No announcement yet.

Memphis 1/22 1:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had tickets to the game yesterday and we decided the weather was just not worth driving in... On a brighter note, the Bengals looked Outstanding!

Comment

I made the game with no problem driving. I think it's best to say we have great kids on this team but we do not have any superstars. If we make shots, we have a chance to win. We have proven time & again
      this year that we don't shoot well on a consistent basis .With that said let's just cheer on this team & enjoy the wins that we do get. Remember these are college kids & booing college kids, in my mind, is a
      terrible thing to do. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
        I made the game with no problem driving. I think it's best to say we have great kids on this team but we do not have any superstars. If we make shots, we have a chance to win. We have proven time & again
        this year that we don't shoot well on a consistent basis .With that said let's just cheer on this team & enjoy the wins that we do get. Remember these are college kids & booing college kids, in my mind, is a
        terrible thing to do. Just my humble opinion.
        I can see both sides on that. Yes they are young, but with the NIL they are paid players. Welcome to the adult world.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I can see both sides on that. Yes they are young, but with the NIL they are paid players. Welcome to the adult world.

Totally Agree...and I was not at the game, so I have no idea if they were being Booed... But? This is year #4 for two of the players in question... Neither have progressed under two coaches.. Both continue to be a hinderance for the progression of this Team... I do not consider them kids, but instead young men... A lot of us pay good $$$, and contribute to the Institution yearly... Eventually you get fed up on No Return for your Money... I wish them the Best to future endeavors, but I look forward to this team moving on...

Comment

Simply put, Mika had a bad shooting night yesterday and so did DDJ. Add that to JD logging 27 mins in the game because he got pressed into it due to people in foul trouble across the board. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn on our own floor yesterday for 40% FG. Some of that is Memphis defense and some of that is bad shooting. Mike was open from 3 most of the game and just didn't hit anything.

On the brighter side, Viktor Lakhin was a machine in the post yesterday. Ended with 22 and 10. Probably would have have 25 if he could hit some FTs. That game was the exact way Lakhin should be used the rest of the year when the defense allows it. This team doesn't feed the post enough in my opinion and Lakhin's a good passer. We should run more offense through him and go inside out.

Here's the box:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401492709

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

These guys never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

The roads were fine until you got to MLK. Then they were a $#%# show (Cincinnati tax $ at work).

Crowd was almost non-existent. Smallest UC crowd I've seen in a long time. The crowd did NOT boo the team (although the refs got booed 2 or 3 times - deservedly so).

The team took a huge step backward yesterday. Defense in the first half was non-existent. Memphis was shooting totally uncontested shots the entire half. UC was physically bigger than Memphis at multiple positions, but you wouldn't know it based on how they played (other than maybe Lahkin).

As you take the steps to exit the arena there is an area where you can get close to the team as they go through the tunnel to the locker room. The look on Millers face was a sight. Frustration, anger, confusion, bewilderment. I don't know. Maybe the job is just too big for him.

Something has to change. I feel like this program is dying before my very eyes. There is still time to salvage this season, but they need to get wins against the teams that matter. And they need to start now.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcated View Post
                These guys never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

The roads were fine until you got to MLK. Then they were a $#%# show (Cincinnati tax $ at work).

Crowd was almost non-existent. Smallest UC crowd I've seen in a long time. The crowd did NOT boo the team (although the refs got booed 2 or 3 times - deservedly so).

The team took a huge step backward yesterday. Defense in the first half was non-existent. Memphis was shooting totally uncontested shots the entire half. UC was physically bigger than Memphis at multiple positions, but you wouldn't know it based on how they played (other than maybe Lahkin).

As you take the steps to exit the arena there is an area where you can get close to the team as they go through the tunnel to the locker room. The look on Millers face was a sight. Frustration, anger, confusion, bewilderment. I don't know. Maybe the job is just too big for him.

Something has to change. I feel like this program is dying before my very eyes. There is still time to salvage this season, but they need to get wins against the teams that matter. And they need to start now.

I totally agree with you... As far as the roads, it really depends on where you live... Loveland did not touch a lot of the main roads until almost 3pm when the snow died down...

I can't blame Wes for any of this mess, it's just not fair.. He inherited these players, that most of us have doubts/complain about.. and I have a feeling his hands might be somewhat tied on keeping them on the roster.. He's done a good job in year two recruiting, and Skillings / Reed will be good players... Match them with Griffith and James, this team will be on the rise again...

I'm sure Wes looks beat and frustrated, and I can't blame him for this mess...Just my opinion..

Comment

I would'nt count my portal chickens before their hatched. We haven't gotten anything from the portal from it's inception that has contributed anything substantial especially this year with the exception of one some of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                    I had tickets to the game yesterday and we decided the weather was just not worth driving in... On a brighter note, the Bengals looked Outstanding!
                    Who Dey think!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Simply put, Mika had a bad shooting night yesterday and so did DDJ. Add that to JD logging 27 mins in the game because he got pressed into it due to people in foul trouble across the board. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn on our own floor yesterday for 40% FG. Some of that is Memphis defense and some of that is bad shooting. Mike was open from 3 most of the game and just didn't hit anything.

On the brighter side, Viktor Lakhin was a machine in the post yesterday. Ended with 22 and 10. Probably would have have 25 if he could hit some FTs. That game was the exact way Lakhin should be used the rest of the year when the defense allows it. This team doesn't feed the post enough in my opinion and Lakhin's a good passer. We should run more offense through him and go inside out.

Here's the box:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401492709
                      Totally agree with you- move the ball inside & out not
                      Just dribble around the perimeter. Think would help the
                      shooters square up, step into & shoot in rhythm .

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        I would'nt count my portal chickens before they’re hatched. We haven't gotten anything from the portal from its inception that has contributed anything substantial especially this year with the exception of one some of the time.
                        Kyle Williamson?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          Kyle Williamson?
                          Kyle Washington?

Comment

referring to the bball portal

Comment

Kyle Washington was an transfer before the portal was a thing. So were James White and Jermaine Tate. We've had impact transfers before and after the portal was created. I'd suggest that DDJ is an impact transfer that came just before(?) the portal. In the portal era, I'd suggest that Landers Nolley is an impact transfer. Those last two are probably keeping us above .500 right now.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Kyle Washington was an transfer before the portal was a thing. So were James White and Jermaine Tate. We've had impact transfers before and after the portal was created. I'd suggest that DDJ is an impact transfer that came just before(?) the portal. In the portal era, I'd suggest that Landers Nolley is an impact transfer. Those last two are probably keeping us above .500 right now.

Absolutely.... DDJ & Nolley are both impact transfers... I believe we even had Alvin Mitchell from Nebraska for about a year...He was a really good SG... I'm going off memory here...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X