No announcement yet.

Northern Kentucky 11/16 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every time a certain guard drove to the basket out of control I screamed NOOOO!! at the TV. My wife now claims permanent hearing loss after that performance.

Play the freshmen, accept the mistakes early on.

Comment

• We've got two guys out there on the regular that don't know what a good shot is.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• You would have to go back 40 years to Tony Yates year one to see a lousier half of basketball than what these guys did last night.
        Last edited by bearcated; 11-17-2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          We've got two guys out there on the regular that don't know what a good shot is.
          I believe that they think that any shot is a good shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
            His teams at the end were far more talented. This team is more like Mick’s early teams that were losing to Memphis by 40+. CWM has already proven to be a better recruiter than Mick, he just needs more time.

I'm afraid we don't have that kind of time. Miller is always stating that he looks at getting better every practice. As I see it no one is including the coaches. Everyone of the regulars have regressed back to the old habits from last season. Vik is still traveling and fouling, MAW is still driving into no man's land looking for the rim, JD still can't defend. Phinesse was recruited for his defense and that little 5' 8" NKU ran circles around him and everyone else they tried to put on him. They said Phinesee was a clutch, go to shooter and we haven''t seen it yet. No one has gotten better and the transfer portal gained us nothing. We shipped one pouter out and brought another one in. We're going to get beat to death in the B12.
            Last edited by Rufus; 11-17-2022, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• I'm just going to make this last comment and then I'm done with this game. I think Millers rotation system as it being used is not working. He's puting guys in to give them playing time and to keep them from hitting the portal. When Kalu comes in he's trying to win the starting job in the few minutes he's given each game. Start the best five ball players and sub only to give guys a breathe. Basketball is a game of runs and it's hard to get into a rhythm when your out there in 6 minutes or less spurts. Or as someone else has said play the recruits and take the lumps. We know what we have in the so called five starters now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

I'm afraid we don't have that kind of time. Miller ....We're going to get beat to death in the B12.
                Would a coaching change help for 2023? We were going to get beat to death in the Big 12 basketball pretty much even if Collier committed yesterday. Maybe Jizzle and Rayvon will be able to step in and contribute significantly, maybe not. Reed and Skillings have shown flashes, but also shown they need time to develop (and hit the weights). Vik is much improved from last year, but wasn't thought of as a progam savior either. If we change coaches now, the two recruits and potential 3rd may switch locations. Time, we have time. Patience is the call for the day. Miller will be competitive in the Big 12 next year, and we may still lose more than we win. In year 4, (year two in Big 12) Miller will have a team that wins more than it loses and is competing witht the top of the conference. We don't have bad players like Mick's first couple years, but we also aren't playing in the BEast like Mick. Temper your expectations, and allow yourself to be surprised next week. They will win a game or two they aren't supposed to win. Last night, NKU executed in all phases of the game while taking us out of our game. Congrats to the Norse, now let's move on behind Wes' leadership.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Tried to stay away from UC talk for the last 15 hours but -- alas -- I couldn't resist ...

Hey, if NKU finds itself in the top 135, this will only be a Quad 2 loss!
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-17-2022, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I'm afraid we don't have that kind of time. Miller is always stating that he looks at getting better every practice. As I see it no one is including the coaches. Everyone of the regulars have regressed back to the old habits from last season. Vik is still traveling and fouling, MAW is still driving into no man's land looking for the rim, JD still can't defend. Phinesse was recruited for his defense and that little 5' 8" NKU ran circles around him and everyone else they tried to put on him. They said Phinesee was a clutch, go to shooter and we haven''t seen it yet. QANo one has gotten better and the transfer portal gained us nothing. We shipped one pouter out and brought another one in. We're going to get beat to death in the B12.
                    I’m talking about recruiting, not transfers you grab late to fill holes. Reed and a Skillings this class, James and Griffith next year is a better 2 year haul than Mick ever had. CWM inherited a bad roster, and he needs time to build. Like it or not, a lot of guys on this team don’t really belong at this level, and it shows.

Comment

• Everyone complaining about the worst 2nd half ever must not remember the Round of 32 game vs. Nevada just a few years ago. Up 22 with 11minutes left. If you do the math, we would have won by just holding the ball on our side of the court for 30seconds every posession and killing the clock instead of all the quick turnovers we gave them.

Comment

• Ok Phinesse was a starter @ IU, Nolley was highly recruited to Virginia? then Memphis. DDJ @ Michigan, then here. CWM has adamantly said Vik has developed exponentially, (and we have seen some of that) but last night these guys were shellshocked, stopped, defensed, and outplayed by players who definitely were not recruited to this level of CBB. Look I get everyone having a bad game but to have everyone regress and totally ignore all the prior months of instruction, revering to the same bad bball we saw last year, just color me as being unimpressed at this point.

Comment

Ok Phinesse was a starter @ IU, Nolley was highly recruited to Virginia? then Memphis. DDJ @ Michigan, then here. CWM has adamantly said Vik has developed exponentially, (and we have seen some of that) but last night these guys were shellshocked, stopped, defensed, and outplayed by players who definitely were not recruited to this level of CBB. Look I get everyone having a bad game but to have everyone regress and totally ignore all the prior months of instruction, revering to the same bad bball we saw last year, just color me as being unimpressed at this point.
                          as I said in an earlier post, CWM threw VIK under the bus for the missed FTs, but didn't mention any other player by name. What;s up with that.

Comment

• I have one hope that CWM and the team can turn this around for the good. A few years back the team lost to Presbyterian. They recovered and made the Sweet 16 in the same year. I’m not giving up on either CWM or this version of the ‘Cats. It’s only been four games. Everyone throws up a total dud am every now and then. Better they do it here as opposed to in a more meaningful game. Just a thought.

Comment

• We missed Newman last night. He is by far our best defensive player.

Comment

• Cincinnati basketball has a long history of winning games when it does not score well. Miller's coaching style appears to be based on playing fast, shoot early in the play clock, and getting transition points. What happens when a team plays slow ball, like NKU? How does this team get the win when it is NOT scoring well or when it is more of a half-court game? All of that was on display last night at NKU. Good teams are NOT going to let UC basketball run up and down the floor. Miller does NOT understand that. You can tell from last night's game that Miller DOES NOT practice the team against the zone. UC looked as if they had never practiced against a zone before. So Maui is coming up. Have you checked out the array of teams that will be there? Out of the 8 team lineup, 5 are ranked (Texas Tech, Creighton, Arkansas, San Diego State, and Arizona). Based on how UC has struggled against its weak non-conference schedule so far, it would not surprise me if UC goes 0 - 3 in Maui. I am hoping that they can win at least one game. The wildcard this entire season is Wes Miller and his coaching staff.. From from I can see, Miller is NOT good at reading the tea leaves in a game. He does not make many, if any, in-game adjustments. This is a crucial point in Miller's career at UC. If Miller goes 0 - 3 in Maui, he will be looked at as a young coach who is not quite ready for big time college basketball. Either way, UC is stuck with him for at least two more years unless things go unacceptably wrong. You would think that after being a head coach for 10 years, Miller would have some coaching tricks up his sleeves to pull out tight game wins. Remember, UC lost 9 (NINE) really close games last year. Miller made NO adjustments in the second half when NKU begin to pull away around the 16:00 minute mark. I betcha all of the Jack Daniels in Tennessee that Miller wishes he would have made some different decisions in that game last night. Hey, that is coaching for you. Miller may NOT be ready for the big time. I hope that I am wrong.
                                Last edited by leeraymond; 11-17-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X