more, than anyone who follows Cincinati basketball. I am kind of selfish. I want them to win every game. So far, Maui has been somewhat disappointing. Nevertheless, the basketball team still has one more game to play. Let's all think positive. They should be, at least, ONE point better than Louisville. Let's hope that they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
            Some of our bloggers suggest that UC has a bunch of mid-major players. I disagree. Most of the players on this team can go to other high-major programs and fit in. They may not start, but they would probably play. What we have at UC is a MID-MAJOR COACHING STAFF. The systems that they have in place are NOT working. What is more puzzling is that either they are not aware that their systems are NOT working, or they are in denial. They expect to get different results by doing the same thing over again. Is that NOT insane or what? If something is NOT working, try something else. I really do not understand what Wes Miller's strategy is. What the %$#& is the guy doing? Think about this for a minute: Ohio State, with a bunch of freshman players, blew Cincinnati out by 28 points. Wes Miller is NOT a big-time college basketball coach. Maybe one day he will get there, but right now he is a long way off. Enough said.
            Our players go into lulls/skids and we don't have that one great player who can stop a skid and turn their teammates around a bit. We have a team full of good players, great supporting cast members if we had that one dynamic great player. Keith Williams was supposed to be that player his senior year. I think Wes hoped Nolley or DeJulius would be that player this year, and they simply aren't. The one player who shows flashes of that is Vik. If he could develop a near automatic 8-10 foot jump shot to compliment his drive and down low hook shots, he could be a 20 point per game player next year. Unfortunately, we don't have that player ready to be "The Guy" this year, and that is only partially on coaching development. The scheme and coaching is not the problem. Mick left this program better than he found it, and Brannen did not. Wes is recruiting better and really, this is his year one since he joined in late spring last year.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• ESPN.com showing UC a 7.5 favorite tonight. Need the win/can't lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                ESPN.com showing UC a 7.5 favorite tonight. Need the win/can't lose.
                The Cardinals won't bully inside as the Buckeyes did .tOSU held a 42-29 edge in rebounding and outscored UC 27-16 in second chance points. I don't see U of L capable of doing that although I could be wrong.
                Last edited by leo from jersey; 11-23-2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• I would hope we win, but? at this point I do not feel confident to call any game a sure thing.

Comment

• KenPom #s mid-afternoon yesterday: Cincinnati 67, Louisville 138

KenPom #s this morning: Cincinnati 81, Louisville 154

UC is outside the top 100 in adjusted defensive efficiency (111)

Comment

• Between DDJ, Nolley, JD, and MAW you have to have one to come out to be the leader/ floor general of the group, to corral everyone in, take a breath and to get refocused. DDJ is the logical choice but I'm afraid He's more focused on his grad year numbers for his resume now that he's playing off the ball. JD has been that person in the past but he's relented to Nolley taking over the job, as he is the teams leading scorer. To JD the team leader in scoring is the logical choice for team lead. MAW is not going to be a vocal team leader and Nolley seems to be content to be the leader by example as to not overstep some boundaries. We have a team that's not playing coordinated ball, only playing to showcase themselves. You watch them play and it's Helter skelter and that's on the coaching staff. Miller once said that as the coach at UNC Greensboro it took him a few years to figure out we what works and what don't. So we have this to look forward to until he figures things out again.

Comment

• Is now a bad time to mention that NKU is taking home 8th place in the Gulf Coast Showcase (with losses to FGCU, UT Arlington, and Toledo)?

So that is 2-4 with wins over UC-Clermont, and UC-Uptown.
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-23-2022, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• The lack of creativity and movement on offense continues to be stunning. Way too much dribbling, 1 vs 1, with an occasional pick and pop or roll thrown in. You cannot be successful long term (not just a hot shooting night from JD or Nolley) when playing basketball. I will say as hard as this team was to watch, the thing I noticed last night was that Skillings tries to get to the basket and that was encouraging. Reed also seems to not settle for bad shots and looks to attack. Vik is also coming along, and his teammates need to utilize him more frequently. We lost both games because we allowed way too many easy FG's for our opposition, and we create very, very few. Wes knows a lot more than me, but we absolutely need to overhaul the offensive tendencies of JD to jack up early 3's, or DD to over dribble and then fire up a difficult step back. Long season, time to turn it around.

Comment

• Although there are only a few that remain from the last regime, they actually played harder then than what they do now. If a player is not performing to the staffs expectations, then you bench him, regardless of f his stature. You play the people who are going to operate as your teaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black and Red Attack View Post
                              The lack of creativity and movement on offense continues to be stunning. Way too much dribbling, 1 vs 1, with an occasional pick and pop or roll thrown in. You cannot be successful long term (not just a hot shooting night from JD or Nolley) when playing basketball. I will say as hard as this team was to watch, the thing I noticed last night was that Skillings tries to get to the basket and that was encouraging. Reed also seems to not settle for bad shots and looks to attack. Vik is also coming along, and his teammates need to utilize him more frequently. We lost both games because we allowed way too many easy FG's for our opposition, and we create very, very few. Wes knows a lot more than me, but we absolutely need to overhaul the offensive tendencies of JD to jack up early 3's, or DD to over dribble and then fire up a difficult step back. Long season, time to turn it around.
                              I saw Vik do a pick and roll but by the time MAW saw it and reacted it was too late and the opportunity was missed - as was MAW's shot

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                                Although there are only a few that remain from the last regime, they actually played harder then than what they do now. If a player is not performing to the staffs expectations, then you bench him, regardless of f his stature. You play the people who are going to operate as your teaching.
                                It is hard to bench someone when your actions is rubbing his head on the sideline.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X