Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aziz transfer approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
    What do you all think that Aziz and Lakhin can be productive playing on the floor at the same time?
    yes because vik is really more of a 4 that has been filling in at the 5 where aziz is more of a 5. Vik has played out of position due to necessity since he came here. Excited to see them on the floor together. We have a really good shot blocking presence now.

There is only ONE first time!!!

Comment

They could conceivably be complementary. They likely play different roles with Vik being more of a "Euro 4" and a little less of a physical presence and Aziz being more of a shot blocker and physical presence on defense and a rim runner/pick and roll threat on offense. Not sure how much back to the basket, throw the entry pass to the big guy and let him work stuff we will see with either of them, especially since Vik seems less inclined to go hard to the hole and tends to try to shoot short hooks etc close in.

Comment

speaking as an old fan, I am excited about tonight's game. It has been a bit since I felt like this. Go Cats. I realize he isn't the second coming of either the Big O or K-Mart, but I am still enthused and ready to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
          speaking as an old fan, I am excited about tonight's game. It has been a bit since I felt like this. Go Cats. I realize he isn't the second coming of either the Big O or K-Mart, but I am still enthused and ready to watch.
          I, too, am excited - will be attending my first game since maybe Cronin’s last year.

Comment

Number three here. This is the first year that we get to see primarily CWM's recruits playing the way he wants to the skill set of his recruits. Let's go 'cats

Comment

Ditto from another oldtimer. Go Cats!!

Comment

Any more info on Jamille?

Comment

The last I heard was the NCAA told CWM that they couldn't / wouldn't even begin to review Jamille's waiver until Dec. At the pace they drag their feet that could be Christmas, assuring the poor kid of having to sit out the year. Sad part about it is if it does pan out that way, it completely left Jamille with no other alternative with making other plans or with another direction in his career. That is no way to mangle a young persons dreams.
                  Last edited by Rufus; 11-30-2023, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Re: Jamille, how far does this drag out before -- if you are Jamille/the staff -- you just say never mind?

In a hypothetical world in which he could be declared eligible after all, would it be worth it if he were to miss half the season (and lose half of a season of eligibility) versus potentially sitting out and maintaining that full season?

At this point, it has been less than 20% of the season -- but that is still several games missed and a chance to impact the team/do what he loves.

Comment

I wasn't insinuating that Jamille or UC's staff was anticipating a refusal or that either party was seeking a waiver in an ungenuine manner. My comment was meant to highlite the snail like pace at how these waivers are being decided. It is a disservice to Jamille, Aziz and all the others at how this whole fiasco has been handled. If Jamille's waiver won't even be looked at until Dec. and considering the usual time line used the conference schedule will already be into play. Again just commenting on the unfairness to these young people.

Comment

From old friend Justin Williams:

Seven states, led by Ohio AG Dave Yost, have filed a federal antitrust lawsuit today challenging the NCAA’s transfer eligibility rule. If an injunction were granted, it would prevent NCAA from denying waivers for immediate eligibility by multi-time transfer athletes.

https://twitter.com/Williams_Justin/...46464215232911

Comment

I was just thinking today that if I were a betting man I would have placed an obscene bet that Jamille's waiver would not be decided before the X game. Even though they stated it wouldn't be until Dec. Here we are at day six and they are still dragging their feet.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X