NCAA Tourney Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tourney Updates

Down go the #2 seeded Arizona Wildcats. Princeton throttled Arizona down the stretch, finishing with an 9-0 game-ending run to come away 59-55 victors.

Earlier, Furman got a late steal and trey to upset #4 Virginia, 68-67.
    Last edited by swilsonsp4; 03-16-2023, 07:21 PM.

Caden Pierce , brother of Alec Pierce with some closing FTs in that game.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bob Huggin's WVU lost by 2. Bummer because I had WVU winning two games.

Comment

NKU is really playing Houston tough. Down by 6 at the under 4 minute mark in the first half.

Comment

As there are every year, some exciting games yesterday. AZ and VA go down in upsets. B1G does about what I expected. I predict other than Purdue, there won't be any B1G teams left for next weekend.

Comment

I know you have to throw out logic in March Madness, plus you factor in intangibles (e.g., NKU highly motivated/scrapping, Houston over-confidence) and the fact that Houston has been scouting UC for years ... but anyone else get frustrated when you see NKU shoot 5/33 from 3-point and they were legitimately in the game until a few mins left... UC, meanwhile, essentially lost the AAC semis game by the opening media timeout. Got punked early (and this was not the first time) and that was that.

Comment

izzo just broke whiteboard, dealing with same terrible ref we had Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                I know you have to throw out logic in March Madness, plus you factor in intangibles (e.g., NKU highly motivated/scrapping, Houston over-confidence) and the fact that Houston has been scouting UC for years ... but anyone else get frustrated when you see NKU shoot 5/33 from 3-point and they were legitimately in the game until a few mins left... UC, meanwhile, essentially lost the AAC semis game by the opening media timeout. Got punked early (and this was not the first time) and that was that.

Yes the frustration has been discussed on this board the past two years. And it looks as though it's going to be the subject of discussion for the unforeseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

Yes the frustration has been discussed on this board the past two years. And it looks as though it's going to be the subject of discussion for the unforeseeable future.
                  Frustration has been discussed on here much longer than just the past two years.
                  ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post

Frustration has been discussed on here much longer than just the past two years.
                    Short memories on this forum . . . They only can remember two years back. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Huggins, 1 Sweet 16 in his last 9 years here.
                      Cronin, 2 Sweet 16’s in his tenure, one of those coached by Larry Davis.
                      In that time we went no further. No Elite 8 since 1996, no Final Four since 1992.

Comment

Yet X was able to get free throws in the final seconds of the game against Kennesaw State to win. Ugly but it was a win.
                        I have to state that I did not watch the game but if you look at the final stats, there was a huge disparity in free throws attempted.

Comment

Purdue just lost to a 16 seeded Farleigh Dickenson

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                            Purdue just lost to a 16 seeded Farleigh Dickenson
                            Totally overrated B1G . . .

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I was in Auburn Hills, Michigan in 1997 when we lost to Iowa State by 1 as a 3 seed and in Nashville 5 years ago almost to the day when we lost to Nevada in the second round after being up by 22 in the second half. Those are only two instances in a long history of frustrations.
                              ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X