Secret Scrimmages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like UC lost to Ohio.

BCJ podcast around 75 min mark or so there is very brief discussion.

Comment

That's not a very good sign for a first outing

Comment

I have a theory. Team defense will suffer in general for any school that brings in lots of transfers. Team defense requires communication and knowing what your teammates will do in a given situation. Due to the portal, you've got guys trying to figure it out still when the season starts.

It's backwards from what we're used to from the Cronin days where the defense got installed first and transfers into the program were somewhat rare.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Per Chad Brendel on the bird app, uc played 12, ou only played their best 7, and they may have been planned to play 3 periods but ou wanted to stop when ahead after 2. So I'd suspect we treated it as a super-practice and they went at it more like a game. Wouldn't get too stressed yet.

Comment

Coach briefly touched on it at his presser.. said it was productive and he was very upbeat about it.

Comment

Where is Ohio U picked to finish?

Comment

I said last year that we had MAC talent. It’s gonna take time to rebuild.
                My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                  I said last year that we had MAC talent. It’s gonna take time to rebuild.
                  Considering this was just a SCRIMMAGE, I don't think you can make much out of it.

Comment

People. I know we are all anxious for some real news about the team and very hungry for a winner. Let us wait until we see them ourselves as they play in the regular season. Then we can make comments based on what we see. I know I want news, news and more news, but until the opening tip, we won't be getting much. Go Cats

Comment

I'm more interested in how they do against Purdue frankly.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        I am interested in Houston after the last few beat downs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Yep, and from what I read elsewhere it was supposed to go 3 periods and Ohio called it after 2 due to fatigue. Sounds like they played a 7 man rotation, and we played everyone. Hey, we lost to AIA in our final four year in the preseason. Not a good barometer of anything. I think both of OU's top scorers were transfers.

Comment

What I took from CWM on this secret scrimmage was that it was an opportunity to work on defensive and offensive player combos and situations.

Comment

Although it is just the preseason, I am NOT convinced that Wes Miller is that good of a defensive coach. He now has the players to really win some games. However, winning consists of being able to stop somebody. If you have studied Miller's past teams at UNCG, they have not shown this capability at high levels. Also, if you checked out Miller's press briefing (printed 10/18/22), NOT once did he discuss rebounding. I really like Wes Miller. I really do. He is very good at establishing relationships with his players. I wonder about his prep work and his ability to do the X's and O's. Regardless, that it is preseason, this team has some serious talent. They should NOT be getting upset by Ohio U in practice games if the coach is for real. Nuff said. Good luck to UC basketball on the season.

Comment

I get what you're saying Lee but we've been upset by worse teams in scrimmages and exhibitions in the past with better defensive coaches. First game action against someone other than themselves. It's a bit like preseason NFL where you're trying to find what fits and who's going to play well together so you play everyone a little bit. On to Purdon't
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X