No announcement yet.

2023 Offseason Content

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is hard to know behind the scenes, and the leader on the court may or not be the same person as the off-the-court ringleader. Dan Skillings has always been a big, engaging presence if you follow him on social media-as some have said, he seems like he could have a future in media if the whole basketball thing doesn't work out. It's great to get some glimpses of the camaraderie that is forming, and the relationship between Wes Miller and the players.

Comment

New staff structure announced
      https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/7/1...structure.aspx

Chris Lepore is no longer on staff too. Chad Brendel and Justin Williams reporting he’s taken a job outside of basketball.
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 07-01-2023, 11:28 AM.

Comment

It appears that tweets are no longer viewable without being signed into an account, so I will no longer be linking to Twitter posts. But will keep this thread as fresh as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          It appears that tweets are no longer viewable without being signed into an account, so I will no longer be linking to Twitter posts. But will keep this thread as fresh as possible.
          You can blame Elon for that one. They did that on purpose.

For those who use Tweetdeck, that seems to be permananently broken now. Twitter itself has been mostly unusable this past weekend. Seems to be getting better today but very unreliable right now.

If anyone has a Bluesky invite code, hit me up.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is it being implied that LePore was let go, or am I jumping to conclusions? I was under the impression that he and Wes were inseparable coming together from UNC Greensboro.

Comment

Thanks for your post. I thought I was having trouble with my phone to view the Twitter posts. I continue to avoid to have a Twitter account.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                Is it being implied that LePore was let go, or am I jumping to conclusions? I was under the impression that he and Wes were inseparable coming together from UNC Greensboro.
                I think you are jumping to conclusions :-)

Sounds like he is taking a non-basketball/coaching job out of town (Louisville?) to be closer to family. He even said he will be back next summer to run the Wes Miller Basketball Camp. I am not sure where things stand with the Wes Miller/Mike Roberts relationship, but I think the Miller/Lepore relationship remains very solid.

Comment

Sounds like he is taking a non-basketball/coaching job out of town (Louisville?) to be closer to family. He even said he will be back next summer to run the Wes Miller Basketball Camp. I am not sure where things stand with the Wes Miller/Mike Roberts relationship, but I think the Miller/Lepore relationship remains very solid.
                  LePore has three small kids and his wife's family is from the Louisville area. He wanted to be in a situation where he could be part of his young family. The world of college basketball is not conducive to that at this point in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                    I don't think that is the case at all. He took a private sector job and outside of that, I don't have any details. He's probably making more money than he would as a basketball operations guy.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here is the latest on coaching. Men's Basketball Unveils New Staff Structure - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping that that wasn't the case, but with Roberts leaving and then Le Pore, it had the earmarks of putting one at unease. We sure don't need any discontent going into this inaugural season.

Comment

Looks like Twitter has silently removed this restriction .
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC basketball now on Threads.

https://www.threads.net/t/CuVa39DM81...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ

GoBearcats is there too.

https://www.threads.net/t/CuVZ73CsMp...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ
                            Last edited by longtimefan; 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                              Excellent ... looks like Simas Lukosius is representing the German National Team at some basketball event in Canada. He apparently holds dual Lithuanian and German citizenship. https://www.threads.net/@gobearcatsmbb

Comment

Just a heads up. The links to Threads go to a generic splash screen on a desktop browser. Threads is currently only a mobile app as it doesn't look like they've enabled it for web viewing yet. . That'll probably change eventually. No ads on Threads for now either. The Timeline is chaotic at this point.

I also saw where if you create an account and then want to delete it, you have to delete your assocaited IG account as well to get rid of it. They're integrated.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X