Illinois-Chicago 11/6 9:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois-Chicago 11/6 9:00 ESPN+

I'm sure very few, if any, of us know anything about the UIC Flames, who play in the MVC. Last season, KenPom rated them #301 (of 363 D1 teams). The Flames finished 12-20.

This season, the ranking is #243 out of 362 teams (Hartford dropped to D3). They started with an exhibition two nights ago against Clayton State, a D2 school from Georgia. The Flames led by seven at the half, then pulled away for a 67-44 win. Their on-line fan base sounds familiar to a lot of other schools: "This team is worse than last year ... They play no defense ... Can't handle the press. etc."

There's probably no way to discern the quality of UIC. The Clayton State game certainly won't tell us much. The Lakers went 3-25 last season;

It's a late night affair, following the WBB game that tips at 6:00.

Here we go!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Here we go!
      Where we going?

Comment

UC game notes list the following as probable starters: Thomas, Skillings, Lukosius, Lakhin, Oguama

Obviously, Bandaogo and Reynolds' statuses remain up in the air. Skillings over Newman/Fredrick is a good sign in Skillings' development/hopeful sophomore jump. Newman seems like a solid 6th man and Fredrick would be a great shooter off the bench -- hopefully he is healthy.

Comment

UC favored by 15.5

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            UC favored by 15.5
            The Cats opened -14.5. Why would anyone except a gambling addict play this game? Who knows at this point how good either team is? The Flames were terrible last year and the Cats have lots of new pieces. I could see scenarios in which UIC keeps it under the spread (but none in which they win) or UC blows their doors off.

We’re an old team in terms of experience. I’m leaning towards beating the spread, while working out the kinks. And, since I’m not a gambling addict, there’s no way I’d plunk down cold, hard cash on this.

Comment

Don't forget before this game, the women take on ranked Louisville at 6:00 . If you need tickets to either game, let me know and I'll get them to you.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Was wondering if we’re going to have to endure
                ESPN + all year again ? Thought that would
                change once in the Big XII ?

Comment

I think it’s 22 games on ESPN+. I hope it doesn’t suck as bad as it did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    I think it’s 22 games on ESPN+. I hope it doesn’t suck as bad as it did last year.
                    I rather doubt that the production could be anywhere as bad as it was at Tulane. That was embarrassingly awful.

Comment

Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
                      Was wondering if we’re going to have to endure
                      ESPN + all year again ? Thought that would
                      change once in the Big XII ?
                      The answer to that is yes. Might as well sign up if you plan to watch games this season.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

The answer to that is yes. Might as well sign up if you plan to watch games this season.
                        bummer- thanks !

Comment

I'm happy to have anyplace to watch the Cats/ When I was younger, I watched them on local TV. Later, after moving I didn't get to see them. Then I got the direct tv sport package to watch them. Now ESPN +. I am thankful for this. BTW still have the directtv package and perhaps I need to cancel, but I get Bill Dance fishing. Again, I am glad to watch them at my home. Years ago I saw them at Rutgers and Seton Hall in person, but hard to go to BIG 12 arenas.
                          Last edited by leo from jersey; 11-06-2023, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Unsurprisingly, Bandaogo and Reynolds are not in uniform tonight

Comment

Starters:

Thomas
                              Lukosius
                              Newman
                              Lakhin
                              Oguama

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X