Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Bowling Green parting ways with its coach. Good friend Samari Curtis played at BGSU this year after prior stints at Nebraska and Evansville.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Kermit Davis -- who replaced Andy Kennedy (now thriving at UAB) -- is out at Ole Miss

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    To no one's surprise, NMSU just fired Gred Heiar. They'll find someone willing to take over that dumpster fire. ESPN didn't specify if the decision was cause-based, but that seems obvious. I have no idea if Heiar would have any legal leg to stand on, given the circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• SKell82155
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

This is not what we want for any spouse/partner of any coach, nor would we want the coaches to be in that situation. The clause is in the contract in the hopefully unlikely event something this awful were to ever happen. I'm not sure what you mean by "we know what to do". However, firing a coach for cause is easy when they do something like this, but it wasn't so easy when there were a lot of gray areas adding up to no good when Brannen was suspended then let go.
    Was meant to be tongue in cheek, sorry.
    But it does open up a can of worms imo.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    I think it's safe to say every position on New Mexico St will be open soon. Staff is on admin leave and the program has been suspended for the season for hazing. Portal people are already happening and this is all not connected to a player on player shooting earlier in the year between NMSU and UNM.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-resume-season
    The NMSU Board of Regents are scheduled to meet tomorrow to discuss "limited personnel matters", per the Albuquerque Journal. I'm sure they're looking for a way to fire the HC for cause. That seldom works well for the school.

In this case, I'm surprised they didn't sanction the coach after the shooting incident. He gathered up his team and staff and left Albuquerque without allowing three involved team members to speak with the police. The NM highway patrol had to stop their bus that was headed back to Las Cruces.

And we thought the John Brannen era ended messily.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I think it's safe to say every position on New Mexico St will be open soon. Staff is on admin leave and the program has been suspended for the season for hazing. Portal people are already happening and this is all not connected to a player on player shooting earlier in the year between NMSU and UNM.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-resume-season

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Notre Dame's Mike Brey will retire after this season
    https://und.com/mike-brey-to-step-away-at-end-of-the-season/
    Update -- Brey is not retiring after this season, he will just no longer be at ND. In other words, they must have reached an agreement for him to leave. https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...11222650982443

Leave a comment:

• Geaux Juan
    replied
    The Green Bay Phoenix have fired their coach, Will Ryan (Bo's son), after two and a half seasons that includes this year's 2-19 start and a losing streak of 11 that he won't be around to end.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
    So, we know what to do if we ever want to move on from a coach ?
    This is not what we want for any spouse/partner of any coach, nor would we want the coaches to be in that situation. The clause is in the contract in the hopefully unlikely event something this awful were to ever happen. I'm not sure what you mean by "we know what to do". However, firing a coach for cause is easy when they do something like this, but it wasn't so easy when there were a lot of gray areas adding up to no good when Brannen was suspended then let go.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Notre Dame's Mike Brey will retire after this season
    https://und.com/mike-brey-to-step-away-at-end-of-the-season/
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-19-2023, 06:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
    This is tragic.

Leave a comment:

• SKell82155
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    "Beard’s contract contained a standard clause among agreements with UT-Austin that allows the university to suspend or fire him with cause for any behavior that is “unbecoming” or leads to a criminal charge “involving a felony, or any crime involving theft, dishonesty, or moral turpitude,”

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/01...rd-basketball/

The fact that he she had him charged or that the police charged him was enough for UT to get out of the contract and fire him for cause.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

A hint as in a lie? She back tracked her statement:

"Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening," Trew said in her statement. "Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way."
    As in given time to reflect the impact of her original statement on their money train, we wish to revise the truth in an attempt to keep the money train rolling in.

Leave a comment:

• bearcat1518
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    Good and good riddance. Even hint of domestic violence is unacceptable. First time in a long time that I applaud UT-Austin
    A hint as in a lie? She back tracked her statement:

"Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening," Trew said in her statement. "Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way."

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X