Houston 1/28 2:15 CBS

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bearcat93
    Distinguished Member
    • Mar 2020
    • 647

    #106
    A winnable game, we just needed a little more offense at the end. Feeling like Skillings development has gone flat a bit. Im
    just not seeing much from Reid. Is it possible Nolley can get another year? That would really help us next year.

    Comment

    • Oldtimer_UC_fan
      Veteran
      • Apr 2007
      • 2006

      #107
      Originally posted by RCL46
      Corporateballa is a former Bearcat player, if I'm not mistaken (TW)
      I'm sure he's knowledgeable, but there is still no need to insult others on here. Our opinions may not be those of experts, but I didn't think we had to be.

      Comment

      • JBB
        Member
        • Apr 2022
        • 122

        #108
        I didn’t see the game, but the comments continue to show we don’t have the talent to contend with the better teams we face. It’s going to take several recruiting classes for CWM to put his stamp on this program. We have Brannon players, at best MAC talent. There are bright spots and guys like VIK who have made great progress, we just don’t have enough good players to compete with the Houston’s in college basketball. I get really frustrated at their play, but it’s all about talent men. Maybe we can come close to winning out and get to the NIT

        Comment

        • RecNizeRealBCat
          Member
          • Jan 2021
          • 113

          #109
          Originally posted by JBB
          I didn’t see the game, but the comments continue to show we don’t have the talent to contend with the better teams we face. It’s going to take several recruiting classes for CWM to put his stamp on this program. We have Brannon players, at best MAC talent. There are bright spots and guys like VIK who have made great progress, we just don’t have enough good players to compete with the Houston’s in college basketball. I get really frustrated at their play, but it’s all about talent men. Maybe we can come close to winning out and get to the NIT
          Saw the 2nd half besides the run by Houston to tie it up. They played well, actually. Not sure they are that far out, was a hard fought game. Nolley showed some real game and it seemed to get Dejulius's offense going faster than what I've been following. Don't jump bro

          Comment

          • leo from jersey
            Veteran
            • Apr 2007
            • 6191

            #110
            Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan

            I'm sure he's knowledgeable, but there is still no need to insult others on here. Our opinions may not be those of experts, but I didn't think we had to be.
            100% agreed Such insults should never be made or allowed regardless of one's past(resume/vitae). I thought this forum was for fan comments and not a professional coaches meeting. It is fun sharing comments here and for the most part friendly. There is no need for an attitude from any.
            Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-29-2023, 08:20 AM.

            Comment

            • leo from jersey
              Veteran
              • Apr 2007
              • 6191

              #111
              Originally posted by Bearcat93
              A winnable game, we just needed a little more offense at the end. Feeling like Skillings development has gone flat a bit. Im
              just not seeing much from Reid. Is it possible Nolley can get another year? That would really help us next year.
              Skillings has not done much against stiffer competition. Reed needs much improvement. I thought they both would have given the cats something this year. Hopefully they will make a major jump next year as they are needed.

              Comment

              • Gmann
                Distinguished Member
                • Feb 2019
                • 798

                #112
                I agree we are not that far off when we play a game where we are raining in 3's and playing with effort on defense as we were in the first half. The problem is the next couple games we may be back to laying bricks from three and getting sloppy with turnovers and defensive lapses. We basically had 3 players contribute yesterday (Vik, Landers and DDJ). Davenport chipped in a little bit but on too many shots. There was nothing else from the bench. Plus our late game execution in close games is consistently poor. I will be glad next year when you have to bring it every game or get comfortable in the basement. There will be no more beating up on mediocre and poor teams when we are in the Big 12. We will truly get a view of where we are at as a program.

                Comment

                • bearcat1518
                  Distinguished Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 635

                  #113
                  Originally posted by Corporateballa

                  I’m saying, I don’t believe you know what you’re talking about because you never coached played basketball at this level. I don’t believe you’re qualified to speak on it. You talk like someone who never even played high school JV.
                  Corporateballa…they say you’re a former player. Would love for you to confirm your name. Can you?

