No announcement yet.

Memphis 2/26 2:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70sOn the post game CWM mentioned it takes then team getting behind before they are motivated ( some would say not ready to play). He did mention the TOs, but there was more than that. He spent the rest of the time defending the team as good kids and they really care. That is nice but I really care in my in my 70s, but that doesn't mean I can compete with others. I thought he was defending himself as much or more than the kids. We complain, but we are still with the team. I believe that many are not though.

Comment

In my way of thinking if you can't get up to play a team that has owned you the last six or seven ( whatever the no. is) then you shouldn't be playing competitive sports. And is it not the coaches job to filter out and isolate the ones who are only playing on cruise control, or someone who has the same number of turnovers as points in the first half, in favor of those who give their all.

Comment

After listening to CWM on the post game, I miss "I don't know Chuck".

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
          After listening to CWM on the post game, I miss "I don't know Chuck".
          Wasn't it Huggins who said "there are turnovers and there are turnovers - you kick it out of bounds and it's bad enough, BUT you have time to get back and set up your defense - steals lead to layups." I know, I know, it's a 40 minute game BUT we lost this one in a 3 minute stretch in the first half where 2 takeaways & a steal led to 3 layups.

Comment

I think that missing free throws were a key in this game. Bearcats' Comeback Attempt Falls Short at Memphis - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

That was a frustrating watch. Way too many turnovers, a good portion of which were unforced. That said, they hung in there despite not passing the eye test tonight and almost won the game at the end. I thought they played well enough in the second half to win it.

Remind me to never play Lakhin in Horse. Dude took 4 shots all day, the first shot, the crazy banked last shot , and the one that didn't count and went in after the buzzer. Vik's a good passer but he didn't recognize the double team very well today. It's not on him. The staff has got to get him to pass out quicker. Memphis scouted him well and he was a step slow as was most of the team today.

The call on Ody Oguama for a goaltend was BS. That was a clean block and the refs didn't even go to the monitor on that. (Not sure what the poilicy is in that scenario). That was one of several things that should have gone to the monitor in that game. There were several shots to the head and neck that could've been reviewed in that game. The one they did review as a common foul should have been a flagrant on Kendric Davis IMO but what are you going to do because Pat Adams.

Here's the box. Check out the steals column.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401492758
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                That was a frustrating watch. Way too many turnovers, a good portion of which were unforced. That said, they hung in there despite not passing the eye test tonight and almost won the game at the end. I thought they played well enough in the second half to win it.

Remind me to never play Lakhin in Horse. Dude took 4 shots all day, the first shot, the crazy banked last shot , and the one that didn't count and went in after the buzzer. Vik's a good passer but he didn't recognize the double team very well today. It's not on him. The staff has got to get him to pass out quicker. Memphis scouted him well and he was a step slow as was most of the team today.

The call on Ody Oguama for a goaltend was BS. That was a clean block and the refs didn't even go to the monitor on that. (Not sure what the poilicy is in that scenario). That was one of several things that should have gone to the monitor in that game. There were several shots to the head and neck that could've been reviewed in that game. The one they did review as a common foul should have been a flagrant on Kendric Davis IMO but what are you going to do because Pat Adams.

Here's the box. Check out the steals column.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401492758
                Look at the rebounds too. I'm worried more about football than I am about the future of the BBall program.
                Last edited by Carin's Dad; 02-26-2023, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Wasn't it Huggins who said "there are turnovers and there are turnovers - you kick it out of bounds and it's bad enough, BUT you have time to get back and set up your defense - steals lead to layups." I know, I know, it's a 40 minute game BUT we lost this one in a 3 minute stretch in the first half where 2 takeaways & a steal led to 3 layups.
                  I don't know Richard

Comment

Richard I do know that getting back on defense is not a stat. It does lead to uncontested baskets which are. Too much not getting back. Slow reactions on defense is not a stat either, but the points due to the watching sure are. I know the announcer said a rebound was muscled. I laugh as there was no physical contact. The ball just careened that way. Again I question the desire. The monster factory is supposed to put that in a player. You are to feel invisible and ready to leap tall buildings. Confidence can be developed. BUT I don't know. Perhaps the frosh and new recruits can learn that by more time in the monster factory. Until then, I don't know.
                    Last edited by leo from jersey; 02-26-2023, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• I know this has been posted, but does Ody have another year? He’s coming into his own and has been
                      a difference in the paint. It would be great if he and Vic were together with the young talent we have coming
                      thamks

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                        We should start having two game threads. One for all of these negative people so they can call out every mistake and bang on JD and the rest of us don’t have to filter through these comments.
                        I finally tried to figure out how the Block feature works on this site. By blocking one poster I knocked the number of pages to scan from 7 down to 4!

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

We all complain about lack of adjustments in the second half. But they did make adjustments today. Played like a team (17 assists on 29 FGs), outshot them 49% to 46% (37% to 20% 3FG) and outrebounded them 39 to 29. Obviously, TOs were critical and cost them the game.
                          What specific adjustments did you see? I’m genuinely curious.

All I saw was the same old “do whatever you want ISO” basketball - just some of the shots started going in. And I saw Ody’s hustle, which often times came from a rebound or put back - which is hustle, not an adjustment by the coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBB View Post
                            I know this has been posted, but does Ody have another year? He’s coming into his own and has been
                            a difference in the paint. It would be great if he and Vic were together with the young talent we have coming
                            thamks
                            I agree that Ody has really improved and really brings the energy. I would love to see him come back for another year especially since he's a big. I believe the only players that are completely out of eligibility are Kalu, DDJ and Phinisee and Newman (unless he gets an extra year for injury - not sure). I think Ody, Nolley, MAW, and JD all could opt for another year due to COVID. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I am also curious about the roster for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

What specific adjustments did you see? I’m genuinely curious.

All I saw was the same old “do whatever you want ISO” basketball - just some of the shots started going in. And I saw Ody’s hustle, which often times came from a rebound or put back - which is hustle, not an adjustment by the coach.
                              They played with more focus and discipline on both ends of the floor. They were more deliberate in the offense, resulting in fewer turnovers, leading to better shots and more assists. I did not see any of those things in the first half. That’s just my perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                                We should start having two game threads. One for all of these negative people so they can call out every mistake and bang on JD and the rest of us don’t have to filter through these comments.

Great effort Cats! Way to keep fighting on the road vs. a team that’s 19-1 in their last 20.
                                I agree. Road wins are tough to come by and this isn't UC's strongest team we've ever had and in spite of a lot of shortcomings, UC hung in there and fought until the end. This team has improved tremendously from the beginning of the year and although we've had some setbacks along the way, we've also seen some improvements.
                                Like the half full vs half empty glass, unfortunately some people only see the bad parts.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X