No announcement yet.

Tulane 2/7 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUst think if I wanted to be riled up I could be watching the state of the union

Comment

1. maybe once or twice give them a zone look when getting backdoored and lobbed to death
      2.Hated, hated, hated the last shot to win it
      3.Grow up
      4. hunter's an idiot
      5. would Love to face them again

Comment

CWM said Rob P is season ending. The team didn't do enough -- well yeah

Comment

CWM said saw good stuff but he's hurt. He didn't address the defense or the wretched shot selection.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Yeah Maybe... I would ask, is it Wes, or some of the players... Its hard to Coach, when we have players who have no business being on this team since day one...
            Today it was coaching. This is a game the Bearcats should have won. Nolley takes one shot in OT, a made three. Over dribbling, horrible shot selection, no cutting. Complete meltdown.
            My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

25 games, 1 quad 2 W.
              Last edited by Bearcat93; 02-07-2023, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Today it was coaching. This is a game the Bearcats should have won. Nolley takes one shot in OT, a made three. Over dribbling, horrible shot selection, no cutting. Complete meltdown.
                How many times under Miller have we seen successful players (and plays) go silent (not cold) in second halves. He snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

Same story, different night No defense and Jack up 3 offense. It’s really hard to take. Nothing smart about this team. Most teams get better as season goes, not these guys

Comment

I get fans being frustrated by the defense after halftime. But I thought Ody and Kalu played admirably in Vik’s absence. Might have needed to play a little zone if nothing else just to let guys rest a little. The team just looked gassed by the end, understandably. This was a coin flip game without Vik so I am not as upset about that as I am what this might mean for UC’s season.

if you want to criticize CWM, I would say it was timeout usage. That is largely in the coach’s control. He took 2 into overtime and after Rob P went down you had to win in regulation. Maybe they still lose but you’re not maximizing your team’s chance to win.

Comment

• Miller has gotten and will continue to get better players. However his coaching in tight games is atrocious. I don't know how that gets better.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBB View Post
                        Same story, different night No defense and Jack up 3 offense. It’s really hard to take. Nothing smart about this team. Most teams get better as season goes, not these guys
                        I know what you’re saying, believe me, but without
                        Vik there’s no one to throw it to inside .
                        Did see Ogama had a monster 3/4 game (for him)
                        but not a reliable option imo.
                        I would certainly question the lack of ball movement
                        that characterizes this team often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                          25 games, 1 quad 2 W.
                          In the end that says it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                            Miller has gotten and will continue to get better players. However his coaching in tight games is atrocious. I don't know how that gets better.
                            A couple of guys tonight making the same mistakes they’ve been making for 4 years. We know who they are.

Comment

• 17/48 3's half of the shot selection and a 10sec drive to the 3pt line to end regulation. What was the thought process on that play? I'm so used to a point guard trying to get in the lane, draw a foul go to the line to win the game. Coach Wes couldn't have drawn that up, especially when they were 0/6 from 3 to end regulation.

The teams leadership is just not on point and im not trying to reiterate but it speaks for itself. Believe Nolley is just playing his role and not trying to take it out the hands of the should be man's.

Oh yeah defense sounded softer than smore filling down the stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

A couple of guys tonight making the same mistakes they’ve been making for 4 years. We know who they are.
                                That's "how to lose a lead 101". It just absolutely blows my mind that "we all know who it is" takes a three shot with only 13 seconds off the clock, nursing a 10 pt.
                                lead and still 6 minutes remaining in the game. And still doing this type of damage as a player with four years under his belt. You have to be able to read the room better than that. Momentum is large factor in these games especially on the road and to shoot an air ball in that situation just absolutely causes the adrenaline pumping and the crowd to into our heads. And why CWM tolerates this repeatedly just has me confused.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X