No announcement yet.

Northern Kentucky 11/16 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it’s early in his tenure but I haven’t seen much to admire about Wes’s offense

Comment

• He wants all tall guards so they can run and press but you can't run and press if the players all look like their feet are stuck in molasses. The difference between the defensive quickness of NKU as opposed to UC's was totally noticable.
      Last edited by Rufus; 11-16-2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
        Skillings was injured. Why didn’t Ody play? And why did Reed play so little when he seemed to be effective in the first half?
        Ody stood by and didn’t block out on a missed FT, allowing an offensive rebound and stick back for NKU. Miller pulled him and I don’t think he got back in.
        Last edited by longtimefan; 11-17-2022, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Your starters in the 2nd half. 2-21FGs, 0-12 on 2PT FGs, 1-6 FT’s 1 assist, 4 turnovers. This is unbelievable. UC 7 points in the last 15:43.
          https://vb.bearcatnews.com/core/blob:https://vb.bearcatnews.com/84e1d1fd-7b67-4435-b769-550cca9ca79e
          Last edited by longtimefan; 11-17-2022, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• After having slept in the aftermath of this game, the thought occurred to me that if out of fifteen players Miller can't find five that want to play bball then we're in for a long, long ride.

Comment

• I wasn't going to renew my ESPN+ subscription after last year. I thought new year, new team and renewed just before the season opened. I'll give it a few more games but if I see another game like that, I will cancel my subscription for the year.
              I know Mick wasn't perfect but at least his teams played with heart.

Comment

• The team was not prepared to play. Wes said as much and took the blame himself with his post-game comments on 700WLW. I do think it was a combination of the matchup zone defense from NKU, a bad shooting night all around (34% FG, 29% 3FG, 39% FT), 2nd half turnovers, frustration by UC resulting in taking bad shots, the team overlooking NKU and the team looking ahead to Maui. They should recover and play better in Maui. Whether that translates to wins remains to be seen.

Comment

• CWM although at first blaming himself, threw VIK under the bus for 1 of 6 FT. He mentioned that several times, but no MAW out of control and no JD getting destroyed on d. He really didn't mention the wretched perimeter d.
                  Last edited by leo from jersey; 11-17-2022, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• I know I am old, but have these young guys ever heard of putting a body on someone? Afraid of a foul? Afraid of getting hurt? I never thought I would have to say that to a team that had Bostic, Brannen, Hicks and so many more.

Comment

• I am totally embarrassed by last night's performance!

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                        The team was not prepared to play. Wes said as much and took the blame himself with his post-game comments on 700WLW. I do think it was a combination of the matchup zone defense from NKU, a bad shooting night all around (34% FG, 29% 3FG, 39% FT), 2nd half turnovers, frustration by UC resulting in taking bad shots, the team overlooking NKU and the team looking ahead to Maui. They should recover and play better in Maui. Whether that translates to wins remains to be seen.
                        That was the first thing I noticed is that we had no dea what to do on offense against that matchup zone. Have to wonder if everyone including Wes were deflated about missing on Collier earlier in the day.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That was the first thing I noticed is that we had no dea what to do on offense against that matchup zone. Have to wonder if everyone including Wes were deflated about missing on Collier earlier in the day.
                          Perhaps but not the players who would lose pt.

Comment

• I just don't understand how a coach could stand on the sideline and watch this fiasco and tolerate it. I have seen coaches sit the entire team and play the walk-ons and and 3rd string just find someone with a smidget of life in them. Someone in this post aptly put it that even the cheerleaders could have scored eleven points. Even when they went down by twelve with just under 4: 00 minutes remaining this team was content to just stand around and toss the ball to someone who would shoot. When you need JD to jack up a three he and Nolley, DDJ, and MAW are doing the same silly things they were notorious for last year, looking dumbfounded! How many times has the zone defense beaten us these last few years and it's never dawned on the coaching staff to devise a plan of attack for it. What do they do in practices. I'm beginning to wonder if Miller is in over his head at this level. I remember Huggins and Cronin both stripping the names of the players jerseys because they were not worthy to wear the UC brand. They got their butts physically mauled and handed back to them last night by an Horizon league opponent and showed no fight whatsoever, no sense of urgency and finally no sense of developing a concept of bball IQ, from the coaches down to the players. I just wonder what Kmart, Hicks, Van Exel, and some of the others thinks about this team today.

Comment

• You all go trying to deal with these soft *** kids nowadays. On top of that deal with the corrupt NCAA with them allowing these toddlers to leave at the smallest sign they are not gonna get whatever their spoiled soft asses want. Try replacing entire teams every year with no impact freshmen or transfers. Try recruiting kids to a school that gets in trouble for the coach letting players use his office phone to call their parents. All the while some schools have sex parties for minors and pay out the *** for players with very little if any repercussions. Try coaching a school that had a guy tackled and called for a travel costing them a NCAA tournament game. Try coaching a school that had a guy blatantly pushed in the back and no call because " you can't make that call at that point of the game" and you lose a NCAA tournament game as a 1 seed because of it. Times have changed except for the cheating and it's gonna be tough sledding ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by John P View Post
                                I wasn't going to renew my ESPN+ subscription after last year. I thought new year, new team and renewed just before the season opened. I'll give it a few more games but if I see another game like that, I will cancel my subscription for the year.
                                I know Mick wasn't perfect but at least his teams played with heart.
                                His teams at the end were far more talented. This team is more like Mick’s early teams that were losing to Memphis by 40+. CWM has already proven to be a better recruiter than Mick, he just needs more time.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X