drove 2.5 hours in the snow fora terrible game

Comment

ODY miss and then foul - geesh

Comment

disappointed in bearcat fans, drove from vandalia-oh, 2 hrs +...sac up

Comment

Oops guess I said that...hahahahahaha

Comment

We better recruit a Jordan, Oscar andJabbar if we’re going to compete in Big 12. I hope JD goes pro, he got beat all day back door, constantly loses his man. Big 12 basketball is going to be a disaster for this group

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
              drove 2.5 hours in the snow fora terrible game
              I drove 40 minutes, instead of usual 20. Bengals playing at 3:00 had a lot to do with it.

Comment

3-pt shooting percentage and free-throw shooting percentage kills us in games that we lose. The free throws are just a mental thing.

Comment

Beat in all aspects of the game. Best player on the team is one he did not recruit. So far I have not seen any evidence he is an above average coach.

Comment

Not going to win many ball games with a shooting pct just barely over 25%.

Comment

I’ve already seen this game too many times before under Wes

Comment

The announcers we're talking about how CWM told them that the hardest talk he ever had was to tell JD that he would be coming off the bench as opposed to starting. If that is true, and I'm not saying it is, they could of been just searching for fodder to entertain the TV audience, for at that point, it wasn't much of a contest. But if this is true then a coach has no business being afraid of confrontation, sitting a player who's play is a detriment to the team more often than not. Tonight's 3 pt % was a paltry 25.

Comment

Recently Miller was asked about game planning that focuses on key or star players. Miller responded with "we do not focus on any one player when we come up with the game plan". That is the oddest thing I have ever heard any coach say. Huggins was a master at taking star players out of the game. Ask Penny Hardaway. If you make it difficult for a player to do what is comfortable, you may be able to slow him down. Two Memphis players killed UC today, Williams (26 pts.) and Davis (21 pts.). Why not double-team Williams in the paint? In fact, after the game during his press conference, Miller said that they DID NOT PREPARE WELL ENOUGH. That is what the man is paid to do. I do not understand that. As important as this game was, Miller admitted that he did not have the team prepared enough.

So far, Miller has only beat one NCAA tournament type of team in two years at UC; Illinois. Also, Miller has yet to beat Temple (3 losses), Houston (4 losses), Memphis (3 losses), and UCF (1 loss). This UC team is difficult to watch against better teams. They never seem to have a plan of attack (offense or defense). Their slow starts seem to always end in a loss. The Memphis game was winnable. Now we all see what Miller and UC basketball are about. Miller does not appear to be evolving fast enough. Next year he takes his show to the BIG 12. It will take years before UC is back in the NCAA tournament. It is highly possible that Miller may have come and gone before UC gets back to the NCAAs. Nevertheless, Miller deserves a chance to get HIS players in place. Based on what I have seen so far, I am not sure that will make much of a difference. Many of the players already on the team are Miller's players. Very disappointing loss today. UC plays next at HOUSTON. Temple upset them today. So now, UC has to face an ANGRY Houston team. Maybe the NIT is still possible.
                          Last edited by leeraymond; 01-23-2023, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                            it would have been nice to have been told the pre game is on WSAI.
                            I figured it out knowing wkrc and wlw must be doing the Bengals.
                            In the arena, the PA announcer told the fans to listen to 700 WLW for the postgame. I knew that wasn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
                              Recently Miller was asked about game planning that focuses on key or star players. Miller responded with "we do not focus on any one player when we come up with the game plan". That is the oddest thing I have ever heard any coach say. Huggins was a master at taking star players out of the game. Ask Penny Hardaway. If you make it difficult for a player to do what is comfortable, you may be able to slow him down. Two Memphis players killed UC today, Williams (26 pts.) and Davis (21 pts.). Why not double-team Williams in the paint? In fact, after the game during his press conference, Miller said that they DID NOT PREPARE WELL ENOUGH. That is what the man is paid to do. I do not understand that. As important as this game was, Miller admitted that he did not have the team prepared enough.

So far, Miller has only beat one NCAA tournament type of team in two years at UC; Illinois. Also, Miller has yet to beat Temple (3 losses), Houston (4 losses), Memphis (3 losses), and UCF (1 loss). This UC team is difficult to watch against better teams. They never seem to have a plan of attack (offense or defense). Their slow starts seem to always end in a loss. The Memphis game was winnable. Now we all see what Miller and UC basketball are about. Miller does not appear to be evolving fast enough. Next year he takes his show to the BIG 12. It will take years before UC is back in the NCAA tournament. It is highly possible that Miller may have come and gone before UC gets back to the NCAAs. Nevertheless, Miller deserves a chance to get HIS players in place. Based on what I have seen so fthose ar, I am not sure that will make much of a difference. Many of the players already on the team are Miller's players. Very disappointing loss today. UC plays next at HOUSTON. Temple upset them today. So now, UC has to face an ANGRY Houston team. Maybe the NIT is still possible.
                              What's concerning is that the teams we can't beat right now (Temple, Houston, Memphis, and UCF) are that most closely resemble the talent/athletes/physicality that we'll face in the Big 12 next season.

As of right now, Nolley and Lakhin are the only two players I'd feel comfortable throwing out there against better comp next season and Nolley is most likely gone after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post

What's concerning is that the teams we can't beat right now (Temple, Houston, Memphis, and UCF) are that most closely resemble the talent/athletes/physicality that we'll face in the Big 12 next season.

As of right now, Nolley and Lakhin are the only two players I'd feel comfortable throwing out there against better comp next season and Nolley is most likely gone after this season.

I would have added DeJulius to next season, but he will be gone along with Nolley.... So we have Lakhin and two young players in Skillings & Reed who will get better....

Good news, HELP is on the way! James & Griffith, and hopefully one or two more Impact transfers....As I said before, graduation can't get here soon enough for MAW & Davenport....

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X