No announcement yet.

Miami (OH) 12/14 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" Even considering a possible hangover from Saturday, the Cats will roll, 86-61".

I think it's going to be closer than that. I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong on a lot of things concerning this team, however after a season and half of watching one person singlehandedly recess any team chemistry and progress and still get starter status, it don't look like I am. Cats eke out a win even with a lot of bricks thrown.
    Last edited by Rufus; 12-12-2022, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

My fear is that JD will success against poor defensive team and it will blind him to his skills against a team that plays d. He will still be jacking up out of control 3s with plenty of time on the clock and not looking for an open teammate.
      Not looking to stir up JD hate, which seems to be plentiful on social media but... how about Ody Oguama starting at PF with JD off the bench as the 6th man?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Not looking to stir up JD hate, which seems to be plentiful on social media but... how about Ody Oguama starting at PF with JD off the bench as the 6th man?
        In his postgame comments with Dan Hoard, CWM said they've been mulling over playing Ody with Vik, but he's concerned with the lack of depth inside and the starters are going to need to rest periodically. He didn't call out Ezikpe, but the kid looks like a fish out of water. Also, Tolentino is raw and needs to beef up. He can't bang around very long, especially against stronger opponents.

Tolentino might get some playing time against the size-challenge Redhawks. He already lost his potential red shirt. I'm not sure about Ezikpe, who hasn't played in either of the past two games.

Comment

Hey, I am with you brother on this one. That combination of Lakhin and Oguama seems to give them a toughness in the paint. Have not seen that kind of play in the paint since Gary Clark and Kyle Washington. Good call. Maybe UC functions better with three guards instead of four. Miller should really test the Oguama and Lakhin combination to see if it can work. Based on what I saw on Saturday, it might work. However, Miller would HAVE to play Ezikpe and/or Tolentino as backups. That may scarce him off. Why not play Tolentino? Never know what a player can do unless you put him in the game. Ezikpe is a big strong guy. Play him.
          Last edited by leeraymond; 12-13-2022, 07:21 AM.

Comment

why if anyone speaks the truth it is misconstrued to be hate. We do live in an overly sensitive world. I see this even in sports. We have replaced competitiveness with feeling good about our efforts regardless of how strong or weak they are. I am glad in my youth you didn't have participation trophies. You won or you lost. If you lost, you tried to get better in order to win. Years ago Gene Autry owned the LA Angels. His manager was Gene Mauch who had a great winning record. Autry fired him for the continual second place finishes. When asked why Autry fired him, Mauch said Mr. Autry's horse was named champion and not runner -up. JD is hurting the team. CWM might see it and is now trying to do something hopefully. I believe the former Bearcats at the game Saturday saw something too. Whatever KM said, it was needed to be said.

Comment

Good post Leo. I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Enquirer preview https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...s/69723692007/

Comment

Will be wearing throwback The Cats jerseys tomorrow
                  https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/st...Clld_lhL4sAAAA

Comment

​​​​​​or Hensley even. With Hensley you still have the capabilities of scoring the three and the height and athleticism to mix it up under the rim. He hustles, can drive to the rim when the opportunity arises and is not prone to shoot the three with only 6 seconds ticked off the clock.

Comment

P.S. JD was the most effective when he did come off the bench under Brannen. He was the designated energy boost. As a starter JD seems to have it in his head that he has to be the leading scorer or that he's not gonna reach double figures. I like JD a lot and not disrespecting him but as a starter he puts us in crutches way too regularly trying to get his share of points.

Comment

Somewhere in all this I had forgotten that Travis Steele had taken the Miami job.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Somewhere in all this I had forgotten that Travis Steele had taken the Miami job.
                          What does that say about win at all costs at two local schools.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

What does that say about win at all costs at two local schools.
                            I don't know, what does it say?

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I don't know, what does it say?
                              it is their new goal I guess. Unless, they are for giving second chances and not winning games alone.How do you feel about those two former Xavier coaches last job's performances.

Comment

15.5 point favorites

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X