                  Comment

                  • leo from jersey
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 6191

                    #114
                    Hopefully, this is the last I will say concerning that we must have played college ball to have an informed opinion. The last UC coach who had a consistent winning NCAA tourney record only played BB till his junior year in HS. Yet, he is a final 4 coach. Yes, Mick coached at the college level, but he never played. Mick did lose control of his words sometimes though. Huggs did too.
                    BTW we still love Mick and Huggs
                    Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-29-2023, 10:05 AM.

                    Comment

                    • leo from jersey
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 6191

                      #115
                      Originally posted by Gmann
                      I agree we are not that far off when we play a game where we are raining in 3's and playing with effort on defense as we were in the first half. The problem is the next couple games we may be back to laying bricks from three and getting sloppy with turnovers and defensive lapses. We basically had 3 players contribute yesterday (Vik, Landers and DDJ). Davenport chipped in a little bit but on too many shots. There was nothing else from the bench. Plus our late game execution in close games is consistently poor. I will be glad next year when you have to bring it every game or get comfortable in the basement. There will be no more beating up on mediocre and poor teams when we are in the Big 12. We will truly get a view of where we are at as a program.
                      Unless, we get something from this year's and next year's frosh and from the portal, the roster will be weaker than this year's.

                      Comment

                      • RecNizeRealBCat
                        Member
                        • Jan 2021
                        • 113

                        #116
                        Originally posted by Gmann
                        I agree we are not that far off when we play a game where we are raining in 3's and playing with effort on defense as we were in the first half. The problem is the next couple games we may be back to laying bricks from three and getting sloppy with turnovers and defensive lapses. We basically had 3 players contribute yesterday (Vik, Landers and DDJ). Davenport chipped in a little bit but on too many shots. There was nothing else from the bench. Plus our late game execution in close games is consistently poor. I will be glad next year when you have to bring it every game or get comfortable in the basement. There will be no more beating up on mediocre and poor teams when we are in the Big 12. We will truly get a view of where we are at as a program.
                        Possibly but there is the chance of gaining confidence from performing under the lights against a top team and building on it. That was Uc basketball yesterday, granted they were out hustled on the boards statistically. Felt good to watch, even the announcers had to admit it had a March feel to it. Houston made a few tough shots before the run to stay in the fight. Landers showed he could be the difference and take heat off Vik the Swiss. Best loss I've seen from them

                        Comment

                        • leo from jersey
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 6191

                          #117
                          Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat

                          Possibly but there is the chance of gaining confidence from performing under the lights against a top team and building on it. That was Uc basketball yesterday, granted they were out hustled on the boards statistically. Felt good to watch, even the announcers had to admit it had a March feel to it. Houston made a few tough shots before the run to stay in the fight. Landers showed he could be the difference and take heat off Vik the Swiss. Best loss I've seen from them
                          a loss is a loss. I want victories.

                          Comment

                          • bearcat1518
                            Distinguished Member
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 635

                            #118
                            Originally posted by leo from jersey
                            Hopefully, this is the last I will say concerning that we must have played college ball to have an informed opinion. The last UC coach who had a consistent winning NCAA tourney record only played BB till his junior year in HS. Yet, he is a final 4 coach. Yes, Mick coached at the college level, but he never played. Mick did lose control of his words sometimes though. Huggs did too.
                            BTW we still love Mick and Huggs
                            Agree.

                            Debate on the merit of the argument seems to be lost in todays world.

                            Comment

                            • RecNizeRealBCat
                              Member
                              • Jan 2021
                              • 113

                              #119
                              Originally posted by leo from jersey

                              a loss is a loss. I want victories.
                              I respect that. Me too but what you gonna do right now, learn from it or focus on what you don't have? They showed high level potential yesterday.

                              Comment

                              • Lobot
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 28312

                                #120
                                Here's the box score. Just in looking at the surface, we got virtually no minutes and no bench points from anyone not named Davenport. It's too bad they don't have the stats in halves. I'd be interested to see where Walker warmed up and what the lead was at that point.

                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

                                Comment

                                Responsive Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...