No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDSU beats FAU at the buzzer. So my favorite is out of the finals now. Do you think that SDSU has a chance against the pay for play teams of UConn and Miami?

Comment

After watching UConn dismantle Miami, I'd say they're playing like the team to win it all on Monday night. Both of these squads play really good defense so unless something wierd happens, I'd take the under in this game if I were betting. I don't see SDSU being able to play interior bully ball with UConn's bigs like they've been able to do in the rest of the tournament.

Uconn is favored - 7.5 O/U is 132.5
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        SDSU beats FAU at the buzzer. So my favorite is out of the finals now. Do you think that SDSU has a chance against the pay for play teams of UConn and Miami?
        The SD State players have a good amount of NIL in place too. Anything can happen, but I believe UConn is playing well in all phases, defense, outside shooting, inside, transition, and not committing a lot of fouls. I'll be pulling for SD St, but my mind says UCon by 23.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

The line is dropping rapidly. UConn down to -2.5
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hard to believe Xavier beat UConn twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
              Not this week.

Comment

1999-2023:

UConn: 16 NCAA Tournament appearances, including 5 national titles, one additional Final Four appearance, two Elite Eight appearances, and also a Sweet 16

UC: 16 NCAA Tournament appearances, including Sweet 16 appearances in 2001 and 2012

Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-04-2023, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  1999-2023:

UConn: 16 NCAA Tournament appearances, including 5 national titles, one additional Final Four appearance, two Elite Eight appearances, and also a Sweet 16

UC: 16 NCAA Tournament appearances, including Sweet 16 appearances in 2001 and 2012

And 2 national titles, four additional Final Four appearances and 2 other Elite Eight appearances. Our history is longer but, of course, not as productive of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                    Not really. I didn't get the idea watching some of that game that the two teams in the final were the best teams in the country. Just a watered down year from a power perspective and no real dominant team. Getting hot at the right time was never more beneficial than this year. No high seeds really survived so it was there for the taking. I never thought a team as offensively challenged as SDSU would make it to the finals, but this was a strange year. Question is does the portal really impact the quality of the teams/competition we are seeing. I think SDSU was down in about every game they played but still got to the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

And 2 national titles, four additional Final Four appearances and 2 other Elite Eight appearances. Our history is longer but, of course, not as productive of late.
                      I believe the comment was just addressing the years 1999-2023. That's an amazing run for UConn in that stretch if so. Quietly one of if not the most dominant team in that era. Maybe Duke is ahead of them.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X