No announcement yet.

Secret Scrimmages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed-this is the sort of thing that happens when one side treats it as a game and the other as a chance to practice against new opposition. I also remember the Athletes in Action loss in an actual exhibition in public, and that worked out ok. interested to see what the year will bring.

Comment

Wes is the second coming of Roy Williams. A soft spoken class act who is loved by his players and respected by all. He is a great representative of UC and a tremendous face for the program. Having said that, he like Roy, never advocated the kind of defense UC is known for. Their best approach to defense was always to score more than the other team. Going forward, I would expect us to continue to recruit long athletic kids who can put the ball in the hole and have the athleticism to react to defensive breakdowns. I would hope that we incorporate full court pressure to speed up the game and take advantage of our athleticism. I believe the days of us being one of the leaders in points allowed are gone and expect more 85-75 type scores than 65-60. I welcome the change and the approach of offensive athletes rather than defensive athletes who can't shoot. Perhaps a better balance of the two would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
        Agreed-this is the sort of thing that happens when one side treats it as a game and the other as a chance to practice against new opposition. I also remember the Athletes in Action loss in an actual exhibition in public, and that worked out ok. interested to see what the year will bring.
        I remember the year we lost a real game at home to Presbyterian, but went to the Sweet 16 at the end of the year. The scrimmage really means nothing.

Comment

For those interested, Ohio U was picked #5 in the preseason MAC poll

MAC Preseason Poll:
          1. Kent State (6) 135
          2. Toledo (4) 131
          3. Akron (2) 127
          4. Ball State 94
          5. Ohio 91
          6. Buffalo 82
          7. Eastern Michigan 68
          8. Western Michigan 66
          9. Bowling Green 42
          10. Central Michigan 38
          11. Miami 36
          12. Northern Illinois 25

Comment

Purdue beat UC 77-64, according to local PU reporter
            https://www.jconline.com/story/sport...r/69601809007/

Comment

Phinisee one point, that’s disappointing.

Comment

Two players fouling out isn't a good sign either. This may be a good loss in time to focus on the start of the season. May be the purpose of these secret scrimmages. But what do I know! 🥴

Comment

Louisville -- a Maui Invitational participant -- lost to a D2 team today in an exhibition game, 57-47

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                    Louisville -- a Maui Invitational participant -- lost to a D2 team today in an exhibition game, 57-47
                    Also, per goodman, Xavier was EASILY handled by Vanderbilt

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X