Miami (OH) 12/14 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami (OH) 12/14 7:00 ESPN+

I really hope UC doesn’t have a letdown after competing so hard against Eggs. Miami is 3-5 on the year with blowout losses to Indiana, Indiana State, and Evansville. On paper this shouldn’t be a problem, but Miami is at least as good as NKU.

I am gonna say it now. IF CWM loses to Miami, it is time to seriously reconsider him. It will then be losses to NKU, tOSU, X and then Miami all before Christmas. Kenyon told the team to quit playing for their stats and it worked. I hope CWM heard it and saw the Bearcat attitude in Kenyon. This is the Hugg's attitude and not the Williams. I am glad the cats are not playing Dayton or Wright State.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
      I am gonna say it now. IF CWM loses to Miami, it is time to seriously reconsider him. It will then be losses to NKU, tOSU, X and then Miami all before Christmas. Kenyon told the team to quit playing for their stats and it worked. I hope CWM heard it and saw the Bearcat attitude in Kenyon. This is the Hugg's attitude and not the Williams. I am glad the cats are not playing Dayton or Wright State.
      It seemed like from CWM's post game comments that Martin's visit to the locker room was a wake up call for him as well as the team. I hope so because it was needed. There is something seriously wrong with the repeated lackluster effort and mistakes that we've seen from Miller's squads so far. The effort in the second half is what we should see every game. Here's to hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post

It seemed like from CWM's post game comments that Martin's visit to the locker room was a wake up call for him as well as the team. I hope so because it was needed. There is something seriously wrong with the repeated lackluster effort and mistakes that we've seen from Miller's squads so far. The effort in the second half is what we should see every game. Here's to hoping.
        CWM talked about UCs tradition but as another Cincinnati tradition states "I see better than I hear". I did see some in the second half. I wonder if CWM has it in him. If not, I would accept his attitude and ways as long as it brings wins, I know Oscar is old, but I would like to hear his take.

Comment

Were K-Mart’s remarks talked about in the post
          game ? I was wondering how it was known what
          he said. I didn’t catch any of the post game other
          than what was on the news.
          Thnx

Comment

With all the research CWM has done since being here, plus all the former players that's been in touch, not to mention the former coach's that has been in CWM's ear.
            Can anyone really say that what Kmart had to say hasn't been said before. Why would it register now as opposed to the countless hours of court time they're be had prior to last night. CWM is bound and determined to play his running style forcing square pegs into round holes and it's not working. Not with the players he starts. And I know this all comes across as being negative, and there are people saying that things are progressing but I'm not seeing it. If it is it is at a snails pace and continue to be as long as certain starter is still taking it upon himself in being the "guy" egregiously taking / and not making low percentage shots with chunks of time still remaining exactly like he has done now for a season and a half. If Miami has a coach with even half a brain they will formulate a zone defense and that will spell doom for the good guys. NKU deja Vu all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
              Were K-Mart’s remarks talked about in the post
              game ? I was wondering how it was known what
              he said. I didn’t catch any of the post game other
              than what was on the news.
              Thnx
              Yes both CWM and DDJ referenced Kmart coming into the locker room at half time and lighting them up. Basically he told them to quit playing for themselves and play harder and for the team. I also wonder why CWM can't get that message across. I think part of the problem is there is no consequence if you play selfishly. You still get your playing time.

Comment

i suspect we're putting too much emphasis on the halftime motivational talk and not enough on the changes made to the lineup / matchups in the second half. no doubt KMart's comments carried weight, but it wasn't the only thing different between the first and second halves.

Comment

I really dont think its the scheme as much as it is the effort exerted to execute it. Saturdays second half defensive effort was the best of the season. I agree that lineup changes were important and getting guys time who are willing and capable of playing defense was key, but I noted several regulars who went to another defensive level. Lighting a fire under their butts was the key to getting them to buy in. Now that we know what they are capable of, it should either be demanded or they can sit next to JD.

Comment

I have tickets available for this one if someone is in need.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Miami is now 4-5. The 4 Ws are 2 D-II schools, Jackson State and Little Rock.

No true centers on this team. 4 guards and a forward on the floor most of the time. That could be good for Lakhin or bad depending on who he gets stuck on on a defensive switch. The guy to focus on for the Redhawks is Makhi Lairy at guard. Leads the team in scoring and assists. Miami will undoubtably be up for this game after the close one in Millett Hall on last go around.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/193
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Morning KenPom #s:

UC 75
                        Miami U 284

Comment

The SkinHawks are a terrible defensive team. The kenpom.com and barttorvik.com rankings have MU as #343 and #349, respectively, (out of 363 D1 schools) in terms of defensive efficiency.

Even considering a possible hangover from Saturday, the Cats will roll, 86-61.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                            The SkinHawks are a terrible defensive team. The kenpom.com and barttorvik.com rankings have MU as #343 and #349, respectively, (out of 363 D1 schools) in terms of defensive efficiency.

Even considering a possible hangover from Saturday, the Cats will roll, 86-61.
                            My fear is that JD will success against poor defensive team and it will blind him to his skills against a team that plays d. He will still be jacking up out of control 3s with plenty of time on the clock and not looking for an open teammate.

Comment

If Miller has any sense of wanting to improve, these next three games can be major for UC. Play Oguama and Lakhin together to get a feel for if this really is a winning combination. Also, play Tolentino and Ezikpe. Just do not let those guys rot on the bench. Develop the big men for God's sake. Last thing, work on the zone defense, because UC's man-to-man defense is quite %$&# up. UC used a zone defense on two consecutive possessions in the Xavier game in the first half and X did NOT score on either possession. However, UC did not use the zone again. Miller should have used a zone when X had the ball on their last possession with the score was tied at 77, and Boum had the ball with 7 seconds left in the game. It may have changed the outcome of the game. Not to ramble, this UC team has a lot of potential. However, they are doing a little worse than last year after ten games by one game. More importantly, UC's defensive stats are TERRIBLE. They are much worse than last year after 10 games. Not really sure what to think of coach Miller. I get the feeling that EVERYONE really wants him to do well. I am no different. Miller seems like a really cool guy. Have a shot of Jack Daniels and a beer with the guy. The question still remains, can Miller coach at high levels? We will all find out what Miller is all about very soon.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X